Farmageddon 2025 in Ireland?

The defending Big XII Champions
KSUbetcha

Re: Farmageddon 2025 in Ireland?

Post by KSUbetcha » April 24th, 2024, 11:42 pm

tmcats wrote:
April 24th, 2024, 7:10 pm
Wow, that's quite the trip. I've never been to Ireland other than traveling through the Shamrock airport
But I might just have to get over to wee Ol' Ireland in 2025. :D

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » April 25th, 2024, 12:08 am

catalyst wrote:
April 24th, 2024, 5:31 pm
What the heck???
The Avery johnson effect

Orion12521

Post by Orion12521 » April 25th, 2024, 8:14 am

BigCat6907 wrote:
April 24th, 2024, 9:00 pm
What is the advantage of KSU doing this game in Ireland? Other than the obvious recruiting advantage that it gives us for the Irish talent!
I have not seen the numbers, but I did see a reference yesterday to a substantial increase in revenue for the Kansas State to move this game to Ireland. Aer Lingus and Ireland spend quite a bit of money on this to promote tourism in Ireland. Also, the publicity is substantial because it will be the feature game for all of college football that week.
These users thanked the author Orion12521 for the post:
stlcatfan

Catalum

Post by Catalum » April 25th, 2024, 9:55 am

Orion12521 wrote:
April 25th, 2024, 8:14 am
BigCat6907 wrote:
April 24th, 2024, 9:00 pm
What is the advantage of KSU doing this game in Ireland? Other than the obvious recruiting advantage that it gives us for the Irish talent!
I have not seen the numbers, but I did see a reference yesterday to a substantial increase in revenue for the Kansas State to move this game to Ireland. Aer Lingus and Ireland spend quite a bit of money on this to promote tourism in Ireland. Also, the publicity is substantial because it will be the feature game for all of college football that week.
Heard this morning that it's approx $1.5 million in additional revenue on top of a normal home game. As a season ticket holder, I hate to see a home game given up, but in today's college football landscape the Big XII has to do unconventional things to garner some "TV sets" to compete with the SEC and BIG. Same reason we're seeing some Friday night games. Money really does ruin things :roll:
These users thanked the author Catalum for the post (total 2):
Orion12521stlcatfan

Because my safety, my freedom, and my rights are non-negotiable.

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » April 25th, 2024, 10:25 am

Note to athletic department.... Make sure you keep begging for NIL money from those local business you're stiffing with this deal. Sure, we get an extra $1.5 million for the athletic department, but does that outweigh the losses for your local businesses and potential for pissing off NIL donors? Maybe so. Gene knows better than me, but as for me, if I was a local business owner, he'd already have my thoughts and be told, "Don't ever hit me up for NIL again." Just my view, right, wrong, or indifferent. What a mess this has become. GREED kills...
These users thanked the author wild@nite for the post:
stlcatfan

WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Post by WildcatEngineer » April 25th, 2024, 4:06 pm

wild@nite wrote:
April 25th, 2024, 10:25 am
Note to athletic department.... Make sure you keep begging for NIL money from those local business you're stiffing with this deal. Sure, we get an extra $1.5 million for the athletic department, but does that outweigh the losses for your local businesses and potential for pissing off NIL donors? Maybe so. Gene knows better than me, but as for me, if I was a local business owner, he'd already have my thoughts and be told, "Don't ever hit me up for NIL again." Just my view, right, wrong, or indifferent. What a mess this has become. GREED kills...
WN, I could not disagree more. Riley County has more tax dollars spent per capita than any other county in Kansas. Riley county citizens and businesses get the economic benefits from building NBAF, BSFS, the Alumni Center, etc. Keeping KSU and KSU Athletics prosperous helps Riley County citizens and businesses economically. Investing in NIL by local businesses is GOOD INVESTMENT for them.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 25th, 2024, 4:43 pm

these are complex choices. bill snyder was loath to take a home game out of manhattan, although remember that one v. nebraska in japan?

the conference, however, sees this as a way of broadening the footprint, a national audience, like uofa @ k-state on friday night this fall. it means an immeasurable amount to the brands. it also brings a million or two more to k-state's balance sheet, plus a great trip for the athletes and fans who can afford it. and state won't be the first. notre dame, navy, nebraska, northwestern all come to mind.

so i'm good with it, although i won't be going. had enough of europe during my working career. although golfing over there would be a hoot, wouldn't it.

Why is there something rather than nothing?

KSUbetcha

Post by KSUbetcha » April 25th, 2024, 5:09 pm

Wonder if the team will all be seated on the same side of the plane to minimize the sun's effects, ala Coach Snyder..? just kidding...
These users thanked the author KSUbetcha for the post (total 2):
stlcatfancatalyst

The Tulsa Cat

Post by The Tulsa Cat » April 25th, 2024, 8:39 pm

I understand the benefit to the BIGXII. But it sucks for season ticket holders and local business.

I wonder how much longer we be the big twelve? Name seems stupid now we have …. Ugh how many teams? 14 ? 16? Crap I can’t remember without counting.

KSU, osu, Isu, asu, ku, cu, az, tt, ucf, cincy, wv, hous, byu, Utah, TCU, Baylor.

What is the short hand for Utah UU? Cincy. UC? Baylor BU? Houston UH? This is hurting my brain.
Still the original Tulsacat. Just newer. :powercat:

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » April 25th, 2024, 8:55 pm

The Tulsa Cat wrote:
April 25th, 2024, 8:39 pm
I understand the benefit to the BIGXII. But it sucks for season ticket holders and local business.

I wonder how much longer we be the big twelve? Name seems stupid now we have …. Ugh how many teams? 14 ? 16? Crap I can’t remember without counting.

KSU, osu, Isu, asu, ku, cu, az, tt, ucf, cincy, wv, hous, byu, Utah, TCU, Baylor.

What is the short hand for Utah UU? Cincy. UC? Baylor BU? Houston UH? This is hurting my brain.
We will be at 16 schools starting July 1. I think the conference still owns the naming rights to the Big 16. But with the rapid pace of conference switching, it's probably best for branding purposes to stay the Big 12 for the time being.
"The whole future lies in uncertainty: live immediately.” -- Seneca