let's reopen "gods & generals" for the election year, jazz?

The defending Big XII Champions
katlander

Pick 'Em

Re: let's reopen "gods & generals" for the election year, jazz?

Post by katlander » January 12th, 2024, 4:39 pm

bahweepgronnaweep wrote:
January 12th, 2024, 12:04 am
katlander wrote:
January 11th, 2024, 11:05 pm
I still like the idea of opening 2 boards. A conservative and a liberal board where those who belong to one ideology can share their views and rationale, with no views of the other ideology allowed. Then maybe we can learn from one another without digressing to personal attacks.
Consider this one man shaking his fist at the current political climate with tongue firmly planted in cheek: what about the moderates? I guess we can kick rocks like usual.
Maybe we need three boards. It would be nice to be able to share information and comment on the issues of the day, as well as discuss our opinions regarding candidates and pending legislation.

I really wouldn't anticipate an echo chamber effect. I have noticed with politics that no two people agree diametrically. It normally does not take long to find an area where there are significant differences. If there was a liberal board there would be more commonality and, consequently, more tolerance with alternative opinions over time. Same for conservatives. Maybe, just maybe, we would be able to share thoughts and ideas without being attacked. Maybe we could brain storm and actually gain insight and mutually acceptable points of view. Maybe we would actually learn something, or at least think we did. Maybe we would be able to truly modify our views, however slightly.

There would also be some back slapping and self-righteous congratulations, but at least there should be less hostility.