wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Re: 2024 expectations ...

Post by wild@nite » April 9th, 2024, 9:21 am

epicsnyder wrote:
April 8th, 2024, 7:08 pm
Gorhoops wrote:
March 1st, 2024, 8:48 am
Was interesting reading on Twitter yesterday that the Heisman thing was what was used by the supposed "big boys" when they were trying to recruit Avery. Basically trying to tell him that he can't win the Heisman "at a place like Kansas State."

Such B.S. Sure glad Avery decided to prove them wrong.
They aren't wrong. He's got no shot at a Heisman here. The press won't let it happen. Doesn't matter how well he plays. That's a fact.
BS... Bishop and Klein both would have won it had we have stayed undefeated and won natty's. That's on us, not the press. That's just more of the dreaded K-State fan whining. Sure, the press favors the "big dogs", but we've had a couple of chances to be one of those "big dogs", and we've pissed it away both times. Beating A&M would have changed the course of history, imo. I fully believe we win the natty that year, if we get past A&M. An undefeated Bishop, who punked Texas and Ricky Williams, wins the Heisman too. Honestly, we probably had the same opportunity in 2012 because if Klein was healthy and we could have avoided the upset by Baylor, we would have played an underwhelming N.D. team. Not a slam dunk win, but certainly beatable. Regardless, blaming the press for our failures is laughable.
These users thanked the author wild@nite for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanTbonespop

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » April 9th, 2024, 7:30 pm

Lamar Jackson won Louisville’s first Heisman by producing one of the most statistically impressive seasons in Heisman history. He is the youngest player to win the Heisman, at just 19 years, 337 days — five days younger than the previous youngest winner, Jameis Winston.

The 6-3, 218-pounder accumulated 4,928 yards of total offense, second in Heisman history behind Ty Detmer’s 5,022 in 1990. His 51 touchdowns running and passing ties him with Tim Tebow for third on the all-time Heisman chart. He’s the first player to win the Heisman with at least 30 touchdown passes and at least 21 rushing touchdowns. His 1,538 rushing yards are the most-ever by a Heisman-winning quarterback.

The fourth sophomore to win the award, Jackson is also the eighth player from a team currently in the Atlantic Coast Conference to win. He led the Cardinals to a 9-3 record, a No. 15 national ranking and a berth in the Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl.

Born on Jan. 7, 1997, in Pompano Beach, Fla., Jackson starred as a dual-threat quarterback for Boynton Beach (Fla.) High in South Florida. As a 2014 senior, he was named to the 6A all-state first team as a utility player after throwing for 1,293 passing yards and 20 touchdowns with 1,039 rushing yards and 19 touchdowns. He committed to Louisville over Florida and Nebraska, among others.

Jackson earned the starting quarterback job for Louisville as a 2015 true freshman and performed admirably, passing for 1,840 yards and 12 touchdowns and rushing for 960 yards and 11 scores. He flashed signs of what was to come in a 27-21 victory over Texas A&M in the Music City Bowl, passing for 227 yards, rushing for 226 and totaling four touchdowns.

He exploded out of the gate as a 2016 sophomore, piling up yards and touchdowns at an unprecedented rate. Among the highlights: Eight touchdowns in the first half against Charlotte, 610 yards of total offense (411 passing, 199 rushing) against Syracuse and 5 total touchdowns in a 63-20 thrashing of Florida State.

By season’s end, Jackson’s yardage and touchdown totals were among the best in college football history. Accordingly, he won the Heisman comfortably, winning all six voting regions to beat out fellow ACC rival Deshaun Watson of Clemson, 2,144 points to 1,524.
These users thanked the author katlander for the post:
stlcatfan

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » April 10th, 2024, 7:20 pm

Listening to Coach Wells' press conference... He is pretty high on Joe Jackson at RB. Joe was the only other one (beside DJ) mentioned by name as I remembered. I know there has been some concern about who will back up DJ next season.
These users thanked the author stlcatfan for the post:
Tbonespop
"The whole future lies in uncertainty: live immediately.” -- Seneca

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » April 10th, 2024, 8:53 pm

stlcatfan wrote:
April 10th, 2024, 7:20 pm
Listening to Coach Wells' press conference... He is pretty high on Joe Jackson at RB. Joe was the only other one (beside DJ) mentioned by name as I remembered. I know there has been some concern about who will back up DJ next season.
Our RB recruiting is perplexing. We have a few studs and what I perceive as a bunch of duds (good kids, but not P5 RBs). Then we sign guys like Deuce and DJ, who are NFL studs. How can the RB evaluations be that far off between the studs and duds? The Rice kid may still be too young to say he is a stud or dud. Just perplexing...
EMAW

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » April 10th, 2024, 11:35 pm

Tbonespop wrote:
April 10th, 2024, 8:53 pm
stlcatfan wrote:
April 10th, 2024, 7:20 pm
Our RB recruiting is perplexing. We have a few studs and what I perceive as a bunch of duds (good kids, but not P5 RBs). Then we sign guys like Deuce and DJ, who are NFL studs. How can the RB evaluations be that far off between the studs and duds? The Rice kid may still be too young to say he is a stud or dud. Just perplexing...
Lack of experience behind DJ at RB is my biggest concern. Jackson and White each had a few carries last season, but mostly in mop-up duty. I hope guys like Rice and Price develop well. Overall, the running back room is pretty young and inexperienced.
"The whole future lies in uncertainty: live immediately.” -- Seneca

epicsnyder

Post by epicsnyder » April 11th, 2024, 3:49 am

wild@nite wrote:
April 9th, 2024, 9:21 am
epicsnyder wrote:
April 8th, 2024, 7:08 pm

They aren't wrong. He's got no shot at a Heisman here. The press won't let it happen. Doesn't matter how well he plays. That's a fact.
BS... Bishop and Klein both would have won it had we have stayed undefeated and won natty's. That's on us, not the press. That's just more of the dreaded K-State fan whining. Sure, the press favors the "big dogs", but we've had a couple of chances to be one of those "big dogs", and we've pissed it away both times. Beating A&M would have changed the course of history, imo. I fully believe we win the natty that year, if we get past A&M. An undefeated Bishop, who punked Texas and Ricky Williams, wins the Heisman too. Honestly, we probably had the same opportunity in 2012 because if Klein was healthy and we could have avoided the upset by Baylor, we would have played an underwhelming N.D. team. Not a slam dunk win, but certainly beatable. Regardless, blaming the press for our failures is laughable.
You are correct. We have ZERO Heisman winners. So, thanks for the history lesson Captain obvious. I, NOT ONCE in my post, blamed the press for our shitting down our legs. Not once. YOU did that. Not me dude. My point (now that you went in the ditch with your lengthy diatribe about nothing that has to do with THIS season) was that with Texass and OU both gone now, this conference does not, and will not, have the respect it once had whether you like it or not. And yes, the PRESS (aka E$ecPN) will push that FACT all season long. So they will drive home that FACT and go on and on about the weak conference foes. If you don't understand that, YOU are the "laughable" factor in this topic. WTF does anything done before this season.......have to do with? Things have changed more than a little bit. Are you that clueless?!?
In a perfect world, everyone would choose hard work, morals and ethics over obscene money and fame. And everyone outside of Lowrents would be required to be a red blooded, card carrying Payhawk hater.

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » April 11th, 2024, 9:53 am

epicsnyder wrote:
April 11th, 2024, 3:49 am
wild@nite wrote:
April 9th, 2024, 9:21 am

You are correct. We have ZERO Heisman winners. So, thanks for the history lesson Captain obvious. I, NOT ONCE in my post, blamed the press for our shitting down our legs. Not once. YOU did that. Not me dude. My point (now that you went in the ditch with your lengthy diatribe about nothing that has to do with THIS season) was that with Texass and OU both gone now, this conference does not, and will not, have the respect it once had whether you like it or not. And yes, the PRESS (aka E$ecPN) will push that FACT all season long. So they will drive home that FACT and go on and on about the weak conference foes. If you don't understand that, YOU are the "laughable" factor in this topic. WTF does anything done before this season.......have to do with? Things have changed more than a little bit. Are you that clueless?!?
"
"I, NOT ONCE in my post, blamed the press for our shitting down our legs. Not once. YOU did that."

I blamed the press? I don't think so. You're so mad you can't talk straight. I know what you mean, but you we're banging away so angrily that you didn't state your point correctly. Deep breath. LOL... I agree, the press will push that narrative, and I made the assumption you we're one of those apologists. My bad. A little worried about your mental state of health and blood pressure though.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 11th, 2024, 11:01 am

i think i heard chiddi say he's now 270. if so, klieman learned his texas lesson that state can't pit ants against elephants.

These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
stlcatfan
Why is there something rather than nothing?

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » April 11th, 2024, 11:34 am

tmcats wrote:
April 11th, 2024, 11:01 am
i think i heard chiddi say he's now 270. if so, klieman learned his texas lesson that state can't pit ants against elephants.

That's certainly good news!

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 14th, 2024, 1:04 pm

D. Scott Fritchen
@DScottFritchen
Had a good time listening to Avery Johnson today. He is at 190 pounds. The plan is to get to 200 by fall. He has the coveted prizefighter patch on his uniform, which signifies that he goes above and beyond. He has big goals for 2024, including a Big 12 Championship.

These users thanked the author tmcats for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanspot2180
Why is there something rather than nothing?