i guess missouri <<< north carolina ...

The defending Big XII Champions
powercat5000

Re: i guess missouri <<< north carolina ...

Post by powercat5000 » February 4th, 2019, 12:58 pm

Lionheart wrote:
February 4th, 2019, 7:55 am
Silva will play again this year. Coach Self said this ain't over. They are going to go into court and get an injunction against the mean NCAA. KU is a blue blood and they are entitled. You watch!!!!!!!! You must accept their great tradition. KU fans demand justice.
There would be massive blowback if the ncaa reverses their decision and let's Silvia play, and not just from the big12. I don't see it happening.
Our Freedom Does Not End where Fear Begins

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » February 4th, 2019, 1:32 pm

powercat5000 wrote:
February 4th, 2019, 12:58 pm
Lionheart wrote:
February 4th, 2019, 7:55 am
Silva will play again this year. Coach Self said this ain't over. They are going to go into court and get an injunction against the mean NCAA. KU is a blue blood and they are entitled. You watch!!!!!!!! You must accept their great tradition. KU fans demand justice.
There would be massive blowback if the ncaa reverses their decision and let's Silvia play, and not just from the big12. I don't see it happening.
Agreed. The point here is they'll take it to a friendly beak judge somewhere who will overturn it long enough for DeSouza to help their run down the stretch.

PurpleOnWhite

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleOnWhite » February 4th, 2019, 1:42 pm

I would be shocked if KU went the litigation route. The last thing KU would want would be to piss on the NCAA’s leg. Discovery would be brutal, and KU would not fare well. KU is feigning righteous indignation and is praying that Self et al can somehow dodge further ncaa wrath.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » February 4th, 2019, 2:03 pm

good lord, this is not a legal matter. a voluntary organization has rules that provide for self-governance. a member violates the rules and is reprimanded. the courts would ask, why are you a member of the organization?

now, desousa could go to the courts and make some claim, i suppose. he doesn't belong directly to the ncaa. but that's a stretch given his handlers took money. there's nothing keeping him from playing professionally. nor is there anything that keeps him from attending ku, unless they pull his scholarship.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

Lionheart
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Lionheart » February 4th, 2019, 8:35 pm

Logic has nothing to do with this. You must accept the fact that KU is above the law. The rules do not apply to them. Looking forward to seeing Desoua tomorrow at the SUNFLOWER SHOWDOWN.