31 Days til the Bat Cats are back

Discussion about the bat cats, volleyball, and any other wildcat athletic team!
BronxCat
Has thanked: 0

31 Days til the Bat Cats are back

Post by BronxCat » January 13th, 2020, 10:43 pm

https://twitter.com/KStateBSB/status/12 ... 33665?s=20

Feeling like this team is gonna have a lot of talent, can't wait to see what kind of splash they make

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » January 14th, 2020, 12:01 am

Sounds like they may potentially have the starting pitching to really compete. Hoping to see a team that can make a real run at the post season.

oldcat59

Post by oldcat59 » January 14th, 2020, 9:26 am

Hate to be too optimistic ...... but this could be a turn-around year! Looks like some good pitching and a bunch of good in-fielders! Eager to see what happens.

BronxCat

Post by BronxCat » January 14th, 2020, 8:24 pm

I'm optimistic given the solid pitching core they got brewing. Just gotta hope the bats are there to support the pitching which, so far, they look to be.

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » January 17th, 2020, 10:11 pm

Don't know if any of you have already seen this, but I thought I would put a link here. Pretty neat stuff. I think back to what the baseball facilities looked like when I was a student at K-State back in the 80s compared to what they are now. Amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRuBGH9dyzE
"The whole future lies in uncertainty: live immediately.” -- Seneca

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » January 18th, 2020, 4:44 pm

Thanks, that looks awesome. All the renovations they’ve done have to help tremendously with recruiting. Again, looking forward to the season.

purpleprairiecat
Location: Spokane, WA but lived in Manhattan, KS for many years.

Post by purpleprairiecat » January 19th, 2020, 5:47 pm

bhoovy wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 4:44 pm
Thanks, that looks awesome. All the renovations they’ve done have to help tremendously with recruiting. Again, looking forward to the season.
I am looking forward to the season too, but some former season ticket holders are going to be disappointed to know that they will not be able to renew their tickets for reserved seats. In a new marketing strategy, the Athletic Department is selling reserved seats only in Sections 1, 2, and 7. For several years, I held season reserved seats in Section 8. All previous holders of reserved season tickets received a letter and a follow-up phone call last November from the Athletic Department. The way it was explained to me is that the number of reserved seats available for baseball is being greatly reduced starting this season. Section 8, the location of my previous reserved season tickets, will now be general admission chairback seats. I was told that if I placed a deposit of $50 ($25 per ticket), I could get on the list for the limited number of reserved tickets with no guarantee that I would be able to receive reserved tickets. I complained about this new marketing strategy in an email message to AD Gene Taylor. Here is part of his response:

"With the renovations at baseball it has allowed us to take a closer look at our seating in terms of reserved and general admission. What we were seeing was many of our reserved seats go unused during the games and when we have larger crowds people see empty seats in many of the best locations. So we did an analysis of those who use their tickets and those that don't to figure out what the best way to approach it was going to be. So our goal is to get those that don't use their tickets very much to consider GA tickets so those that utilize their tickets regularly would move into the reserved seats. "

I was disappointed in this response because, like other fans, I have to work and often cannot get to afternoon games until the game is already in progress. I was only going to buy reserved seats or no seats at all. Fortunately, I have held season tickets for football, men's basketball, and women's basketball for many years, so I had enough points to receive an offer of season reserved seats in Section 7, which I accepted. Unfortunately, I suspect that quite a few long-time fans will not be able to renew their season reserved seats.

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » January 19th, 2020, 8:20 pm

Yeah I can see both sides. Hopefully it will work out for those that want reserved seats.

Hope your seats turn out to be a better option for you and the cats have a great season for you to enjoy them.

PurpleOnWhite

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleOnWhite » January 20th, 2020, 8:57 am

purpleprairiecat wrote:
January 19th, 2020, 5:47 pm
bhoovy wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 4:44 pm
I am looking forward to the season too, but some former season ticket holders are going to be disappointed to know that they will not be able to renew their tickets for reserved seats. In a new marketing strategy, the Athletic Department is selling reserved seats only in Sections 1, 2, and 7. For several years, I held season reserved seats in Section 8. All previous holders of reserved season tickets received a letter and a follow-up phone call last November from the Athletic Department. The way it was explained to me is that the number of reserved seats available for baseball is being greatly reduced starting this season. Section 8, the location of my previous reserved season tickets, will now be general admission chairback seats. I was told that if I placed a deposit of $50 ($25 per ticket), I could get on the list for the limited number of reserved tickets with no guarantee that I would be able to receive reserved tickets. I complained about this new marketing strategy in an email message to AD Gene Taylor. Here is part of his response:

"With the renovations at baseball it has allowed us to take a closer look at our seating in terms of reserved and general admission. What we were seeing was many of our reserved seats go unused during the games and when we have larger crowds people see empty seats in many of the best locations. So we did an analysis of those who use their tickets and those that don't to figure out what the best way to approach it was going to be. So our goal is to get those that don't use their tickets very much to consider GA tickets so those that utilize their tickets regularly would move into the reserved seats. "

I was disappointed in this response because, like other fans, I have to work and often cannot get to afternoon games until the game is already in progress. I was only going to buy reserved seats or no seats at all. Fortunately, I have held season tickets for football, men's basketball, and women's basketball for many years, so I had enough points to receive an offer of season reserved seats in Section 7, which I accepted. Unfortunately, I suspect that quite a few long-time fans will not be able to renew their season reserved seats.
Interesting response by GT. Their analysis was likely 90% financial so I guess he’s banking on making more revenue by selling the best seats on a game by game basis versus the guaranteed revenue from season ticket sales.

purpleprairiecat
Location: Spokane, WA but lived in Manhattan, KS for many years.

Post by purpleprairiecat » January 20th, 2020, 10:54 am

PurpleOnWhite wrote:
January 20th, 2020, 8:57 am
purpleprairiecat wrote:
January 19th, 2020, 5:47 pm

Interesting response by GT. Their analysis was likely 90% financial so I guess he’s banking on making more revenue by selling the best seats on a game by game basis versus the guaranteed revenue from season ticket sales.
That was my interpretation of his response too. However, I think it is possible that someone else in the Athletic Department made this decision about this new marketing strategy for baseball. AD Taylor may just be going along with someone's idea. It will be interesting how this works out. The Athletic Department is running a risk of making some loyal fans mad. It is unbelievable to me that the Athletic Department would even consider a marketing strategy that prevents season ticket holders from renewing their reserved seats.