D.J. Giddens

The defending Big XII Champions
farrout10

D.J. Giddens

Post by farrout10 » September 24th, 2023, 10:12 am

What's not to like about this young guy, so humble and so talented. Love his comparing of the game experience, with catching a 20# catfish!
These users thanked the author farrout10 for the post (total 2):
Tbonespopstlcatfan

WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Post by WildcatEngineer » September 24th, 2023, 10:34 am

His pass receiving might have been even more impressive.

The post game comments by both Coach Klieman and Will Howard I took as behind the scenes the team has been expecting more from DJ. And finally this week they just said it.
These users thanked the author WildcatEngineer for the post:
randallcat85

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » September 24th, 2023, 12:01 pm

It appears he has added more elusiveness to his running style. Does a little stutter step prior to cutting similar to what Treshaun does. Not sure when or where he picked it up, but the added elusiveness, combined with his strength and balance, makes him hard to tackle.
These users thanked the author katlander for the post:
WildcatEngineer

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » September 24th, 2023, 12:10 pm

katlander wrote:
September 24th, 2023, 12:01 pm
It appears he has added more elusiveness to his running style. Does a little stutter step prior to cutting similar to what Treshaun does. Not sure when or where he picked it up, but the added elusiveness, combined with his strength and balance, makes him hard to tackle.
That's not something you teach or you learn, that's something innate. You don't think, you just do. My guess is, its always been there and just limited touches we didn't see it, or we just didn't notice it. Kid is a stud anyway about it.
EMAW

WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Post by WildcatEngineer » September 24th, 2023, 12:56 pm

To me his cuts in the hole were different last night.

I heard his interview with Wyatt and Stan while in the car going home. First thing was he gave the credit to the OLine. He also said he was in pain, but he pushed through it for his team mates.

I thought he looks Daniel Thomas, but with much much better hands.

epicsnyder

Post by epicsnyder » September 24th, 2023, 1:30 pm

They cannot run this kid, or any kid, 30 carries + a game. Can't do it. Won't last the season. Steve Spurrier did it to Marcus Lattimore. Ran that kid into the ground. And ran him OUT of millions of $$$$ and ruined his knees for the rest of his life.

He did what he needed to do. But if his "pain" he referenced turns into more than just reported pain, where are we?!?

And where is Keagan Johnson? Thought this kid was supposed to be the "it" factor for the wide outs. Anybody got any inside knowledge as to why he barely sniffs the field?
These users thanked the author epicsnyder for the post (total 2):
WildcatEngineerKralicek
In a perfect world, everyone would choose hard work, morals and ethics over obscene money and fame. And everyone outside of Lowrents would be required to be a red blooded, card carrying Payhawk hater.

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » September 24th, 2023, 2:11 pm

WildcatEngineer wrote:
September 24th, 2023, 12:56 pm
To me his cuts in the hole were different last night.

I heard his interview with Wyatt and Stan while in the car going home. First thing was he gave the credit to the OLine. He also said he was in pain, but he pushed through it for his team mates.

I thought he looks Daniel Thomas, but with much much better hands.
I agree, resembles D-Train in many ways. That's a huge compliment.
These users thanked the author Tbonespop for the post:
randallcat85
EMAW

kswildcat

Post by kswildcat » September 24th, 2023, 2:59 pm

D J ran hard and with purpose every play. He really matured as a runner yesterday with the added elusiveness. He also looked good as a receiver. His running took a lot of pressure off of Will.

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » September 24th, 2023, 3:26 pm

This showing by DJ is going to put a target on his back for defenses (in game and game prep), which is going to add to the target already on Sinnot. This presents problems for opposing defenses because typically the SAM linebacker is responsible for the TE/HB. Typically, the MIKE Linebacker is responsible for the RB out out the backfield. Those are typical responsibilities (Not always the case, but just typical responsibilities). That is a TALL order to defend for any linebacker unit. That's going to open up the QB run game. Now we just need to find our primary corp of WRs to give us a deep ball threat. We have the possession WRs - really digging what Jackson has been doing for us. We're just lacking a serious deep threat at WR. I would have liked to have seen someone else besides Porter come in at WR - either Loyd or Spivey. Really need that serious threat at WR.

Need to get some dudes healthy in the next 2 weeks. The offense looks like it is going to come around and be a handful.

Defense and special teams....need serious work. I do think the talent is there.
EMAW

MNwildcat

Post by MNwildcat » September 24th, 2023, 3:33 pm

Best thing I saw last night from DJ was him on the field after the fans were gone, there a couple dozen kids running on the field having fun. He spent some time talking to his parents (I believe that was them) and then took photos with the kids on the field. He seemed to just enjoy the day and treated it like any other day. Very humble young man and very quiet leader that went to work yesterday.
These users thanked the author MNwildcat for the post (total 5):
stlcatfannick57KralicekSection 12-2KSUbetcha