The defending Big XII Champions
Pipapino
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ron Prince gets head coach job

Post by Pipapino » December 7th, 2018, 3:32 am

Lionheart wrote:
December 6th, 2018, 10:13 pm
Maybe KState will pay a black coach then terms of their contract the the next time they fire one. Instead of making up some false pretense that the contract was not valid. History shows kstate pays and honors the contracts of the white coaches they fire. We went to court and had to settle because we were wrong, What a disgusting situation in kstate football.
Racist aren't you

Lionheart

Post by Lionheart » December 7th, 2018, 6:24 am

I love white people when they commit racism and then try and pretend it didn't happen. And all black men are arrogant whenever they express a point of view. What's next? Your going to tell me that Christopher Columbus discovered America and he was friendly to native americans.

powercat5000

Post by powercat5000 » December 7th, 2018, 7:00 am

If the people at ksu were rascist- which they are not- Ron Prince would have never gotten the hc job at ksu. KSU took a chance on an underqualified assistant coach who was spiraling after 2 seasons and got canned for the dumpster fire he created. I don’t see anything racist in that. Lionheart, your posts are committing racism- take it somewhere else
Our Freedom Does Not End where Fear Begins

ksusmcsgtmaj

Pick 'Em

Post by ksusmcsgtmaj » December 7th, 2018, 7:16 am

Lionheart wrote:
December 6th, 2018, 10:13 pm
Maybe KState will pay a black coach then terms of their contract the the next time they fire one. Instead of making up some false pretense that the contract was not valid. History shows kstate pays and honors the contracts of the white coaches they fire. We went to court and had to settle because we were wrong, What a disgusting situation in kstate football.
What a seriously awful post.

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » December 7th, 2018, 7:44 am

Lionheart wrote:
December 7th, 2018, 6:24 am
I love white people when they commit racism and then try and pretend it didn't happen. And all black men are arrogant whenever they express a point of view. What's next? Your going to tell me that Christopher Columbus discovered America and he was friendly to native americans.
He was arrogant based on how he treated his staff on a daily basis, then acted above the world. Yes, I know two people who worked for him. One, a trainer, and one, a manager, and he treated them and virtually everybody like peasants.

Racism is strong in you. the most racist post I've ever viewed on here actually.

If KSU was racist, why did they hire him? Just absolutely ridiculous reasoning and pathetic on your part.

Sorry mods, but this garbage needed called out for what it is.

Lionheart

Post by Lionheart » December 7th, 2018, 10:12 am

Fired Ellis Rainsberg and honored his contract and paid him. He was white.
Fired Jim Dickey and honored his contract and paid him. He was white.
Fired Stan Parrish and honored his contract and paid him. He was white.
Fired Ron Prince and did not honor his contract and did not pay him. He was black.

As usual kstate fans want to ignore their racism and make false pretenses for their conduct. Kstate settled the lawsuit and had to pay Prince every penny and his attorney fees too because they were WRONG. The fact that many of you now attack me as racist for pointing this out only reinforces the hate and racism of this fan base.

powercat5000

Post by powercat5000 » December 7th, 2018, 10:21 am

Mods! Put an end to this!!! We don’t need this crap on the football board
Our Freedom Does Not End where Fear Begins

oscar

Post by oscar » December 7th, 2018, 10:30 am

I may have a different perspective on race, having a military background where we literally are color blind.

I do find there is racism in sports, some blatant and other not so. Black coaches and managers (only one employed currently in MLB, which is outrageous) are held to a different standard and are treated differently, often second guessed for not being a good strategist, etc.

Of the candidates that have been mentioned for the now open Kansas State job, I have NEVER seen a mention of one black candidate, which in itself is disturbing.

Do I feel Ron prince was fired because he was black? NO

Were the mistakes Prince made and his missteps not easily dismissed because of his race? Possibly so. Fact being there is a a segment of every fan base that is not very progressive and they do not feel comfortable with someone not white representing the school.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » December 7th, 2018, 11:41 am

Part of Prince's problem was that his contract extension was written on a napkin and unknown to all but the AD. I don't think it was the pay, it was whether it was legal or not. Glad he got his money.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » December 7th, 2018, 11:46 am

prince settled for half his bob krause deal, $1.6 million v. $3.2 million. as a side note, bob was fired by wefald. there was a big financial investigation. and bob died a few years later. i always thought his death was somehow tied to his fall from grace. very sad because bob made some huge contributions to k-state and mhk. he was a very powerful figure.
"What is your fair share of what someone else has worked for?" Sowell