The Portal and Will Howard, is he looking for the best opportunity to gain 'NFL status'?

The defending Big XII Champions
tmcats

Pick 'Em

Re: The Portal and Will Howard, is he looking for the best opportunity to gain 'NFL status'?

Post by tmcats » March 7th, 2024, 5:44 pm

spot2180 wrote:
March 7th, 2024, 5:37 pm
I watched a little of Chip Kelly's presser hoping to hear something about Howard, but didn't. I don't know if Kelly's been there long enough to really assess the talent, yet. He did say that he was impressed when the QBs are in the film room and picking things up quickly. I imagine everyone is a bit gittery in that position because they don't know Kelly very well. Everyone in that position is getting reps, according to Kelly, so hopefully Howard will be able to separate himself eventually.
we can watch their spring game on the b10 network. that will be the best signal as to where will howard stands.

The Ohio State Spring game will be on Saturday, April 13.
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanrandallcat85
Why is there something rather than nothing?

privyet

Post by privyet » March 7th, 2024, 6:40 pm

Kelly has had nothing but high praise for Howard and said he came across as really impressive after only 5 minutes of meeting him. He is in an absolutely perfect situation with Kelly and Day (at times) as his positional coach, and although they have (2) 5* freshmen they are not going to play this year, at least very little.... The guy who is his main competitor for starting QB is of course good, but is severely injury prone, and seems, from what I saw on tape today, is questionable in his progressions and reading defenses . In the long run, I see Will winning. BTW, after viewing the BIG10 fan forum it said that Will already is well liked by the coaches and players. That is something we already know. I can't wait to see Avery this year with our top 20 team but I'll also be watching (as much as I can) Will's progress.
These users thanked the author privyet for the post:
Tbonespop

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 13th, 2024, 10:09 am

these pictures popped up on X and shows, says a 1000 words, about what comes from a development program.

ImageImage
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanwazucat

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » March 13th, 2024, 1:16 pm

tmcats wrote:
March 13th, 2024, 10:09 am
these pictures popped up on X and shows, says a 1000 words, about what comes from a development program.

ImageImage
This reminds me of the pictures of FAU when he first got to K-State compared to his last season here. Our staff does a great job of developing these kids.
These users thanked the author stlcatfan for the post (total 2):
randallcat85privyet
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

privyet

Post by privyet » March 14th, 2024, 3:58 pm

I just hope Will can live up to expectations of being the "man" for one of the 2 Blueblood programs in CFB. His ceiling and potential has yet to be determined. From what I've seen in his time here, and with the incredible talent he has inherited, I think he will be very successful....at least I hope so, and that young man deserves it.j
These users thanked the author privyet for the post:
powercat5000

privyet

Post by privyet » March 19th, 2024, 4:13 pm

Will and Devin Brown will be throwing to OSU pro prospects tomorrow. Good luck Will.

epicsnyder

Post by epicsnyder » March 19th, 2024, 6:54 pm

stlcatfan wrote:
March 13th, 2024, 1:16 pm
tmcats wrote:
March 13th, 2024, 10:09 am

ImageImage
This reminds me of the pictures of FAU when he first got to K-State compared to his last season here. Our staff does a great job of developing these kids.
Yes. But there isn't a P5 program in the country that doesn't have the ability to do the exact same thing. The X factor is the athlete's drive, desire, and determination, But we are far from the only program.
These users thanked the author epicsnyder for the post:
Tbonespop
In a perfect world, everyone would choose hard work, morals and ethics over obscene money and fame. And everyone outside of Lowrents would be required to be a red blooded, card carrying Payhawk hater.

Gorhoops

Post by Gorhoops » March 20th, 2024, 9:11 am

So did you all see what the Proctor kid did to Iowa?? Holy cow what a mess. Kid is from Iowa, goes to Bama, starts 13 games last fall at tackle, enters the portal, signs with Iowa on a huge NIL deal, then re-enters the portal yesterday and it sounds like he may return to Bama, with all of Iowa's money in his pocket!!!

Just not sure how this is even realistic. Even the most adamant "players should be paid" people can't think this is okay. Surely there has to be a contract that these kids sign that requires them to hold them to the commitment. I know you can't stop them from transferring, but you shouldn't have to give them the money.

Ridiculous. And not real world. Every business that I know that gives a signing bonus or something of that nature has requirements to get that money. This cannot continue.
These users thanked the author Gorhoops for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanprivyet

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 20th, 2024, 11:30 am

nil is not coming from iowa but from it's boosters/businesses.

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » March 20th, 2024, 11:40 am

Does it matter? It's the general principle of what the NCAA culture is and will continue to be as long as people keep playing ostrich, but a lot of people go through life as a sheep, just follow the herd, and NEVER stand up for what they believe. Instead, just bitch about it. More people need to quit buying tickets, donating $, and watching. I've done the first two, and I don't watch any games except K-State. I realize I won't make a difference, but at least I feel I'm not contributing to the insanity.
These users thanked the author wild@nite for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanprivyet