Sean Snyder

The defending Big XII Champions
kswildcat

Re: Sean Snyder

Post by kswildcat » February 2nd, 2024, 2:08 pm

Bill is a legend. What he did for K-State is remarkable. His name is on the stadium and he has a statue. K-State football does not owe his son a job! Bill's mistake was hanging around too long and trying to push Sean into the head coach position. I believe Coach Kleiman will do what is best for K-State football, with or without Sean as an assistant.
These users thanked the author kswildcat for the post (total 3):
kswrangler52stlcatfanrandallcat85

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » February 2nd, 2024, 3:25 pm

katlander wrote:
February 2nd, 2024, 1:53 pm
tmcats wrote:
February 2nd, 2024, 12:38 pm

hey, where did i bring up bad blood?
Here is what you said tmcats:

bill's departure, you may have forgotten, was not nice. he was effectively terminated. he wanted sean as head coach. when gene taylor said nope and hired chris klieman, sean was put in an administrative role, then left k-state for illinois. that door's not reopening.

I only assumed this meant there was bad blood. If not, then why is the door not reopening? (Trying to be concise.) :)
because the snyder era is over and sean is not a good fit today. i have no inside dope. i just believe gene taylor and chris klieman would be hesitant to bring him back after the difficulty of getting closure the first time. that doesn't mean there is bad blood or childishness. it means in this play that scene has closed.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » February 3rd, 2024, 1:12 am

Okay. Thanks.

Upser67456

Post by Upser67456 » February 3rd, 2024, 7:11 am

It amazes me how many people mention a former KSU player/coach when mentioning possible staff hires. I understand that what Bill Synder did for this university and that these former Cats all played a role in that. But, there is no need to bring back everyone that has KSTATE ties. It's ridiculous. It's good to branch out. There are guys more than capable out there (not referring to just Sean). FAMILY trees are supposed to branch out. Family trees the that have no branches are weird and definitely illegal. The is isn't Alabama or Arkansas.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 4th, 2024, 2:20 pm

i'm pleased to see this re-emphasis coming to special teams. it's a phase that's regressed since bill snyder.

Matt Zenitz
@mzenitz
Kansas State is set to hire longtime NFL special teams coach Nate Kaczor as a special teams analyst, sources tell
@247sports

The Kansas native was the Washington #Commanders special teams coordinator the last five years. Was previously the STC for the Buccaneers and Titans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nate_Kaczor

These users thanked the author tmcats for the post (total 4):
spot2180randallcat85stlcatfancatalyst

Snyder

Post by Snyder » March 6th, 2024, 3:48 pm

Upser67456 wrote:
February 3rd, 2024, 7:11 am
It amazes me how many people mention a former KSU player/coach when mentioning possible staff hires. I understand that what Bill Synder did for this university and that these former Cats all played a role in that. But, there is no need to bring back everyone that has KSTATE ties. It's ridiculous. It's good to branch out. There are guys more than capable out there (not referring to just Sean). FAMILY trees are supposed to branch out. Family trees the that have no branches are weird and definitely illegal. The is isn't Alabama or Arkansas.
There are currently zero guys who played at K-State in current coaching positions on this staff. That's the first time since the initial Stan Parrish staff that there hasn't been a former Cat on staff. There are some excellent football coaches who played at Kansas State, so that can be considered.

84cat

Post by 84cat » March 6th, 2024, 5:25 pm

I may be proven wrong but I think this is the best staff we’ve had since the early Snyder years.
These users thanked the author 84cat for the post (total 2):
randallcat85stlcatfan

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 7th, 2024, 12:40 pm

84cat wrote:
March 6th, 2024, 5:25 pm
I may be proven wrong but I think this is the best staff we’ve had since the early Snyder years.
the addition of matt wells was big time to my way of thinking. i hated losing ck to aTm. but wells is a proven coach. he will be an exceptional asset to the passing game and qb room. ck brought the bill snyder/chris klieman pound'em mentality/qb run game. i suspect wells will open up the offense considerably.

i am also pleased to see the special teams analyst on board - for obvious reasons.
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post (total 2):
katlanderstlcatfan

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » March 7th, 2024, 2:05 pm

Hopefully we will see more of this next year.

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=6aae1ad8 ... 9iRQ&ntb=1
These users thanked the author katlander for the post (total 2):
tmcatsstlcatfan

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » March 7th, 2024, 3:33 pm

tmcats wrote:
March 7th, 2024, 12:40 pm
84cat wrote:
March 6th, 2024, 5:25 pm
the addition of matt wells was big time to my way of thinking. i hated losing ck to aTm. but wells is a proven coach. he will be an exceptional asset to the passing game and qb room. ck brought the bill snyder/chris klieman pound'em mentality/qb run game. i suspect wells will open up the offense considerably.

i am also pleased to see the special teams analyst on board - for obvious reasons.
I think Coach Wells will be an asset for Avery's style of play.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln