rumor around that k-state may switch from the swish ...

The defending Big XII Champions
tmcats

Pick 'Em

rumor around that k-state may switch from the swish ...

Post by tmcats » August 14th, 2023, 7:01 pm

to under armour. bubbas going nutso. lol.
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
randallcat85
Why is there something rather than nothing?

WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Post by WildcatEngineer » August 14th, 2023, 7:28 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Under_Armour

What is wrong with "Under Armour"? It is an American founded major apparel corporation that like Maryland. Because the founder is from Maryland.

I have no problem with Nike. But KSU is just one more College in the Nike portfolio.

Lavendar is not patented.
These users thanked the author WildcatEngineer for the post:
stlcatfan

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » August 14th, 2023, 7:40 pm

WildcatEngineer wrote:
August 14th, 2023, 7:28 pm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Under_Armour

What is wrong with "Under Armour"? It is an American founded major apparel corporation that like Maryland. Because the founder is from Maryland.

I have no problem with Nike. But KSU is just one more College in the Nike portfolio.

Lavendar is not patented.
Fitz mentioned that it might impact recruiting because the kids like to wear Nike apparel. I agree with you. If we go to Under Armour, it's no big deal to me.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Post by WildcatEngineer » August 14th, 2023, 7:58 pm

Controversies
UA Fitness Performance Center and historic mural covering

The historic lobby floor pictured in 1933, is now covered by artificial turf for the UA Fitness Performance Center
In 2015, Under Armour released plans for their new Under Armour Fitness Performance Center powered by FX Studios at the Bank of America Building at 10 Light Street in Baltimore. The Fitness Performance Center is planned to take place in the building's lobby, covering historic murals of Baltimore's history by art deco artist Hildreth Meiere with artificial turf flooring. This plan has been seen as controversial due to the fact that Kevin Plank, Nate Costa (president of FX Studios) and developer Cary Euwer used state and federal tax credits to restore the historical building, yet the historical murals are being covered up by turf flooring.[68] Many historians and local Baltimoreans have expressed public outcry that the design should be reconsidered and the murals should be saved.

Trophy hunting video
In January 2016 Under Armour initiated a marketing campaign featuring women hunters including an American woman named Sarah Bowmar.[69][70] In August 2016 a video filmed by Bowmar, showing her husband spearing a bear and then rejoicing that he had hit it, went viral. The bear was found dead the next day.[69][71] Under Armour was heavily criticized worldwide and as result, the company ended its contract with Bowmar a few days after the video became known.[69]

Trump endorsement and public boycott
On February 7, 2017, two weeks into the presidency of Donald Trump, CEO Kevin Plank expressed his support for the administration and its friendliness to corporations.[72]

Numerous athletes contracted with Under Armour also spoke out in opposition to Plank's statements. Stephen Curry, the most valuable of the company's sponsorships, hinted that his loyalty to the company could be jeopardized if its actions do not reflect his values.[73] Dwayne Johnson voiced disapproval with the CEO's personal attitudes being reflected onto the company's partners and employees.[74]

On February 15, eight days following Plank's statements, Plank took out a full-page ad in the Baltimore Sun to clarify his position and that of the company. The letter acknowledged that he had used "a choice of words that did not accurately reflect my intent" and described how his company valued diversity, entrepreneurship and job creation. He condemned the administration's ban on travel to and from seven primarily Muslim nations, adding "we will join a coalition of companies in opposition to any new actions that negatively impact our team, their families or our community."[75]

In a statement issued to reporters on June 2, Plank deplored the Trump Administration's decision to withdraw the United States from the Paris agreement:

We at Under Armour are disappointed by the Administration's decision to withdraw from the Paris Climate Agreement as climate change continues to threaten our planet, our cities and our economies. Climate change is real and must be taken seriously by our business community, our customers, our neighbors and our elected officials. Sustainability has always been part of our DNA: it's integral to how we live and work and is essential to our environment. As a business leader concerned with creating American jobs, I disagree with the decision to exit the Paris accord.[76]

On August 14, 2017, Plank removed himself from Trump's Manufacturing Jobs Initiative Council,[77] following backlash over Trump's response to the events in Charlottesville, Virginia.

Fireproofing and flammability
In June 2018 a Facebook post emerged stating that Under Armour clothing was flammable and resulted in severe burn injuries to a child.[78] Though no recall was issued and no evidence suggests the brand's items were not in compliance with federal regulations, a 2008 study by the United States Forest Service found that Under Armour's material was more likely to result in a burn injury of the wearer than most other undergarment materials.[79]

Federal probe
In November 2019, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission made public that Under Armour's accounting policies had been under scrutiny for more than two years.[80] In July 2020, the company confirmed that the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission had sent Wells Notices relating to Under Armour's accounting in 2015 and 2016.[81]

Community involvement
UA Give Back is Under Armour's effort to become involved in different facets of the world community. They have different branches in their organization that specialize in each cause that Under Armour supports. They consist of the UA Power in Pink, UA Freedom and UA Win Global.[82]

UA Power in Pink is an Under Armour program that promotes women using exercise and fitness to fight breast cancer.[83] UA Freedom is an Under Armour program that supports the efforts of the Wounded Warrior Project whose mission is to honor, raise awareness, and aid wounded veterans and military service members.[84] UA Win Global is a children's athletics program which focuses on "underserved communities" by enhancing play areas, investing in sports programs and providing support for sports coaches.[85]

As of 2012, Under Armour was the sponsor of the Baseball Factory's "Premium Video Program", which holds more than 100 events for youth athletes across the United States annually.[86]

After ads of many brands ran on extremist channels promoting extremist content on YouTube, Under Armour pulled its ad from Alphabet Inc. owned YouTube.[87]

=============================

The Nike controversies are a little more human rights related.
These users thanked the author WildcatEngineer for the post:
stlcatfan

Catalum

Post by Catalum » August 15th, 2023, 6:29 am

Personally, I'm glad. Nike supports the CCP, the most evil regime in the world. Would be happy to see K-State switch to UA.

If a recruit is solely focused on the apparel, they don't fit Tang's culture. That's fine by me.
These users thanked the author Catalum for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanPurpleOnWhite

Because my safety, my freedom, and my rights are non-negotiable.

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » August 15th, 2023, 9:03 am

stlcatfan wrote:
August 14th, 2023, 7:40 pm
Fitz mentioned that it might impact recruiting because the kids like to wear Nike apparel. I agree with you. If we go to Under Armour, it's no big deal to me.
fitz is just pissed he didn't 'get the scoop' '...it's UNDERARMOR!!!...'

let's look at it this way: KState is a program that is solid, top tier... and ON THE RISE...

perhaps just exactly what we need: elevate together.
These users thanked the author KITNooga for the post:
stlcatfan
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » August 15th, 2023, 1:47 pm

auburn, maryland, navy, northwestern, notre dame, south carolina, txt, and utah are UA's major schools. that's a pretty solid second tier list.

they also have jordan speith, fellow golf nuts. his is valued north of $20 million per year.

Why is there something rather than nothing?

Kralicek

Post by Kralicek » August 16th, 2023, 8:33 am

Catalum wrote:
August 15th, 2023, 6:29 am
Personally, I'm glad. Nike supports the CCP, the most evil regime in the world. Would be happy to see K-State switch to UA.

If a recruit is solely focused on the apparel, they don't fit Tang's culture. That's fine by me.
I agree 100% disassociate from Nike as fast as possible, they have sold out to China in every way possible along with the NBA.
These users thanked the author Kralicek for the post (total 2):
stlcatfanrandallcat85