Jake Clifton

The defending Big XII Champions
Gorhoops

Jake Clifton

Post by Gorhoops » March 25th, 2024, 9:09 am

Hey quick question for anyone who knows. I know that Jake is recovering from his knee injury late in the year, but I have also heard a couple of times that he is still deciding on whether he will take a mission trip next year and put football on hold, does anyone know anything more about Jake taking a mission trip??

Although I definitely won't begrudge him for doing it, I sure would hate to lose him for next year, he is probably my favorite linebacker, I love watching him play. But he never redshirted, so he could take a redshirt, let his knee heal completely, take a mission trip and return after they hopefully.
These users thanked the author Gorhoops for the post (total 4):
stlcatfanrandallcat85katlanderprivyet

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » March 25th, 2024, 1:29 pm

This may make sense with Austin Moore returning. However, we needed everyone last year. I certainly don't blame him for wanting to do some things like that while young. I think some young people do it after graduating. But taking a year off to heal and mature may be a plus for his college football performance. Just please come back. One my favorite players as well.
These users thanked the author katlander for the post:
stlcatfan

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » March 25th, 2024, 2:59 pm

I don't have the answer, but I am of the opinion that as long as he can get back to 100% full health right now, its better to play early than take a year off for mission after playing career is over. Taking a year off not playing would likely be detrimental to his physical skills and development unless he's following a very strict plan. Some people can do that and be fine (I realize there are other mormons for BYU that do it successfully - but I have to believe there are many that try it and it doesn't pan out), but realize he's not going on vacation for a year. He's going to have other distractions thus the purpose of the mission. Taking a year off is a crap shoot. I would only do it if he can't get back to 100% right now and needs a year to get back to 100%. If the latter is the situation, now is the best time to do the mission.
These users thanked the author Tbonespop for the post:
stlcatfan
EMAW

114Hickory

Post by 114Hickory » March 25th, 2024, 5:13 pm

I have heard, from someone associated with the team, that he is seriously considering the missions trip. I've also heard it might be a two year commitment. The staff is concerned about his effectiveness when he returns and there are several coaches, chaplains, etc. who have been asked to talk him through his decision. A year (or two) without S&C would likely change the dynamics entirely.
These users thanked the author 114Hickory for the post:
randallcat85

WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Post by WildcatEngineer » March 25th, 2024, 5:40 pm

114Hickory wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 5:13 pm
I have heard, from someone associated with the team, that he is seriously considering the missions trip. I've also heard it might be a two year commitment. The staff is concerned about his effectiveness when he returns and there are several coaches, chaplains, etc. who have been asked to talk him through his decision. A year (or two) without S&C would likely change the dynamics entirely.
Put a call into BYU. They do it all the time.

Bless him for doing it. If he has passport issues, he could do a stint in Wyandotte County.

Kralicek

Post by Kralicek » March 25th, 2024, 7:45 pm

WildcatEngineer wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 5:40 pm
114Hickory wrote:

Bless him for doing it. If he has passport issues, he could do a stint in Wyandotte County.
Chicago!
These users thanked the author Kralicek for the post:
randallcat85

KSUbetcha

Post by KSUbetcha » March 26th, 2024, 5:41 am

Kralicek wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 7:45 pm
WildcatEngineer wrote:

Chicago!
Detroit City..!
These users thanked the author KSUbetcha for the post:
randallcat85

flatlander

Post by flatlander » March 26th, 2024, 2:20 pm

WildcatEngineer wrote:
114Hickory wrote:

LOL
:popcorn:

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » April 17th, 2024, 5:13 pm

Has Jake made his decision?

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 18th, 2024, 11:25 am

jake is on today's roster so assume that means he's good for fall.
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post (total 2):
randallcat85KSUbetcha
Why is there something rather than nothing?