Alarming KSU portal stat...

The defending Big XII Champions
stlcatfan

Re: Alarming KSU portal stat...

Post by stlcatfan » April 28th, 2024, 9:22 am

Highway26north wrote:
April 28th, 2024, 7:28 am
I mostly follow K-State stuff for basketball, but jump in here to say that Klieman is obviously a terrific coach and K-State fans should
be grateful every single day to have hm for as long as he stays. The Big 12 has been gutted by NIL and its below-the-table predecessors,
especially football which requires many more bodies than basketball does. It's like Main Street competing with Wall Street. I guess as
long as the TV $ keeps rolling in all the powers-that-be think things are just dandy, but it's a shame.
I agree. It is sad to see what is currently happening to college football. Using the Wall Street analogy, the Big Ten and SEC leadership, with the help of Fox and ESPN, are trying to corner the market with all the biggest brands. In addition to getting the most TV money, they are also rigging the CFP to get more of their teams in the playoff and get a much bigger share of the payouts, no matter how good or bad of season they have.

Lots of good brands in the Big 12 and ACC could be left behind. My guess is that the top tier schools in the Big Ten and SEC will eventually demand unequal revenue sharing. This does not bode well for the future of FBS college football, but the greed of people like Greg Sankey is never satisfied, unfortunately.
These users thanked the author stlcatfan for the post:
randallcat85
"The whole future lies in uncertainty: live immediately.” -- Seneca

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 28th, 2024, 11:03 am

the cfp setup was a take or leave choice for the other conferences. i'm convinced the sec and b10 told the cfp committee: either accept the 5+7 model or we leave the cfp and hold our own championship. it's obvious why they did this and why it was accepted unanimously.

Using USA TODAY’s early top 25 rankings for the 2024 season, here’s what the 2024 College Football Playoff field would look like under the 5-7 model:

First-round byes
No. 1 Georgia (SEC)
No. 2 Michigan (Big Ten)
No. 3 Clemson (ACC)
No. 4 Arizona (Big 12)

First-round games
No. 12 Memphis at No. 5 Alabama
No. 11 Ohio State at No. 6 Texas
No. 10 Oklahoma at No. 7 Ole Miss
No. 9 Oregon at No. 8 Notre Dame
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post (total 3):
randallcat85Mrhcatsstlcatfan
Why is there something rather than nothing?