strange to me with the heat that adgt doesn't move ...

The defending Big XII Champions
tmcats

Pick 'Em

strange to me with the heat that adgt doesn't move ...

Post by tmcats » August 28th, 2023, 12:13 pm

the starting time to 7:30pm or later for the semo game. the game is sold out. it's on espn+. why have the youngsters and crowd in such intense heat needlessly?

if it's not changed, it's on gene. and if something bad happens it is a serious management error. i don't get it. :|
Why is there something rather than nothing?

KSUbetcha

Post by KSUbetcha » August 28th, 2023, 12:21 pm

tmcats wrote:
August 28th, 2023, 12:13 pm
the starting time to 7:30pm or later for the semo game. the game is sold out. it's on espn+. why have the youngsters and crowd in such intense heat needlessly?

if it's not changed, it's on gene. and if something bad happens, it is a serious management error. i don't get it. :|
I remember that game in KC against Iowa at Arrowhead during that day game. It was well above 100 degrees and probably 110-115 degrees inside the stadium. I've never been so hot in my life at a game. Just plain brutal that heat was during the game. I tried drinking a beer or two, but after that just reverted to water for the rest of the game. I remember seeing many ambulances and gurneys treating people for heat injuries, particularly some elderly fans who attended the game.

If the game time can be moved, it should be moved IMO. The Iowa game couldn't be moved to the evening, cause there was a Royals game at night that day & the Iowa game had to be a late morning kickoff if I recall correctly.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » August 28th, 2023, 12:29 pm

yep, i was at that iowa game as well. brutal. this is so much different as you point out, betcha. surely they are talking about moving it?
Why is there something rather than nothing?

DeereCatFan

Pick 'Em

Post by DeereCatFan » August 28th, 2023, 12:33 pm

Yes and can they move it to a good channel as well :D
These users thanked the author DeereCatFan for the post:
Jax

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » August 28th, 2023, 3:22 pm

KSUbetcha wrote:
August 28th, 2023, 12:21 pm
tmcats wrote:

if it's not changed, it's on gene. and if something bad happens, it is a serious management error. i don't get it. :|
I remember that game in KC against Iowa at Arrowhead during that day game. It was well above 100 degrees and probably 110-115 degrees inside the stadium. I've never been so hot in my life at a game. Just plain brutal that heat was during the game. I tried drinking a beer or two, but after that just reverted to water for the rest of the game. I remember seeing many ambulances and gurneys treating people for heat injuries, particularly some elderly fans who attended the game.

If the game time can be moved, it should be moved IMO. The Iowa game couldn't be moved to the evening, cause there was a Royals game at night that day & the Iowa game had to be a late morning kickoff if I recall correctly.
Was there. 135 degrees on the turf.. Multiple linemen lost 12-15 lbs in the 1st half and got 2 I.V's at half. The inaugural Big 12 game vs Texas Tech was damn near as hot, but not quite. There will be multiple heat related incidents. Bank on it. Heat, students, alcohol, elderly, etc... it's gonna happen. Best move would be playing at 8pm and not opening parking lots until 5pm.
These users thanked the author wild@nite for the post (total 3):
KSUbetchatmcatsTbonespop

PurpleOnWhite

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleOnWhite » August 28th, 2023, 7:18 pm

Arkansas is moving its game time on Saturday from 2 (or 3?) to noon.

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » August 28th, 2023, 8:46 pm

The greater danger is for the fans attending. If people aren't used to it, that's extremely dangerous - and for those that will be drinking alcohol. I live in Phoenix, it was 115F here today with monsoon humidity with dew points in the upper 50s and lower 60s. High school kids are going through 2 a days and have been for a few weeks. When you live in it, you adapt to it and learn to hydrate (even though it does feel like its hot as hell). People there aren't used to that kind of heat. They should move it to after the sun goes down for a night game.

It could literally be life or death for some people.
These users thanked the author Tbonespop for the post (total 2):
Section 12-2stlcatfan
EMAW

Snyder

Post by Snyder » August 28th, 2023, 9:09 pm

tmcats wrote:

if it's not changed, it's on gene. and if something bad happens it is a serious management error. i don't get it. :|
:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:
This seems like common sense to move it a couple hours later. With no school Monday I'm sure SEMO would not mind getting home in the wee hours of Sunday, sleeping in and relaxing.

I'm sure moving the start time has been discussed and frankly I can not think of a reason why it should not be move. 6:00 will be HOTTTTT

SEMO is probably the third best FCS school K-State has played in my lifetime. North Dakota State 2013 and the 1989 Northern Iowa teams were very legit and could have knocked off other FBS (1-A) schools. SEMO is ranked 11th in the preseason poll and could hang around for a while if the Cats are not fully engaged.
These users thanked the author Snyder for the post:
stlcatfan

ToledoCat#3
Has thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#3 » August 28th, 2023, 9:38 pm

That KSU vs Hawkeyes game in kc was the most miserable FB game I ever sat through. However, it did provide one of the more humorous practical jokes I ever played on someone.
These users thanked the author ToledoCat#3 for the post:
Snyder

Snyder

Post by Snyder » August 28th, 2023, 9:46 pm

K-State beat Iowa 27 to 7 and the defense was incredible. Looked for a bit David Allen had set record for punt returns but it was called back. He then got hurt and Aaron Lockett was amazing. That season had two HOT games (Iowa and the home opener against Louisiana Tech. We closed the season with three frigid games, at Mizzou, OU at Arrowhead and Tennessee on 1/1/01