Dylan Edward's Commits to Cats

The defending Big XII Champions
Kstate00
Has thanked: 0

Re: Dylan Edward's Commits to Cats

Post by Kstate00 » April 29th, 2024, 9:19 am

Bryce's problem was he had trouble holding onto the ball. If he didn't have fumble issues he would have made a pretty good NFL player. Once those NFL coaches lose confidence in you they won't give you another chance.
These users thanked the author Kstate00 for the post:
randallcat85

WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Post by WildcatEngineer » April 29th, 2024, 9:21 am

For those concerned about DJ, I offer a hope that Dylan's addition allows him to showcase his versatility in receiving as a slot or TE or even WR.

I think he will get an NFL W2 as a hybrid TE. He does not have the speed to be an NFL RB. You do not find that size with those hands and quick feet very often.
These users thanked the author WildcatEngineer for the post:
randallcat85

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 30th, 2024, 11:43 am

WildcatEngineer wrote:
April 29th, 2024, 9:21 am
For those concerned about DJ, I offer a hope that Dylan's addition allows him to showcase his versatility in receiving as a slot or TE or even WR.

I think he will get an NFL W2 as a hybrid TE. He does not have the speed to be an NFL RB. You do not find that size with those hands and quick feet very often.
more likely that dylan is in the slot than d.j., who really benefits from edwards coming in. this saves giddons 10-15 carries per game for the nfl. running backs who get heavy carries in college are discounted by the league due to wear and tear. both backs benefit here. dylan gets a developmental program. d.j. gets some help. but it surely won't be at tight end. he's one of the best running backs in the conference.
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanrandallcat85
"What is your fair share of what someone else has worked for?" Sowell

privyet

Post by privyet » April 30th, 2024, 3:24 pm

The cats should be very good on offense in the fall. I am very excited with him and TJ. We need to iron out a few other issues on offense and defense, but a BIG12 title and
CFB playoff berth is certainly doable. Go aggies.
These users thanked the author privyet for the post:
randallcat85

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » April 30th, 2024, 6:32 pm

tmcats wrote:
April 30th, 2024, 11:43 am
WildcatEngineer wrote:
April 29th, 2024, 9:21 am

more likely that dylan is in the slot than d.j., who really benefits from edwards coming in. this saves giddons 10-15 carries per game for the nfl. running backs who get heavy carries in college are discounted by the league due to wear and tear. both backs benefit here. dylan gets a developmental program. d.j. gets some help. but it surely won't be at tight end. he's one of the best running backs in the conference.
It's possible that plans have changed a bit since DE's arrival, but the coaches have said DJ will be used more in the slot this year. I think it's a great idea to do on occasion, but I wouldn't get DJ out of the backfield too often. He's too good.
These users thanked the author wild@nite for the post (total 3):
randallcat85powercat5000stlcatfan