NFL Preseason

The defending Big XII Champions
Tbonespop

Re: NFL Preseason

Post by Tbonespop » August 14th, 2023, 8:38 pm

tmcats wrote:
August 14th, 2023, 2:23 pm
nub fans not happy with kade. lol.

“I was a walk-on and no one wanted me,” Kade said in May. “Didn’t have any offers. Went to Nebraska, they didn’t want me. Went to Kansas State, took a couple years, finally got there, didn’t get drafted. So it’s been a lot of twists and turns and a lot of adversity, so to be here, to put on this jersey, to go out there and play football — it’s literally just a dream come true for me.”

https://nypost.com/2023/08/12/kurt-warn ... wl-memory/

A lot like his old man. I would never under estimate a Warner, they just keep proving people wrong at every level along the way. So many NFL scouts get hung up on measurables and they forget to look for football players. Some guys are just that "football players". Their production can't be ignored, but scouts do it all the time because all scouts are most of the time are former players who no longer play. So many of these players, coaches, etc are just regular guys getting paid a shit ton of money to coach or be involved in a kids game. They aren't rocket scientists.
These users thanked the author Tbonespop for the post (total 4):
randallcat85stlcatfanPurpleOnWhitekswildcat
EMAW

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » August 14th, 2023, 11:37 pm

While I agree on Warner, scouts are paid to find talent that can contribute and most don't want to take chances and look stupid. Somebody thought enough of Warner to give him a shot though, so kudos to them but it's easy for us to sit here and criticize them for missing on some guys. If you went around and saw the guys they get to see first hand, Kade wouldn't likely make your list either. These guys see phenomenal talent, day in and day out, and unless you spend a trememdous amount of time with Kade he isn't going to stand out. I can totally understand scouts overlooking him. I hope he capitalizes on his opportunity. I'm rooting for him.
These users thanked the author wild@nite for the post:
randallcat85

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » August 15th, 2023, 9:01 am

tmcats wrote:
August 14th, 2023, 2:23 pm
nub fans not happy with kade. lol.

“I was a walk-on and no one wanted me,” Kade said in May. “Didn’t have any offers. Went to Nebraska, they didn’t want me. Went to Kansas State, took a couple years, finally got there, didn’t get drafted. So it’s been a lot of twists and turns and a lot of adversity, so to be here, to put on this jersey, to go out there and play football — it’s literally just a dream come true for me.”

https://nypost.com/2023/08/12/kurt-warn ... wl-memory/

well, they really didn't want him (even though he was a captain) at Nubbie land.

that said: this is GREAT press for KState and talented, good kids who might want to come here. arguably, Kade didn't make a HUGE splash while here (not a number 1 receiver)... but boy was he clutch at times and I loved watching him play.
These users thanked the author KITNooga for the post:
randallcat85
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » August 19th, 2023, 9:54 pm

Duece has a 21 yd punt return. Which is the Cowboys highlight
These users thanked the author SCKSCat for the post:
randallcat85

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » August 20th, 2023, 9:47 am

With Sproles and now Deuce K-State is famous for sensational small backs. But they were not the first.

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=69896421 ... yb24&ntb=1

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=b0cc8d42 ... EUkU&ntb=1
These users thanked the author katlander for the post (total 2):
randallcat85stlcatfan

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » August 21st, 2023, 5:22 pm

Philadelphia cut Ty.

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » August 21st, 2023, 5:30 pm

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/spo ... 636737007/
Skylar had a good day against the Texans. Three touchdown passes.
Looks like he may be #2.

“I thought Skylar did a great job handling everything,” McDaniel said. “You want to see from him how fast he was getting in and out of the huddle. You could tell it was an emphasis from him as well as it was for me, and he didn’t get bogged down with a play. There were some plays that he’d want back, but then he continued to press forward and try to make some plays, and I think he did a great job of that, some on-schedule, some off-schedule, and the key will be to go watch the tape and get better from that moving forward.”
These users thanked the author SCKSCat for the post (total 2):
randallcat85stlcatfan

KSUbetcha

Post by KSUbetcha » August 22nd, 2023, 8:07 am

SCKSCat wrote:
August 19th, 2023, 9:54 pm
Duece has a 21 yd punt return. Which is the Cowboys highlight
I think Deuce looks even faster in the pros than he did in college. Maybe it's the extra large linemen he's running behind keeps him hidden. Then, when he gets an opening behind those Cowboy giant oaks, he kicks in the afterburners. Wish the Chiefs would've spent a draft pick on him, but he seems to be excelling in Big D.
These users thanked the author KSUbetcha for the post (total 2):
randallcat85stlcatfan

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » August 22nd, 2023, 10:14 am

disappointing the chiefs don't play the boys this fall. i'd love to see deuce take them apart. :D
Why is there something rather than nothing?

02Cat

Pick 'Em

Post by 02Cat » August 23rd, 2023, 10:44 am

SCKSCat wrote:
August 21st, 2023, 5:30 pm
https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/spo ... 636737007/
Skylar had a good day against the Texans. Three touchdown passes.
Looks like he may be #2.

“I thought Skylar did a great job handling everything,” McDaniel said. “You want to see from him how fast he was getting in and out of the huddle. You could tell it was an emphasis from him as well as it was for me, and he didn’t get bogged down with a play. There were some plays that he’d want back, but then he continued to press forward and try to make some plays, and I think he did a great job of that, some on-schedule, some off-schedule, and the key will be to go watch the tape and get better from that moving forward.”
Is this McDaniels way of saying they lost in the playoffs last year because Sky couldn't get the play to the team and out of the huddle to the line? It sure looked, to me, like Skylar was looking to the sideline waiting for them to get their stuff together and get the call in to him in that game @ Buffalo...
These users thanked the author 02Cat for the post:
randallcat85
Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure. - George Carlin