Offensive inconsistencies are on Collin Klein or Will, or both!

The defending Big XII Champions
farrout10

Offensive inconsistencies are on Collin Klein or Will, or both!

Post by farrout10 » November 5th, 2023, 12:06 pm

With the 1st half fiasco, we had our D on the field entirely too long yesterday; and yet, they persevered and actually got stronger as the game progressed. Love Collin and what he means to ksu, but he does have some work to do, to get to the level of our fan base expectations. Will Howard, had an amazing 20 minutes in the 2nd half yesterday and I will be the first to admit; I thought AJ was our only possible salvation, with his athleticism to counter the Texas D. Was it Will, Collin, or Coach that left the first 26 minutes in a complete ‘Trauma’?

WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Post by WildcatEngineer » November 5th, 2023, 12:29 pm

farrout10 wrote:
November 5th, 2023, 12:06 pm
With the 1st half fiasco, we had our D on the field entirely too long yesterday; and yet, they persevered and actually got stronger as the game progressed. Love Collin and what he means to ksu, but he does have some work to do, to get to the level of our fan base expectations. Will Howard, had an amazing 20 minutes in the 2nd half yesterday and I will be the first to admit; I thought AJ was our only possible salvation, with his athleticism to counter the Texas D. Was it Will, Collin, or Coach that left the first 26 minutes in a complete ‘Trauma’?
FAR, HELLO it was a fresh Texas DLine who are all NFL 1st or 2nd day selections.

powercat95

Post by powercat95 » November 5th, 2023, 12:35 pm

I am wondering, what was our offensive game plan? Everyone knew that the strength of the Texas defense was their DLine....apparently our offensive game plan was to...run straight into their DLine. Over and over and over. And apparently we had no Plan B.

If we had let the Texas DC call our offensive plays in the first half he would have called a very similar game to what we ran. Runs between the tackles on 1st and 2nd downs, then on 3rd and long when everyone in the stadium is expecting a drop-back pass.....we run a drop-back pass. Remarkably predictable and easy to defend.

Took our coaches half the game to figure it out..what was glaringly obvious to anyone watching the game.
These users thanked the author powercat95 for the post (total 4):
bahweepgronnaweepNECatFanrandallcat85Jax

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » November 5th, 2023, 12:39 pm

WildcatEngineer wrote:
November 5th, 2023, 12:29 pm
farrout10 wrote:
November 5th, 2023, 12:06 pm
FAR, HELLO it was a fresh Texas DLine who are all NFL 1st or 2nd day selections.
But magically those 1st and 2nd round draft picks just forgot how to play in the second half……this debacle was 90% coaching, 10% players.
These users thanked the author Tbonespop for the post:
NECatFan
EMAW

WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Post by WildcatEngineer » November 5th, 2023, 1:12 pm

Tbonespop wrote:
November 5th, 2023, 12:39 pm
WildcatEngineer wrote:
November 5th, 2023, 12:29 pm

But magically those 1st and 2nd round draft picks just forgot how to play in the second half……this debacle was 90% coaching, 10% players.
TBONES, every Football Coach from Pee Wee League on up knows 300+ pound men lose a step the longer they are exerted. The main reason we could pass block them the 2nd half is THEY GOT TIRED. It is not that complex.

bahweepgronnaweep

Post by bahweepgronnaweep » November 5th, 2023, 1:20 pm

We could pass block them in the first half on first down too. I would be willing to bet we called at least twice as many runs in the first half than the second. Our play calling was abysmal in the first half, and it was better but still full of flaws in the second half.

WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Post by WildcatEngineer » November 5th, 2023, 1:49 pm

bahweepgronnaweep wrote:
November 5th, 2023, 1:20 pm
We could pass block them in the first half on first down too. I would be willing to bet we called at least twice as many runs in the first half than the second. Our play calling was abysmal in the first half, and it was better but still full of flaws in the second half.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/m ... /401525884

BAH, you forget Will upchucked the ball at the start of the 2nd half on a pass play. The most important thing was not turning the ball over.

Monday Morning complaining about play calling is hollow thought. Please link your complaints after the OSU game of play calling. That time it was from passing too much.

pharaohcat

Post by pharaohcat » November 5th, 2023, 2:11 pm

I don't get some of you "fans", when things are going well you seem all in, but at the 1st sign of adversity the amateur coaches come out of the woodwork. Why did we try and run the ball in the 1st 1/2? What is the strength of our team? O-line and running the ball, so we would have been stupid not to try and exploit them. The OC that many of you think you can out coach made 1/2 time adjustments (a sign of coaching) that allowed our QB to pass for 327 yards come within a busted play of winning an OT game against a top ten team on the road. Most of you "coaches" had little to say in the 3 games before Texas, maybe you had no plan B.
These users thanked the author pharaohcat for the post (total 2):
WildcatEngineerkatlander

Catalum

Post by Catalum » November 5th, 2023, 2:29 pm

I agree, pharaoh. As I mentioned in another thread, it seems some posters only show up on this board after a loss.

I also posted this clip in another thread of Ben Sinnott’s postgame comments to the media. https://youtu.be/onBk9kExUC4?t=24
I think he was also directing this toward the fans, some of which are well represented on this board. I wholeheartedly agree with what he said.

Because my safety, my freedom, and my rights are non-negotiable.

WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Post by WildcatEngineer » November 5th, 2023, 3:09 pm

https://www.espn.com/college-football/m ... /401525884

Not to bust anybody's pre-conceived opinions but

We ran the ball 14 times in the 1st Half.

We ran the ball 15 times in the 2nd Half.