wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Re: NIL simple fix....

Post by wild@nite » December 5th, 2023, 9:44 am

bahweepgronnaweep wrote:
December 4th, 2023, 10:41 pm
wild@nite wrote:
December 4th, 2023, 9:42 am

:rofl: Whoa there... Maybe you need a little bit of self reflection. You've been calling all of us "whiners" because of our opinions and when we respond to your name calling, it's our fault? That's rich. We disagree on this subject. We've both taken our shots. Now move along, please.
If anyone offered a new or interesting opinion that would be one thing. But most of the time people are just repeating the exact same complaint in every single thread over and over. I don't know what you call that in your house, but in mine, we call that whining. I suggest growing up as a solution.
And in my house, I'd toss you out. You do you in your house. This ain't it. Many of us agree and want to discuss it. If you don't, don't, but quit being a hypocrite and then acting as if it's the rest of us who are starting some war of words. Grow up? You mean like this?

"You guys are high. If Avery is as good as he looks, a redshirt year is a waste of time."
Telling other posters they are high. Just one of your latest posts that show your hypocrisy. There are more.

Again.... self reflection. Grow up, indeed.
Last edited by wild@nite on December 5th, 2023, 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

bahweepgronnaweep

Post by bahweepgronnaweep » December 5th, 2023, 9:47 am

wild@nite wrote:
December 5th, 2023, 9:44 am
bahweepgronnaweep wrote:
December 4th, 2023, 10:41 pm

If anyone offered a new or interesting opinion that would be one thing. But most of the time people are just repeating the exact same complaint in every single thread over and over. I don't know what you call that in your house, but in mine, we call that whining. I suggest growing up as a solution.
It's because many of us agree and want to discuss it. If you don't, don't, but quit being a hypocrite and then acting as if it's the rest of us who are starting some war of words. Grow up? Again.... self reflection. Good lord.
I don't have time to self reflect at your direction if you can't be bothered to get your facts correct in this thread.

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » December 5th, 2023, 9:55 am

bahweepgronnaweep wrote:
December 5th, 2023, 9:47 am
wild@nite wrote:
December 5th, 2023, 9:44 am

It's because many of us agree and want to discuss it. If you don't, don't, but quit being a hypocrite and then acting as if it's the rest of us who are starting some war of words. Grow up? Again.... self reflection. Good lord.
I don't have time to self reflect at your direction if you can't be bothered to get your facts correct in this thread.
Oh, now you're turning to my facts. What rock did you come out from? It'd be easier just not agreeing and moving on. :roll:

You aren't worth more of my time. Goodbye to you as you offer nothing of value.
Last edited by wild@nite on December 5th, 2023, 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

NealyFan

Post by NealyFan » December 5th, 2023, 10:12 am

I find it ironic that some of the same people who hate courts and government want these institutions to intervene on KSU’s behalf.

There also seems to be a twinge of jealousy at young kids making bank.
“It’s a tremendous challenge. The opportunity exists here today... for the greatest turnaround in college football history. And it’s not one to be taken lightly.” —- Bill Snyder

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » December 5th, 2023, 10:26 am

NealyFan wrote:
December 5th, 2023, 10:12 am
I find it ironic that some of the same people who hate courts and government want these institutions to intervene on KSU’s behalf.

There also seems to be a twinge of jealousy at young kids making bank.
It has zero to do with kids making $ and everything to do with sustainability, but like our country, some don't have foresight. It's all about the $ for the elite and screw the well being of the common folk, all the while pretending to care about them. Sorry, you're cover was blown long ago. The game of college football is about more than just players and coaches. It's also about millions and millions of people who support it, helped build these facilities, and love their alma maters. I'm happy for kids benefitting, but not at the expense of certain institutions and fanbases. We need players. They need fans. There could be a happy medium, but nah.... Some people just don't want stability and a well rounded society. Let the free for all continue. Great plan! Shameful, imo.
These users thanked the author wild@nite for the post (total 2):
Ksuminnesotacatksume2000

PurpleOnWhite

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleOnWhite » December 5th, 2023, 12:46 pm

The truth is beginning to percolate. The ncaa now admits where this is heading.

https://apnews.com/article/c26542c528df ... 167026dbe6
These users thanked the author PurpleOnWhite for the post:
stlcatfan

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » December 5th, 2023, 1:12 pm

so, given this new chapter does the ncaa go in competition with the nfl? avery plays for pay at k-state or for the chiefs on a long term contract, academics be damned? i thought baker was a wise guy, evidently not a smart one. this is not bringing a solution, it's caving.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » December 5th, 2023, 1:13 pm

so, given this new chapter does the ncaa go in competition with the nfl? avery plays for pay at k-state or for the chiefs on a long term contract, academics be damned? i thought baker was a wise guy, evidently not a smart one. this is not bringing a solution that saves the collegiate game, it's simply caving. we'll see empty stadiums as a result.

LAS VEGAS (AP) — NCAA President Charlie Baker announced Tuesday that he wants the organization to create a new tier of Division I athletics where schools with the most resources can offer unlimited educational benefits, enter into name, image and likeness partnerships with athletes and directly pay them through a trust fund.
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post (total 2):
kswildcatstlcatfan
Why is there something rather than nothing?

PurpleOnWhite

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleOnWhite » December 5th, 2023, 1:48 pm

What value does the NCAA bring? They aren't policing. They only punish that weak. Now they're advocating for professional teams. And trying to use Congress as cover.
Last edited by PurpleOnWhite on December 5th, 2023, 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author PurpleOnWhite for the post:
stlcatfan

kswildcat

Post by kswildcat » December 5th, 2023, 2:13 pm

The division between the rich and everyone else continues to grow. I wonder where K-State will fall as college sports becomes even more divided. This is so sad but inevitable. The minor leagues are now college campuses. Why even have these semi-pros on campus? They don't go to class anyway. Let them have their own league and let's get back to college sports as they were meant to be, with true student-athletes.
These users thanked the author kswildcat for the post:
stlcatfan