katlander

Pick 'Em

Re: klieman: daily oklahoman weighs in with article

Post by katlander » July 22nd, 2019, 8:44 am

WIldWIllieCat wrote:
July 22nd, 2019, 7:06 am
katlander wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 11:13 pm
:rofl: Only at UK. I agree he seems a little off. Kind of like a Democratic candidate who shall remain nameless.
katlander wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 1:41 pm
I think it is time for ArKSU to follow board rules. In other words no personal attacks and take politics to Gods & Generals.
SJW

WIldWIllieCat
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by WIldWIllieCat » July 22nd, 2019, 9:04 am

CW

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » July 22nd, 2019, 12:40 pm

Tbonespop wrote:
July 22nd, 2019, 8:19 am
mustang wrote:
July 22nd, 2019, 2:34 am
I do sense from my friends in the kc area, that for the first time in forever, KSU fans are a bit concerned about KU football. The game is in Lawrence this season, not an automatic W, which is good for the rivalry.
KSU is going to stomp their ass this year. They are going to wish Snyder 2.0 hadn’t left. The passive game plan is gone. #NoMercy
If you go position group by position group:

QB - K-State - Returning starter versus JUCO
RB - KU - Pooka (despite personal issues) has a lot of talent. K-State has a lot of transfers and unknowns. We will see how they factor in.
O-Line - K-State - Lots of returning talent a at least 1 future NFL player. Should be one of the better O-Line in the Big 12
WR - Push - Both lost a lot of experience. Had it not been for Zuber and Rison leaving, it would have leaned towards K-State

D-Line - K-State - Walker, Dishon and Hubert > KU
LB - Push - Both teams lack depth at LB
Secondary - KU - KU has more returning experience as K-State may have some RS FR on the field at times

Special Teams - K-State - Blake Lynch, if healthy, is very reliable. KU has a bit better punter, but the difference in K will change it

Coaching - Push - FCS winner versus coach that has been out of work. We shall see on this one.

Intangibles - Push - KU has the home field, but will it be an advantage? They could easily be 1-5 in the last 6 games leading up to this game.

Old school thought is that games come down to the trenches. With both teams focusing on a rushing attack, it will be key on who has the better O-Line to run the ball and who has a better front 7 on D to stop the run. K-State looks to have the advantage in both of these cases. KU does have Pooka, but can his line get him free, can their passing attack get the D out of the box, or what is available behind Pooka when he is tired or beat up? KU's secondary advantage will also not be a factor if they can't stop a multi facet rushing attack that K-State will present.

I think the game will be a quick game, with both teams keeping the ball on the ground. It will also likely be lower scoring with that shorter game. I could see it being in the range of 31-20 in favor of K-State.

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » July 22nd, 2019, 12:56 pm

There's a thread over on the Phog about this. It's apparent something isn't quite right with Les, as many KU fans are also saying this. There is definitely reasons to be concerned about his health. Just watch any of his KU press conferences.. he just has a hard time speaking and getting his thoughts together.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » July 22nd, 2019, 9:09 pm

BEWARE THE PHOG!!!!!!! may have new meaning.

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » July 22nd, 2019, 9:19 pm

hilltopwildcat wrote:
July 22nd, 2019, 9:09 pm
BEWARE THE PHOG!!!!!!! may have new meaning.

:D

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » July 22nd, 2019, 9:39 pm

AJcat7755 wrote:
July 22nd, 2019, 12:40 pm
Tbonespop wrote:
July 22nd, 2019, 8:19 am

KSU is going to stomp their ass this year. They are going to wish Snyder 2.0 hadn’t left. The passive game plan is gone. #NoMercy
If you go position group by position group:

QB - K-State - Returning starter versus JUCO
RB - KU - Pooka (despite personal issues) has a lot of talent. K-State has a lot of transfers and unknowns. We will see how they factor in.
O-Line - K-State - Lots of returning talent a at least 1 future NFL player. Should be one of the better O-Line in the Big 12
WR - Push - Both lost a lot of experience. Had it not been for Zuber and Rison leaving, it would have leaned towards K-State

D-Line - K-State - Walker, Dishon and Hubert > KU
LB - Push - Both teams lack depth at LB
Secondary - KU - KU has more returning experience as K-State may have some RS FR on the field at times

Special Teams - K-State - Blake Lynch, if healthy, is very reliable. KU has a bit better punter, but the difference in K will change it

Coaching - Push - FCS winner versus coach that has been out of work. We shall see on this one.

Intangibles - Push - KU has the home field, but will it be an advantage? They could easily be 1-5 in the last 6 games leading up to this game.

Old school thought is that games come down to the trenches. With both teams focusing on a rushing attack, it will be key on who has the better O-Line to run the ball and who has a better front 7 on D to stop the run. K-State looks to have the advantage in both of these cases. KU does have Pooka, but can his line get him free, can their passing attack get the D out of the box, or what is available behind Pooka when he is tired or beat up? KU's secondary advantage will also not be a factor if they can't stop a multi facet rushing attack that K-State will present.

I think the game will be a quick game, with both teams keeping the ball on the ground. It will also likely be lower scoring with that shorter game. I could see it being in the range of 31-20 in favor of K-State.
All fair points but the reason I say KSU will win in big fashion comes down to culture, program, and leadership. CK will command our program and my thought is we have better pieces in place to fit his system than KU has in place to fit their system. I think KU will have a harder time adjusting to the new staff and systems. All the talent in the world isn't much use unless the coaching staff knows how to get it working in unison. Miles has a long way to go with the KU program and with the reports he's not all together, one has to be concerned how he will manage a complete D1 P5 football program when he can barely put coherent sentences together. I just don't see it. I think we will take them to the woodshed in this game.
EMAW

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » July 23rd, 2019, 12:41 am

i think you are right T-bone. Looking like another style over substance hire for the crimson(bloody) and blue(sad).

mustang

Post by mustang » July 23rd, 2019, 1:34 pm

Looks like the passive Snyder was reasonably successful against KU.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » July 26th, 2019, 8:39 am

i heard berry's media days podcast summary. he wasn't enthralled with miles' chances at ku, for sure. but he also wasn't complimentary of ck, saying that he won at ndsu because he had superior talent, and he won't have that at k-state. tramel is a big bill snyder fan. and thus, i suspect his opinions on klieman are somewhat shaded by his admiration for the wizard.
Why is there something rather than nothing?