The defending Big XII Champions
kswildcat

Re: FIRE MESSINGHAM

Post by kswildcat » November 27th, 2021, 9:54 pm

Tbonespop wrote:
November 27th, 2021, 9:12 pm
NECatFan wrote:
November 27th, 2021, 9:06 pm
Enjoy watching teams with good/imaginative offenses going back and forth in the ou/OSU game. Fondly remember when the cats used to have a good/imaginative offense... And a solid defense. Seems like forever ago, and seems like we’re getting further away all the time.

Watching these offenses, it’s no wonder K-State can’t hold onto recruits if either of these teams, or many, many others, show any interest at all. No kids want to play in this antiquated offense!

Way past time to get rid of the mess and start rebuilding the offense, while continuing to improve the defense!

No word on press conference yet?
This all started with Snyder and his "slow down the offense to help out the defense" approach. Klieman has continued that approach. EF that. Terrible mentality. Build a high power offense to score points and a sound defense to get stops. Play offense to score points. Each unit needs to their job.
That is so true. I remember criticizing Snyder many times on this forum for playing offense “not to lose”!

kswildcat

Post by kswildcat » November 27th, 2021, 9:59 pm

Fire the Mess!

PNW Cat

Post by PNW Cat » November 27th, 2021, 10:09 pm

kswildcat wrote:
November 27th, 2021, 9:54 pm
Tbonespop wrote:
November 27th, 2021, 9:12 pm

This all started with Snyder and his "slow down the offense to help out the defense" approach. Klieman has continued that approach. EF that. Terrible mentality. Build a high power offense to score points and a sound defense to get stops. Play offense to score points. Each unit needs to their job.
That is so true. I remember criticizing Snyder many times on this forum for playing offense “not to lose”!
Yeah, I hate this mentality too. If we can't put a team together that can complete without working the clock the entire game then we don't belong in a Power 5 conference. We shouldn't be winning games by "gaming the system." I can understand doing it when there is 6 minutes left and we have an 8 point lead, but to do it the entire game is a pathetic way to plan a game. That's like admitting we don't belong on the same field as the other team.
These users thanked the author PNW Cat for the post:
opcatzen

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » November 28th, 2021, 10:06 am

kstater2000 wrote:
November 20th, 2021, 8:39 pm
This isn't based on just one play. It is a culmination of many things. WR's can't get open, and who is the WR coach? MESSINGHAM. Instead of calling quick out passing plays, a lot of the plays have been too long to develop. The 3 and outs are killing us.
so I'm not on the FIRE bandwagon. never will be no matter who it is. unless we're talking 'showering with under-age kids'... that being said, am also a HUGE fan of malik knowles. think the kid has 'sunday talent'.

which makes it frustrating that we can't seem to get the ball to him much beyond sweeps. don't see much tape of his route running. but open WRs would seem to be a big part of THEIR job.

Friday sucked. we really, truly needed Skyler. But that wasn't the hand we were dealt.

I'm still not seeing how this all falls on the shoulders of Mess...
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

ChemicalKat

Post by ChemicalKat » November 28th, 2021, 10:38 am

Checking in, is he fired yet?

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » November 28th, 2021, 11:38 am

KITNooga wrote:
November 28th, 2021, 10:06 am
kstater2000 wrote:
November 20th, 2021, 8:39 pm
This isn't based on just one play. It is a culmination of many things. WR's can't get open, and who is the WR coach? MESSINGHAM. Instead of calling quick out passing plays, a lot of the plays have been too long to develop. The 3 and outs are killing us.
so I'm not on the FIRE bandwagon. never will be no matter who it is. unless we're talking 'showering with under-age kids'... that being said, am also a HUGE fan of malik knowles. think the kid has 'sunday talent'.

which makes it frustrating that we can't seem to get the ball to him much beyond sweeps. don't see much tape of his route running. but open WRs would seem to be a big part of THEIR job.

Friday sucked. we really, truly needed Skyler. But that wasn't the hand we were dealt.

I'm still not seeing how this all falls on the shoulders of Mess...
After watching BOTH 4th quarter 3rd and 1, then 4th and 1 play calls, how in sam hell can you still not support firing Mess? That was High school JV play calling level, possibly pop warner. You line up your 6-4”, 240 lb QB under center and run two sneaks to get a half yard needed to keep the chains moving. That was remedial. Then if the offense can’t get a half yard with multiple QB sneaks, then that gets put on the players.

And Klein as a QB coach? Give me a break. It’s one thing if it were just Will lacking proper development, what about Lewis and Rubley? We have 4 scholarship QBs, and this is the best we have? I have continually and will keep on beating the drum that Will Howard has the physical tools to be a very good P5 QB. Where is his development progress? He’s been in the program for 2.5 seasons now. This game should have been a showcase of what he can do next year. No Bueno.
These users thanked the author Tbonespop for the post (total 2):
kswildcatKSalum1201
EMAW

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » November 28th, 2021, 11:51 am

ChemicalKat wrote:
November 28th, 2021, 10:38 am
Checking in, is he fired yet?
This needs to be a 100 pager. Whatever fan pressure we can put on, we should.
EMAW

ksustars754
Has thanked: 0

Post by ksustars754 » November 28th, 2021, 12:41 pm

There are other threads but to keep this one growing for our unity and goal, I’ll post thoughts here.

Yesterday was a phenomenal day of college football and in particular I focused on short yardage downs. I was thinking “maybe I’m being too hard on our OC, let’s see how other teams do it.” In every situation, the offense succeeded or atleast attempted a play that makes sense. Get your lineman moving forward. Get someone the ball with forward momentum. Don’t overthink it.

There are very few instances where a couple of plays can literally cost someone their job. And this (hopeful) firing is much more cumulative than these few plays. However, due to the best friend’s circumstances, the cumulative would likely be justified away so these few plays will be the end of Mess.

I don’t know how you can possibly look at your offensive players and instill any confidence. I mean just look at their quotes, they are littered with “we are better than them”, “we should have won” type of statements. Those are indictments on the staff whether the players intentionally meant it or not.

Wyldkatz

Post by Wyldkatz » November 28th, 2021, 12:45 pm

I will definitely not be buying tickets next year if Messingham is still here. I love watching these kids compete, but to have it all taken away because of an incompetent OC is just too frustrating. It won't be long before these kids start giving up on this coaching staff. Would you bust your ass when your manager sets you up for failure regardless? If the average fan can see the ineptitude of our offensive coordinator, then you better believe the players see it.

KLA1979
Been thanked: 0

Post by KLA1979 » November 28th, 2021, 12:48 pm

Players have to frustrated with the coaching staff. They have lost games that were lost due to poor coaching.