The Portal and Will Howard, is he looking for the best opportunity to gain 'NFL status'?

The defending Big XII Champions
topekacat

Re: The Portal and Will Howard, is he looking for the best opportunity to gain 'NFL status'?

Post by topekacat » November 27th, 2023, 3:50 pm

Catalum wrote:
November 27th, 2023, 2:53 pm
topekacat wrote:
November 27th, 2023, 1:12 pm

He has to be invited to the combine first. Do we think he is that much better than Skyler Thompson who was drafted in the 7th round?
I think he was a better QB than Brock Purdy in college. Purdy seems to be doing okay.
Not to take anything away from Will but anyone would look good with Deebo Samuel, Brandon Aiyuk, Christian McCaffrey and George Kittle. Put Purdy on the Panthers and see how he looks. I hope I am wrong but I just don't see it.
These users thanked the author topekacat for the post:
wazucat

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » November 27th, 2023, 3:52 pm

katlander wrote:
November 27th, 2023, 3:44 pm

I am pissed regarding how we have handled Avery to this point in time. I wanted to save his red shirt and play him only if necessary and hopefully not until late in the season. If we were going to pull the red shirt we at least needed to get him on the field. Either as a returner, a receiver, or some other role.

Playing AJ early accomplished nothing positive as it turned out. Just a waste of a red shirt year. Some were saying he would go pro and not be here that long, and now others are saying he should not be the guy in his second year. Give me a break! He is ready to light it up! He is special and has the intangibles which perfectly fit the college game and, very likely, the pro game too. He is bigger, stronger, and knows the playbook. Turn Avery loose! Jeez, lets don't be stupid here!

I agree on how we have handled Avery the past few games. His redshirt is burned so you might as well get him on the field somewhere. We did it earlier in the season and it seemed to work out well. He's too good to be standing on the sideline for the entire game.
"The whole future lies in uncertainty: live immediately.” -- Seneca

Catalum

Post by Catalum » November 27th, 2023, 4:02 pm

stlcatfan wrote:
November 27th, 2023, 3:52 pm
katlander wrote:

I am pissed regarding how we have handled Avery to this point in time. I wanted to save his red shirt and play him only if necessary and hopefully not until late in the season. If we were going to pull the red shirt we at least needed to get him on the field. Either as a returner, a receiver, or some other role.

Playing AJ early accomplished nothing positive as it turned out. Just a waste of a red shirt year. Some were saying he would go pro and not be here that long, and now others are saying he should not be the guy in his second year. Give me a break! He is ready to light it up! He is special and has the intangibles which perfectly fit the college game and, very likely, the pro game too. He is bigger, stronger, and knows the playbook. Turn Avery loose! Jeez, lets don't be stupid here!

I agree on how we have handled Avery the past few games. His redshirt is burned so you might as well get him on the field somewhere. We did it earlier in the season and it seemed to work out well. He's too good to be standing on the sideline for the entire game.
If all this rumor is true about Will, it will be strictly Avery's show for the bowl game.
These users thanked the author Catalum for the post:
stlcatfan

Because my safety, my freedom, and my rights are non-negotiable.

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » November 27th, 2023, 4:10 pm

If we had not red shirted AJ he would have 4 years left. If Will comes back and is our starter then AJ will only have 2 years left. That is BS! By pulling the red shirt we have played our hand and Avery needs to be the starter next year IMO. Will needs to be told that we want him to return but we will give the nod to AJ. He will return as Avery's back up.

DeereCatFan

Pick 'Em

Post by DeereCatFan » November 27th, 2023, 4:21 pm

katlander wrote:
I normally would choose to go with the experienced senior QB but I think we have a very special player waiting in the wings. I am pissed regarding how we have handled Avery to this point in time. I wanted to save his red shirt and play him only if necessary and hopefully not until late in the season. If we were going to pull the red shirt we at least needed to get him on the field. Either as a returner, a receiver, or some other role.
This. I've said as much as well. What a waste of a year of talent. I think he played 1 snap in on of those meaningless games at start of season.
I believe Snyder had those same thoughts with Sproles and said as much regardinghis first year.
Who knows maybe Avery won't stay full duration anyway.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » November 27th, 2023, 4:40 pm

katlander wrote:
November 27th, 2023, 4:10 pm
If we had not red shirted AJ he would have 4 years left. If Will comes back and is our starter then AJ will only have 2 years left. That is BS! By pulling the red shirt we have played our hand and Avery needs to be the starter next year IMO. Will needs to be told that we want him to return but we will give the nod to AJ. He will return as Avery's back up.
that a ridiculous take. if he hadn't played he wouldn't have been ready for what's ahead. he was clearly #2. he won the txt game for us. if he's as good as you think he is he'll be gone after his junior year anyway.
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
PurpleOnWhite
"What is your fair share of what someone else has worked for?" Sowell

Jax

Pick 'Em

Post by Jax » November 27th, 2023, 4:46 pm

Snyder wrote:
November 27th, 2023, 1:59 pm
Notre Dame, Penn State and Illinois rumored
Penn State would get him back close to home. I really wish the young man nothing but the best. He has served K-State well, and deserves to be a little selfish now.
These users thanked the author Jax for the post (total 2):
SnyderTbonespop
We don’t see things as they are; we see them as we are. - Anaïs Nin

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » November 27th, 2023, 4:50 pm

Jax wrote:
November 27th, 2023, 4:46 pm
Snyder wrote:
November 27th, 2023, 1:59 pm
Notre Dame, Penn State and Illinois rumored
Penn State would get him back close to home. I really wish the young man nothing but the best. He has served K-State well, and deserves to be a little selfish now.
i find it ironic that he's been treated like shit by so many k-state related media and fans and much like his mentor, adrian martinez, he's leaving maybe for lincoln. sweet irony, actually. f'idiots like cole manback, kurtz, and that line of great thinkers. we have some of the most shitheaded fans and media types in the universe. good grief.
"What is your fair share of what someone else has worked for?" Sowell

Catalum

Post by Catalum » November 27th, 2023, 4:56 pm

tmcats wrote:
November 27th, 2023, 4:50 pm
Jax wrote:
November 27th, 2023, 4:46 pm
i find it ironic that he's been treated like shit by so many k-state related media and fans and much like his mentor, adrian martinez, he's leaving maybe for lincoln. sweet irony, actually. f'idiots like cole manback, kurtz, and that line of great thinkers. we have some of the most shitheaded fans and media types in the universe. good grief.
I agree wholeheartedly tm. Future recruits may think twice about coming to K-State if they get treated like Will has.

Because my safety, my freedom, and my rights are non-negotiable.

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » November 27th, 2023, 5:17 pm

SIAP, but it looks official for Howard. Best wishes to him!

Will Howard declares intent to transfer from Kansas State
https://247sports.com/college/kansas-st ... 221517097/

I wonder if his younger brother will stay committed with Will transferring.
These users thanked the author stlcatfan for the post (total 2):
randallcat85catalyst
"The whole future lies in uncertainty: live immediately.” -- Seneca