beebe, duke, kt, sinnott get nfl combine invites ...

The defending Big XII Champions
Gorhoops

Re: beebe, duke, kt, sinnott get nfl combine invites ...

Post by Gorhoops » March 5th, 2024, 10:45 am

tmcats wrote:
March 1st, 2024, 11:43 am
my understanding is that native american scholarship is only for one year and doesn't cover much. i wish one of our media midgets would get to the bottom of it because his recruitment here is fascinating on so many levels.

From what I have read I feel like it is up to the school as to what/how much scholarship they give to Native American students?? It may simply be a situation where KSU is willing to give Schunke a full scholarship through his heritage. Maybe something in the Land Grant realm is available for Native Americans?

No idea, just glad he will be a Wildcat.
These users thanked the author Gorhoops for the post (total 2):
tmcatsstlcatfan

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 5th, 2024, 11:17 am

katlander wrote:
March 5th, 2024, 10:21 am
Cooper Beebe reportedly has 31.5 inch arms. That is considered very short for an NFL tackle. Is this a load of bull? What is the big deal with arm length? I would think a lot of other factors are much more important. Foot speed, balance, IQ etc. I have to believe that Cooper could help several NFL teams at tackle, and very possibly left tackle.
i heard that this morning on b12 radio from some nfl draft expert who said beebe won't go until the 30-40th range due to his being an interior lineman with short arms - shortest at the combine. he said there were a half-dozen tackles that would be selected before any interior lineman. i just rolled my eyes.
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
Tbonespop
Why is there something rather than nothing?

NatCat2
Has thanked: 0

Post by NatCat2 » March 5th, 2024, 1:05 pm

Be prepared to be disappointed. I saw a 7 round mock draft and Coop was a 4th round pick. That seems outrageous to me and probably any of us that have watched him play. But arm length is a huge thing in the NFL. Longer arms offer a big advantage for both sides of the line. Think of a boxer with a reach advantage able to jab without being hit back.
Coop is not a tackle, he’s a guard and guards are probably the least valued position in the NFL. But I still say he’s going in the second round.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 5th, 2024, 1:08 pm

NatCat2 wrote:
March 5th, 2024, 1:05 pm
Be prepared to be disappointed. I saw a 7 round mock draft and Coop was a 4th round pick. That seems outrageous to me and probably any of us that have watched him play. But arm length is a huge thing in the NFL. Longer arms offer a big advantage for both sides of the line. Think of a boxer with a reach advantage able to jab without being hit back.
Coop is not a tackle, he’s a guard and guards are probably the least valued position in the NFL. But I still say he’s going in the second round.
i want cooper to be picked high because he's been a fabulous/ring of honor cat. but beyond that, i really don't give a damn what the nfl does or how they evaluate talent. as a marketing guy, i do appreciate how they keep fans' focus on the league almost year-round. people actually watch heavies running forty yards, and care. lol.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 5th, 2024, 1:56 pm

NFL sees best average viewership since 2015

taylor swift effect? ;-)

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/A ... viewership

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 5th, 2024, 2:10 pm

These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
KSUbetcha

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » March 5th, 2024, 4:00 pm

This is me shaking my head at NFL experts grading Coop based on his arm length. Just Look at what the guy did in college against some of the best talent in the country, year over year. Its not like he was playing against a bunch of D3 T-Rex midgets. If I were a betting person, I would bet on him going late 2nd, early 3rd round. He's going to be a fantastic NFL player regardless and he will have a long career making a pile of money.

Coop is the kind of guy a team builds the entire OL around. He sets the tone on the OL. He's a leader.

These friggin 'draft experts" and NFL talent scouts couldn't find their ass with 2 hands and a flash light.
These users thanked the author Tbonespop for the post (total 2):
stlcatfankswildcat
EMAW

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » March 7th, 2024, 2:21 pm

Based on what I am reading here the arm length criteria is about when the arms are extended. Kind of like when your uncle used to put his hand on your forehead while you flailed wildly. This helps me to understand, but I still think Beebs could and very possibly will play tackle. Probably shows how much I know.

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » March 7th, 2024, 8:59 pm

Texas had a very good DLine this year with 2 elite college DT talents that will likely go in the first 2 rounds of the NFL draft. Scouts should go watch film of Beebe playing against them. Then they should go watch film of Beebe playing against Bama in the bowl game the previous year. That's it, end of discussion. That's what their NFL team is buying. Not rocket science. It's literally a no brainer. Moves great, super strong, excellent technique, very good size, fantastic attitude and person, shows up and puts in the work and makes everybody around him better. Any NFL team looking to build a solid OL should snap him up in a heartbeat. No brainer.
These users thanked the author Tbonespop for the post:
tmcats
EMAW

wazucat

Post by wazucat » March 7th, 2024, 9:20 pm

Tbonespop wrote:
March 7th, 2024, 8:59 pm
Texas had a very good DLine this year with 2 elite college DT talents that will likely go in the first 2 rounds of the NFL draft. Scouts should go watch film of Beebe playing against them. Then they should go watch film of Beebe playing against Bama in the bowl game the previous year. That's it, end of discussion. That's what their NFL team is buying. Not rocket science. It's literally a no brainer. Moves great, super strong, excellent technique, very good size, fantastic attitude and person, shows up and puts in the work and makes everybody around him better. Any NFL team looking to build a solid OL should snap him up in a heartbeat. No brainer.
Bones I have not read any posts on here that demean Cooper in our eyes , we believe he is a great football player . Non the less the people that make the draft choices and write the checks have doubts and reservations . The main factor in his draft number is that he plays a position not as highly valued as some others. In some ways it is just supply and demand, there are a lot more top level inside OL out there available than say edge rusher for instance.