Recruiting Thread

The defending Big XII Champions
katlander

Pick 'Em

Re: Recruiting Thread

Post by katlander » April 23rd, 2024, 10:08 pm

Trouble maker may not be the best choice of words but a kid who commits and then reneges on those commitments again and again is not doing anyone a favor. If he comes here other promising backs may transfer. If history is a guide he may soon be gone too, leaving us in worse shape then when he signed. But if Avery thinks he is worth the risks then I can see the coaches giving him another shot. I'm just not sure his me first attitude fits our culture.

We definitely could exploit his speed. He could be a very good return man.
Last edited by katlander on April 23rd, 2024, 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author katlander for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanrandallcat85

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » April 23rd, 2024, 10:15 pm

Kennesaw State defensive lineman Carlos Allen Jr. has cut his list of schools down to Cal, Houston, Kansas State and Georgia Southern.

The 6-foot-1, 303-pound grad transfer tallied 35 tackles, 2.5 TFL and a forced fumble over the past 2 seasons.
These users thanked the author bhoovy for the post:
stlcatfan

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » April 24th, 2024, 9:18 am

katlander wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 10:08 pm
Trouble maker may not be the best choice of words but a kid who commits and then reneges on those commitments again and again is not doing anyone a favor. If he comes here other promising backs may transfer. If history is a guide he may soon be gone too, leaving us in worse shape then when he signed. But if Avery thinks he is worth the risks then I can see the coaches giving him another shot. I'm just not sure his me first attitude fits our culture.

We definitely could exploit his speed. He could be a very good return man.
I get what you're saying, but in this day and age, you go get talent, because there is no guarantee that those other players that you speak of won't transfer anyway. Recruiting based on "what ifs" is a dangerous game. I think our staff understands the importance of building the roster with developmental kids with good character and moral values, but also understand, you need a few studs. Maybe K-State is what Dylan Edwards needs. A program led by a high character guy and players who are focused on hard work and not glitz. After being in Colorado, he may be ready to focus on football instead of a constant circus.
These users thanked the author wild@nite for the post (total 2):
randallcat85Tbonespop

alwaysacat
Has thanked: 0

Post by alwaysacat » April 24th, 2024, 11:49 am

Considering we have good list of running backs currently I think the coaching staff needs to pursue Dylan with a distinct method. I would be all welcoming with open arms even with his past of looking for greener pastures; however, any NIL package is an "earned" not "given" mentality. I think we have some other openings we need to pursue more if we have those kind of resources to throw around. And if he doesn't want to come here due to $$$ then let him walk. But a call to him does need to be made just to keep communication open.
These users thanked the author alwaysacat for the post:
stlcatfan

topekacat

Post by topekacat » April 24th, 2024, 12:09 pm

The story I am hearing is that Edwards left Colorado to chase NIL.
These users thanked the author topekacat for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanKSUbetcha

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » April 24th, 2024, 12:09 pm

alwaysacat wrote:
April 24th, 2024, 11:49 am
Considering we have good list of running backs currently I think the coaching staff needs to pursue Dylan with a distinct method. I would be all welcoming with open arms even with his past of looking for greener pastures; however, any NIL package is an "earned" not "given" mentality. I think we have some other openings we need to pursue more if we have those kind of resources to throw around. And if he doesn't want to come here due to $$$ then let him walk. But a call to him does need to be made just to keep communication open.
Agreed. .
These users thanked the author wild@nite for the post:
randallcat85

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » April 25th, 2024, 11:07 am

I apologize, I made an incorrect post about a RB from Utah that was visiting the Cats. I completely misheard as that’s not the case, but instead it was last years starting RB at Utah St, Davon Booth who was visiting and is a KSU target. .

He was their leading rusher with 120 carries for 805 yards at 6.7 ypc. He scored 6 TDs. So very bad listening comprehension on my part, but this target sounds to be even better and now maybe it’s all about who might commit first Edwards or Booth.
These users thanked the author bhoovy for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanrandallcat85

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » April 25th, 2024, 12:18 pm

If Edwards is chasing NIL, he'll likely end up at A&M. If he's chasing a non toxic atmosphere, surrounded by high quality people, with a sold out stadium and a high chance at a conference title, he will come to Manhattan.
These users thanked the author wild@nite for the post (total 3):
stlcatfanrandallcat85Tbonespop

Kralicek

Post by Kralicek » April 25th, 2024, 6:40 pm

wild@nite wrote:
April 25th, 2024, 12:18 pm
If Edwards is chasing NIL, he'll likely end up at A&M. If he's chasing a non toxic atmosphere, surrounded by high quality people, with a sold out stadium and a high chance at a conference title, he will come to Manhattan.
If this was an accurate picture of his choices my opinion is, he will not be going to KSU.
These users thanked the author Kralicek for the post:
stlcatfan

powercat5000

Post by powercat5000 » April 25th, 2024, 8:09 pm

I have no inside info on Edward’s, but judging off of how he handled the recruiting process the first time- I wouldn’t get your hopes up of him relocating to Manhattan.
These users thanked the author powercat5000 for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanrandallcat85
Our Freedom Does Not End where Fear Begins