missouri week, this will give you a look ...

The defending Big XII Champions
KITNooga

Re: missouri week, this will give you a look ...

Post by KITNooga » September 14th, 2023, 8:33 am

tmcats wrote:
September 11th, 2023, 11:40 am
umm, k-state may get their best shot but it will be a wet paper wad, not a bullet. cats should dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball and that is a key to winning on the road. will howard is way better than anything they have on their roster. receivers are probably equal. but you have to chuck it to them, and that's a k-state advantage. running backs are not equal, sorry tiggers. i look for a three touchdown win in front of a large and boisterous purple contingent.
TM: wonder if a lot of folks are 'quietly' overlooking the Cats defense? hear, see a lot of talk about the offense. but while the past two weeks have not been that flashy, they have been brutally effective.

perhaps we are overlooking the impact of Uso? and Deuce has been sort of quiet... perhaps that speaks more to a total team defense effort?
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » September 14th, 2023, 9:53 am

the spread has dropped to -3.5 for some reason. i don't get it having projected the cats by three td's myself. but it's why we play the games to see rather than just bloviate.

yes, k-state's defense is fast and furious, better than last year to my eye. i have long thought khalid duke is just as good as king felix was last year, but misplaced at linebacker. uso, if healthy, may be better than eli huggins creating chaos in the middle, we'll see over time. and the corner combo of lee and parrish seem to be a push versus brents and boye-doe through two games, yeah, it's only two and against lower division - albeit good - teams.

the difference is losing deuce. i haven't seen a run game approaching his yet. how much of that is line play can be debated. it will be more clear as we move along. missouri is certainly a good test because their defense is capable. we need christian duffie back at right tackle.
"What is your fair share of what someone else has worked for?" Sowell

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » September 14th, 2023, 2:20 pm

christian duffie likely out for missouri game per collin klein just now. :|
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
stlcatfan
"What is your fair share of what someone else has worked for?" Sowell

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » September 14th, 2023, 3:44 pm

tmcats wrote:
September 14th, 2023, 2:20 pm
christian duffie likely out for missouri game per collin klein just now. :|
Bummer. Hopefully he is at full strength for the conference portion of our schedule.
"The whole future lies in uncertainty: live immediately.” -- Seneca

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » September 14th, 2023, 6:36 pm

It is perplexing that the line is dropping in favor of MUs direction. Can't see an offensive lineman being out causing that especially when he was out the last 2 weeks and we beat the spread by 2X both times. Seems strange....

Hoping the cats see the line moving and become motivated to prove a point :fistbump:
EMAW

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » September 14th, 2023, 10:42 pm

Tbonespop wrote:
September 14th, 2023, 6:36 pm
It is perplexing that the line is dropping in favor of MUs direction. Can't see an offensive lineman being out causing that especially when he was out the last 2 weeks and we beat the spread by 2X both times. Seems strange....

Hoping the cats see the line moving and become motivated to prove a point :fistbump:
Can you throw down on these numbers. I think the Cats will kick some Tiger tail.

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » September 14th, 2023, 10:57 pm

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » September 15th, 2023, 12:02 am

katlander wrote:
September 14th, 2023, 10:42 pm
Tbonespop wrote:
September 14th, 2023, 6:36 pm

Can you throw down on these numbers. I think the Cats will kick some Tiger tail.
Honestly, I think we are gonna beat Mizzou like a drum. I think saw glimpses of what this team can be like but they were fully prepared or focused. MU has their attention. Our guys don't like the SEC. We don't like schools leaving for the SEC. I think our guys want to send a message.
EMAW

powercat95

Post by powercat95 » September 15th, 2023, 9:26 am

I'll be shocked if this game ends up close. One factor in MU's favor is it being a home game, and K-State's first road game. But K-State is a far superior team.

Cats by 17

WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Post by WildcatEngineer » September 15th, 2023, 9:53 am

I am not as bullish on the Cats in this game.

I repeat MU has Athletes, especially on Defense. If they shut down our run game and they force Will to throw 35 times, we could have problems.