Tyreek Hill is good to go

The defending Big XII Champions
NealyFan

Re: Tyreek Hill is good to go

Post by NealyFan » July 19th, 2019, 7:38 pm

katlander wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 1:41 pm
I think it is time for ArKSU to follow board rules. In other words no personal attacks and take politics to Gods & Generals.
Holy cow! We agree. Btw, I don’t find it constructive to punish criminals by taking away their chance at a livliehood. Keep him on the Chiefs, fine him, make him do PSAs, educate others, etc.
“It’s a tremendous challenge. The opportunity exists here today... for the greatest turnaround in college football history. And it’s not one to be taken lightly.” —- Bill Snyder

3rdgradeteach
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by 3rdgradeteach » July 19th, 2019, 7:51 pm

Fullypersuaded wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 3:02 pm
Tyreek Hill was guilty of staying in a toxic relationship that obviously may have caused him to act out of character on occasion. This is common in many marriages/relationships. She obviously triggered him. Too bad players like him are presumed to be "thugs"....just because. If you watch him play, he's really not confrontational at all or never projects being a hot head. He just loves to compete. I must admit, I'm shocked there was no suspension.
This is not out of character for him. He beat her in the past.

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » July 19th, 2019, 9:28 pm

NealyFan wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 7:38 pm
katlander wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 1:41 pm
I think it is time for ArKSU to follow board rules. In other words no personal attacks and take politics to Gods & Generals.
Holy cow! We agree. Btw, I don’t find it constructive to punish criminals by taking away their chance at a livliehood. Keep him on the Chiefs, fine him, make him do PSAs, educate others, etc.
Not a bad idea, but I think it better if we don't agree twice in one day. :)

Cooter

Post by Cooter » July 20th, 2019, 4:20 pm

3rdgradeteach wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 7:51 pm
Fullypersuaded wrote:
Tyreek Hill was guilty of staying in a toxic relationship that obviously may have caused him to act out of character on occasion. This is common in many marriages/relationships. She obviously triggered him. Too bad players like him are presumed to be "thugs"....just because. If you watch him play, he's really not confrontational at all or never projects being a hot head. He just loves to compete. I must admit, I'm shocked there was no suspension.
Yeah Fully, where’s Tyreks responsibility for his actions? I mean he’s already beat her, and we have him threatening her on audio.

Chiefs fans gonna Chief. The team has some history with women

wazucat

Post by wazucat » July 21st, 2019, 11:37 am

what is an sjw ???

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » July 21st, 2019, 12:40 pm

wazucat wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 11:37 am
what is an sjw ???
sjw = social justice warrior

"SJW" is a term often used to describe those on the far left who hold radically "progressive" views and those who hold different opinions are often vilified by them as racists, sexists, bigots, homophobes, transphobes, Nazis, etc. They are also the ones who forcefully (sometimes violently) shut down speeches on college campuses if the invited speaker holds views different than their own (which they deem as "hate speech"). They will even go after other liberals if they aren't progressive enough.

I wouldn't call those who peacefully fought for civil rights as SJWs as another poster suggested.

I don't know much about the Tyreek Hill situation, but I agree that if his guilt could not be proven, then he, like every other citizen should be presumed innocent.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

3rdgradeteach

Post by 3rdgradeteach » July 21st, 2019, 6:24 pm

stlcatfan wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 12:40 pm
wazucat wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 11:37 am
what is an sjw ???

"SJW" is a term often used to describe those on the far left who hold radically "progressive" views and those who hold different opinions are often vilified by them as racists, sexists, bigots, homophobes, transphobes, Nazis, etc. They are also the ones who forcefully (sometimes violently) shut down speeches on college campuses if the invited speaker holds views different than their own (which they deem as "hate speech"). They will even go after other liberals if they aren't progressive enough.

I wouldn't call those who peacefully fought for civil rights as SJWs as another poster suggested.

I don't know much about the Tyreek Hill situation, but I agree that if his guilt could not be proven, then he, like every other citizen should be presumed innocent.
He is guilty.....

Former Oklahoma State Cowboys running back Tyreek Hill pleaded guilty on Friday to punching and choking his pregnant girlfriend and received three years of probation, reports Kyle Fredrickson of NewsOK.com.

Pooka pleaded guilty and got probation and many KSU fans couldn't believe he was only suspended for one game. Why should Tyreek even be playing?

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » July 21st, 2019, 9:14 pm

3rdgradeteach wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 6:24 pm
stlcatfan wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 12:40 pm

He is guilty.....

Former Oklahoma State Cowboys running back Tyreek Hill pleaded guilty on Friday to punching and choking his pregnant girlfriend and received three years of probation, reports Kyle Fredrickson of NewsOK.com.

Pooka pleaded guilty and got probation and many KSU fans couldn't believe he was only suspended for one game. Why should Tyreek even be playing?
I am confused. I thought the latest incident had to do with an allegation of child abuse. And I thought the punching and choking of his pregnant girlfriend happened while he was at oSu. Anyway, thanks for the clarification. Like I said, I didn't know much about the situation and honestly have not followed it that closely.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

Fullypersuaded

Post by Fullypersuaded » July 22nd, 2019, 12:55 pm

3rdgradeteach wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 7:51 pm
Fullypersuaded wrote:
He actually didn't, according to that tape. She never refuted him asking her did he hit her, on a recording he knew nothing about. She changed the subject.

In 2014, he was advised to plead guilty by a public defender, after he no longer could afford a private attorney. His initial plea with the initial attorney was not guilty. He pled guilty to get the opportunity to play again, but if you listen to the tape, she won't admit he didn't hit her. He was breaking up with her & put her out of his apartment. She came back with the cops. Bottomline, after all this investigation & prior acquittals, the authorities obviously ruled in his favor. Everything in the media isn't the truth.

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » July 22nd, 2019, 9:29 pm

Well, I hope he is not a jerk because he is one he!! of a football player and a blast to watch. Mahomes is great but the addition of Tyreek takes it to another level. Like throwing gasoline on a fire.