KSU players (pretend wager)....

The defending Big XII Champions
sf2145

Re: KSU players (pretend wager)....

Post by sf2145 » April 1st, 2024, 1:55 pm

Way too early for these dreams... relax and wait till the season starts and see how game one goes...

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » April 1st, 2024, 2:48 pm

sf2145 wrote:
April 1st, 2024, 1:55 pm
Way too early for these dreams... relax and wait till the season starts and see how game one goes...
Ah, yes.... Temper any off season enthusiasm for the program. :banghead: :roll:
Last edited by wild@nite on April 2nd, 2024, 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

KSUbetcha

Post by KSUbetcha » April 2nd, 2024, 9:51 am

Every Wildcat fan should have a good feeling about going into next season, led by Avery Johnson. There's a reason almost every other KSU QB (including Howard) decided to transfer to another school.

ToledoCat#3
Has thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#3 » April 2nd, 2024, 11:13 am

Best take the middle road and hope and plan for the best.

Is it better publicity for KSU to pump sunshine and not meet expectations, or surprise everyone by exceeding expectations?

I stick to the middle road. Hope and plan for the best and be prepared to accept whatever happens with little more than a shrug.

As for promoting KSU and Manhappiness as a premier destination for sports and general living -- a better job could be done, for sure. Few places have more good things to offer than KSU and Manhattan,

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 2nd, 2024, 11:19 am

"What is your fair share of what someone else has worked for?" Sowell

sf2145

Post by sf2145 » April 2nd, 2024, 12:16 pm

Hey I love a new day but still wait for the sun to rise...unless I am going fishing...hope springs eternal in the heart of Charlie Brown...me, I have the Popeye syndrome...I yam what I yam...

sf2145

Post by sf2145 » April 2nd, 2024, 12:16 pm

Hey I love a new day but still wait for the sun to rise...unless I am going fishing...hope springs eternal in the heart of Charlie Brown...me, I have the Popeye syndrome...I yam what I yam...

MileHighWillie

Post by MileHighWillie » April 2nd, 2024, 1:34 pm

ToledoCat#3 wrote:
April 2nd, 2024, 11:13 am
Best take the middle road and hope and plan for the best.

Is it better publicity for KSU to pump sunshine and not meet expectations, or surprise everyone by exceeding expectations?

I stick to the middle road. Hope and plan for the best and be prepared to accept whatever happens with little more than a shrug.

As for promoting KSU and Manhappiness as a premier destination for sports and general living -- a better job could be done, for sure. Few places have more good things to offer than KSU and Manhattan,
I guess I don't understand what you're saying and what it means to the OP about a pretend bet.
Sticking to the middle of the road and planning for the best aren't even close. How do you do both?
And then just accept with a shrug with whatever happens? I'm lost.

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » April 2nd, 2024, 1:36 pm

wild@nite wrote:
April 1st, 2024, 11:48 am
Wyldkatz wrote:
April 1st, 2024, 9:25 am
Avery will get 24 TDs, but not 24 through the air. Over half of his TDs will be with his legs.
Oh, no doubt he'll get 15-20 TD's on the ground, but I have a hunch our passing game is going to be more than what we are used to as KState fans.
Agreed. He has a QB coach who is known for developing QB’s passing game and he will have the most talent and skill at WR than they’ve had in some time. Since Tyler Lockett anyway.

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » April 2nd, 2024, 1:37 pm

I hear ya, but just seems our fanbase is really quick to jump on others for not believing in our program, but we, ourselves are our biggest enemies. Seems as if we're afraid of being a "dawg". We wanna be the cute little puppy and sneak up on people, then whine when others don't respect us. I'm sooooo tired of this mentality. Right now, KU believes and is coming for us and we have quite possibly our best ever QB recruit ever getting ready to begin his first full season as our starter, plus so many other reasons to be excited about our squad, yet we spend most of our time talking about a former QB who plays for another program. I started a thread to try to ignite some discussion about our current players and team, which is picked to win the conference and be in the college football playoff, and it's met with "Whoaaa Nellie".... Sorry, but I'm objective, and objectively speaking, it's just weird AF. Remove the purple glasses and perhaps you'd see it. Maybe not, but I've witnessed it for years and years and it's not just the fans. Our athletic department and University admin undersell our products as well. They have for years. I've written multiple letters about our lack of marketing in certain areas over the years, so this perspective isn't something new, it's an old itch that I like to scratch every now and then, and it's been agitated.

I apologize for the rant, but I was born into purple, raised purple, and will die purple. I believe Manhattan, KS is a top 10 college town and I believe we undersell that because we're in Lil' ol' Kansas and don't think much of ourselves. We like to talk about how great we are when someone else doesn't believe in us and that's about the only time. Just pay attention. Once you see it, you can't unsee it. Snyder saw it. Tang sees it. I think Klieman sees it. What do they have in common? Outsiders who viewed us without purple glasses and we're envious. Time to start elevating our self worth. This football team is a great place to start. Ok. I'm done now. Again, I apologize, as this was not intended to offend anyone.
These users thanked the author wild@nite for the post (total 2):
bhoovystlcatfan