unfortunately, we can't seem to move on ...

The defending Big XII Champions
tmcats

Pick 'Em

unfortunately, we can't seem to move on ...

Post by tmcats » June 13th, 2022, 1:04 pm

The Love for K-State Keeps Thompson Going

June 13, 2022
By D. Scott Fritchen

Wyatt Thompson has an amazing second-story corner office in the Shamrock Zone. From his east window, he can study the day-by-day progress of the football indoor practice facility construction while his north window faces the Vanier Family Football Complex. He office bleeds purple.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

kstueve

Post by kstueve » June 13th, 2022, 1:22 pm

nothing worse than Wyatt Vision.

.. the team is moving from left to right.
... the cats are dressed in gray today.
These users thanked the author kstueve for the post:
tmcats

ksume2000

Post by ksume2000 » June 13th, 2022, 4:27 pm

You guys are pretty hard on Wyatt. I spend a lot of time in a tractor or combine during college football season and hear a lot of games. Of course I'd rather watch it live or on TV. You miss so much on the radio. But I listen to KU games too and about anything that's on the radio on a Saturday. I can tell you that as lacking as Wyattvision is in many ways, he is much, MUCH better than any other play by play guy in the area. I mean, seriously, have you guys ever listened to Brian Hanni? Spend a few hours listening to a KU game and you'll be begging to hear Wyatt's voice again.
These users thanked the author ksume2000 for the post (total 8):
KITNoogaKatmandew1984Section 12-2bhoovyWildcatEngineerpurpleprairiecatKralicek02Cat

kcsinger

Post by kcsinger » June 13th, 2022, 4:33 pm

ksume2000 wrote:
June 13th, 2022, 4:27 pm
You guys are pretty hard on Wyatt. I spend a lot of time in a tractor or combine during college football season and hear a lot of games. Of course I'd rather watch it live or on TV. You miss so much on the radio. But I listen to KU games too and about anything that's on the radio on a Saturday. I can tell you that as lacking as Wyattvision is in many ways, he is much, MUCH better than any other play by play guy in the area. I mean, seriously, have you guys ever listened to Brian Hanni? Spend a few hours listening to a KU game and you'll be begging to hear Wyatt's voice again.
Amen to the KU announcers:

I was watching a game on TV and had the KU announcers on and I was wondering if I had the correct game on. I know everyone has homers for announcers but KU is terrible.

kstueve

Post by kstueve » June 13th, 2022, 4:35 pm

how hard is it to know which way the press box faces and give me the team moving north to south? A little less about the colors the team picked today. And K-State is paying his check so how about excitement in his voice when the cats do good and disappointment or disgust when the other team does? Yes I want a "Bob Davis" type Homer

ToledoCat#3
Has thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#3 » June 13th, 2022, 4:42 pm

I see nothing wrong with Wyatt. There's much at KSU that needs to be changed/improved other than Mr. Thompson. His sheer dedication to KSU is worth quite a lot to me.
These users thanked the author ToledoCat#3 for the post (total 4):
Katmandew1984bhoovyRusty7777danvet82

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » June 13th, 2022, 7:25 pm

wyatt is awful. a country bumpkin if ever i heard one.

ku fans loathe haney as well. anyone listening on their tractor to ku football games deserves a bad ear infection for it. maybe it's schadenfreude, i don't know.

wyatt followed a long list of great broadcasters including the last one, mitch holtus. before him greg sharpe who left over wefald's kerfuffle with the topeka flagship. that was a sad day.

brian smoller is sitting in the wings waiting for gene to pull the plug on wyattvision. surely there's a day coming.
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
Wildcat7073
Why is there something rather than nothing?

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » June 13th, 2022, 7:38 pm

tmcats wrote:
June 13th, 2022, 7:25 pm
wyatt is awful. a country bumpkin if ever i heard one.

ku fans loathe haney as well. anyone listening on their tractor to ku football games deserves a bad ear infection for it. maybe it's schadenfreude, i don't know.

wyatt followed a long list of great broadcasters including the last one, mitch holtus. before him greg sharpe who left over wefald's kerfuffle with the topeka flagship. that was a sad day.

brian smoller is sitting in the wings waiting for gene to pull the plug on wyattvision. surely there's a day coming.
for what it's worth, I remember folks who hated Mitch Holthus...
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Post by WildcatEngineer » June 14th, 2022, 6:24 am

Wyatt has won like 20 straight Kansas Broadcaster of the Year awards (that is a little hyperbole). I believe it shows that he represents his profession and KSU with dignity and honor.

KSU has been blessed with Fred White, Dev Nelson, Jay Payton, Greg Sharpe, Stan Weber, Steve Physioc, and above all Mitch Holthus. I am forgetting a WIBW announcer.

Anyone remember Dev's signature call? That man could slide that thing out like velvet.

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » June 14th, 2022, 8:17 am

WildcatEngineer wrote:
June 14th, 2022, 6:24 am

KSU has been blessed with Fred White, Dev Nelson, Jay Payton, Greg Sharpe, Stan Weber, Steve Physioc, and above all Mitch Holthus. I am forgetting a WIBW announcer.
Ron Paradis?
These users thanked the author stlcatfan for the post:
WildcatEngineer
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln