The defending Big XII Champions
Fullypersuaded

Re: Kareem Hunt kicked off team

Post by Fullypersuaded » December 1st, 2018, 11:44 am

Fullypersuaded wrote:
December 1st, 2018, 11:30 am
Tbonespop wrote:
December 1st, 2018, 11:12 am

1) ZERO, absolutely F'ing F'ING ZERO evidence of the SC justice having "questionable character". In fact it was the opposite, there was ACTUAL evidence to the contrary. The other reports were nothing more than People making shit up to get what they want. People make shit up every day to get what they want. It's what our society has turned into and its a disgrace. That goes for both sides of the political spectrum.

2) There's no place for this behavior in our society and by that it includes making shit up to get what you want.
So basically, you can't trust the account of a person that felt they were violated, if there's no video? Ok, I got it. Because we all make the greatest decisions when we're drunk. I no longer drink, but have certainly done many things out of character when I was drunk. Those drunken moments would have certainly shocked my family & some friends but they happened. You can't just presume you know what folk do in the dark, just because you endear their political position.

kstueve

Post by kstueve » December 1st, 2018, 11:48 am

Fullypersuaded wrote:
December 1st, 2018, 11:44 am
Fullypersuaded wrote:

So basically, you can't trust the account of a person that felt they were violated, if there's no video? Ok, I got it. Because we all make the greatest decisions when we're drunk. I no longer drink, but have certainly done many things out of character when I was drunk. Those drunken moments would have certainly shocked my family & some friends but they happened. You can't just presume you know what folk do in the dark, just because you endear their political position.
Due process, Innocent until proven guilty, every other person named as being present denies ever seeing such behavior. 20 plus years of professional associations with females not a single complaint. In face an exemplary record of promoting and advancing female subordinates. This is hardly the forum for this conversation. Why is it that some can't leave politics out of normal conversations. Finally I hope my response here is what it takes to lock this thread.

highplainsdawg
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by highplainsdawg » December 1st, 2018, 11:52 am

Fullypersuaded wrote:
Tbonespop wrote:

1) ZERO, absolutely F'ing F'ING ZERO evidence of the SC justice having "questionable character". In fact it was the opposite, there was ACTUAL evidence to the contrary. The other reports were nothing more than People making shit up to get what they want. People make shit up every day to get what they want. It's what our society has turned into and its a disgrace. That goes for both sides of the political spectrum.

2) There's no place for this behavior in our society and by that it includes making shit up to get what you want.
So basically, you can't trust the account of a person that felt they were violated, if there's no video? Ok, I got it. Because we all make the greatest decisions when we're drunk. I no longer drink, but have certainly done many things out of character when I was drunk.
Not what TBones said or even implied. He suggested that the accusation has to be evaluated and when it is evaluated in light of everything else that is known, the accusations seem to have no support. You neither trust nor distrust an accusation until you have evidence to support or discredit. Pretty basic principle of justice.

Fullypersuaded

Post by Fullypersuaded » December 1st, 2018, 11:59 am

kstueve wrote:
December 1st, 2018, 11:48 am
Fullypersuaded wrote:
Due process, Innocent until proven guilty, every other person named as being present denies ever seeing such behavior. 20 plus years of professional associations with females not a single complaint. In face an exemplary record of promoting and advancing female subordinates. This is hardly the forum for this conversation. Why is it that some can't leave politics out of normal conversations. Finally I hope my response here is what it takes to lock this thread.
Well, the cops, nor the women present, cooperated, thus Hunt walks. Sounds like if folk get selective amnesia, then you're good. Thus making a victims testimony baseless. In those "drunken moments", it's possible that you could kill someone, or violate a woman. Outside of those moments, anybody can be a fine and upstanding citizen. That applies to anyone, regardless of profession.

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » December 1st, 2018, 11:59 am

Fullypersuaded wrote:
Tbonespop wrote:

So basically, you can't trust the account of a person that felt they were violated, if there's no video? Ok, I got it. Because we all make the greatest decisions when we're drunk. I no longer drink, but have certainly done many things out of character when I was drunk.
So basically, you say NOTHING about someone like Keith Ellison a former Vice Chairman of the DNC (3rd person in charge of the DNC party) assaulting his girlfriend with actual police reports, eye witness accounts, and medical reports to verify as evidence. And his accuser happened to be in the SAME POLITICAL party = means it wasn't political. What happens as a result? He gets elected to be the highest attorney position in the state. Ok, got it. Selective outrage. But instead you choose to make a point about a person with absolutely zero evidence. Nada, zip. zilch, nothing. If you got evidence, spill it. I'll certainly reconsider if you got it. I'll wait.........

Evidence....or no evidence.....see a pattern here?

Ya, many people make bad decisions when they drink. Some people shouldn't drink.

**EDIT** I'm out of this discussion at this point. Back on sports. Sorry for the veer
EMAW

highplainsdawg
Been thanked: 0

Post by highplainsdawg » December 1st, 2018, 12:05 pm

kstueve wrote:
December 1st, 2018, 11:48 am
Fullypersuaded wrote:
You must type faster than I do.

Getting back to the Kareem Hunt situation, the Chiefs did the right thing. Was the initial incident enough to get Hunt booted from the team? I don't know. A long suspension may have been appropriate. However, by being dishonest in the investigation, Hunt added a whole new layer to his misbehavior. Organizations really need to know the truth about a situation in order to administer appropriate punishment for the event. Withholding information or misrepresenting fouls up that process and if you look at most employment manuals, withholding or distorting material information in an internal investigation is a terminable offense by itself. Just ask Jim Leavitt. Since politics wall was breached, let me point out that Richard Nixon was facing imminent impeachment, not because of the original crime but because of the cover-up that ensued.

Zoltar

Post by Zoltar » December 1st, 2018, 12:06 pm

But you also had people, that were very good people, on both sides.

Shouldn't drink? Everyone should try devils triangle. We all know it is a drinking game.
Win the dang day!

blyne3

Post by blyne3 » December 1st, 2018, 1:01 pm

What I'm trying to figure out it the police investigated, NFL says they have been investigating since Feb and no one asked to see a video? I'm not an a detective and know there are cameras everywhere, always ask for it, or was there an attempt to hide the video? The NFLor the Chiefs would have to be in on that if there was an attempt to hide it.

I will also say I don't think the video was not that bad, the woman shows up at Hunt's residence and is told to leave and was given several chances to and kept returning. Yes there are several better ways to handle it, call front desk, police, ect.

kinsleycat

Post by kinsleycat » December 1st, 2018, 1:45 pm

blyne3 wrote:
December 1st, 2018, 1:01 pm
What I'm trying to figure out it the police investigated, NFL says they have been investigating since Feb and no one asked to see a video? I'm not an a detective and know there are cameras everywhere, always ask for it, or was there an attempt to hide the video? The NFLor the Chiefs would have to be in on that if there was an attempt to hide it.

I will also say I don't think the video was not that bad, the woman shows up at Hunt's residence and is told to leave and was given several chances to and kept returning. Yes there are several better ways to handle it, call front desk, police, ect.
The police investigated that evening, the video shows them questioning Hunt in the hallway outside his room, The hotel policy is that they;ll release video only to the police, so they had it from the start, Unless the police released the video to the Chiefs, I doubt they had it. My guess is that TMZ payed somebody a lot of money to get a copy of it.

RubberBandCat

Pick 'Em

Post by RubberBandCat » December 1st, 2018, 1:59 pm

Could've taken the 3-6 game suspension or whatever it would've been and get Kareem the help he needed. Instead, they do the thing that benefits absolutely no one. Clark Hunt is a moron trying desperately to appease the masses.