beebe, duke, kt, sinnott get nfl combine invites ...

The defending Big XII Champions
Tbonespop

Re: beebe, duke, kt, sinnott get nfl combine invites ...

Post by Tbonespop » February 28th, 2024, 9:21 pm

tmcats wrote:
February 28th, 2024, 4:48 pm
Conversation
TankForMarv 🖤 🤍 💔
@Bobables
Byron Murphy II’s answer on who the best OL he faced in college was:

Cooper Beebe 👀
3:22 PM · Feb 28, 2024
·
Views

Hoping younger brother beebe is of the same mold, talent, attitude, and work ethic as his older bro.
These users thanked the author Tbonespop for the post:
stlcatfan
EMAW

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » February 29th, 2024, 9:53 am

My predicts:

Beebe: late first round: One of the very best in this year's lineman class.
Duke: 4th round: Seemed less dynamic after his injury. However, edge is a highly sought after position.
KT: 4th round: Good player but can he be an early starter?
Sinnot: 3rd round: Great college tight end but is he elite?

The combine will be very important for all but Beebe. He has little left to prove.

wazucat

Post by wazucat » February 29th, 2024, 10:42 am

I would be shocked if Beebe is taken in the first round - the NFL just does not value interior OL that much.

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » February 29th, 2024, 1:39 pm

wazucat wrote:
February 29th, 2024, 10:42 am
I would be shocked if Beebe is taken in the first round - the NFL just does not value interior OL that much.
True, what was I thinking? First round is franchise QBs, LTs to proect their bilnd side, edge rushers to sack the other franchise QB, and big time receivers. Possibly a few elite players at other positions. Supply & demand. Kinda like surge pricing.

Do you think Coop could go in the second round?

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » February 29th, 2024, 3:26 pm

history suggests perceptions are not always reality. five of first thirty-one picks were o'linemen last year.

https://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/rounds/round_1
"What is your fair share of what someone else has worked for?" Sowell

wazucat

Post by wazucat » February 29th, 2024, 5:35 pm

katlander wrote:
February 29th, 2024, 1:39 pm
wazucat wrote:
True, what was I thinking? First round is franchise QBs, LTs to proect their bilnd side, edge rushers to sack the other franchise QB, and big time receivers. Possibly a few elite players at other positions. Supply & demand. Kinda like surge pricing.

Of course he could be taken in the first round , I just don't think he will be. If I had to bet I'd say 2nd round - but I don't - this is just a message board where we all get to voice our opinions.

KSUbetcha

Post by KSUbetcha » February 29th, 2024, 8:55 pm

wazucat wrote:
Even if Beebee's taken in the 2nd round, he'll get the typical Rookie deal, slotted for his pick number & some sort of a signing bonus probably too.

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » February 29th, 2024, 11:47 pm

wazucat wrote:
February 29th, 2024, 5:35 pm
katlander wrote:
February 29th, 2024, 1:39 pm

Of course he could be taken in the first round , I just don't think he will be. If I had to bet I'd say 2nd round - but I don't - this is just a message board where we all get to voice our opinions.
It doesn't matter what round he gets picked. The guy is going to make a pile of money playing in the NFL for a LONG time. He's going to be a steal wherever he goes. I'm always amazed at how much these scouts and coaches make, and they miss on so many players its laughable.
These users thanked the author Tbonespop for the post:
stlcatfan
EMAW

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 1st, 2024, 11:27 am

Tbonespop wrote:
February 29th, 2024, 11:47 pm
wazucat wrote:
February 29th, 2024, 5:35 pm

It doesn't matter what round he gets picked. The guy is going to make a pile of money playing in the NFL for a LONG time. He's going to be a steal wherever he goes. I'm always amazed at how much these scouts and coaches make, and they miss on so many players its laughable.
a former somebody said yesterday that selecting linemen who will succeed is a tough chore. talent is easy to see at the skill positions and on defense, but o'linemen are hard to differentiate - the winners from the mehs. thus, we get a 5* kansan sorta-fail-at-nebraska, turner corcoran, juxtaposed with 2/3* consensus all-american at k-state in cooper beebe, and then wonder how that happens?

i'm going to track nebraska's 5* grant brix v. k-state's incomers, particularly 4* walk-on navarro schunke, who i find really fascinating. first off, someone with that name just has to be "a find." but how does a 4* dude with tons of offers decide to walk on here? does his 5x state championship wrestling pedigree transfer to college football? and will he develop into something special as has been the case for other wrestlers like will geary?

https://n.rivals.com/content/athletes/n ... 51?view=pv

These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
Tbonespop
"What is your fair share of what someone else has worked for?" Sowell

Gorhoops

Post by Gorhoops » March 1st, 2024, 11:34 am

tmcats wrote:
March 1st, 2024, 11:27 am
Tbonespop wrote:
February 29th, 2024, 11:47 pm

a former somebody said yesterday that selecting linemen who will succeed is a tough chore. talent is easy to see at the skill positions and on defense, but o'linemen are hard to differentiate - the winners from the mehs. thus, we get a 5* kansan sorta-fail-at-nebraska, turner corcoran, juxtaposed with 2/3* consensus all-american at k-state in cooper beebe, and then wonder how that happens?

i'm going to track nebraska's 5* grant brix v. k-state's incomers, particularly 4* walk-on navarro schunke, who i find really fascinating. first off, someone with that name just has to be "a find." but how does a 4* dude with tons of offers decide to walk on here? does his 5x state championship wrestling pedigree transfer to college football? and will he develop into something special as has been the case for other wrestlers like will geary?

https://n.rivals.com/content/athletes/n ... 51?view=pv

If I understand correctly Schunke is full Native American and as a result gets his college paid for by the government and therefore no need for a football scholarship. We are pretty lucky to get a kid of that caliber to come to our place and not have to count toward our scholarship numbers. His offer list was legit.
These users thanked the author Gorhoops for the post:
Tbonespop