Baseball beats first place Bears

Discussion about the bat cats, volleyball, and any other wildcat athletic team!
WIldWIllieCat
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Baseball beats first place Bears

Post by WIldWIllieCat » May 6th, 2019, 3:56 pm

LoL....too true, presidents aren't necessarily "academics"(though some clearly rose from those ranks) because of their obligations to the financial bottom-line.

wazucat

Post by wazucat » May 7th, 2019, 4:30 pm

tmcats wrote:
May 6th, 2019, 12:12 pm
baylor's a really fine academic school. it's a pretty campus. and they hire good coaches. i watched all three games. not much separation between the two teams. k-state has some fine young freshmen pitchers.
Academic ranking and perception is just an opinion, Baylor compared to Stanford :rofl: Baylor compared to KSU or TTech :| in any event if there were any justice Baylor would have been booted from the Big12 years ago. Ann Richards, the curse that keeps on giving.

TerranceJ
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by TerranceJ » May 14th, 2019, 7:35 am

wazucat wrote:
May 7th, 2019, 4:30 pm
tmcats wrote:
May 6th, 2019, 12:12 pm
baylor's a really fine academic school. it's a pretty campus. and they hire good coaches. i watched all three games. not much separation between the two teams. k-state has some fine young freshmen pitchers.
Academic ranking and perception is just an opinion, Baylor compared to Stanford :rofl: Baylor compared to KSU or TTech :| in any event if there were any justice Baylor would have been booted from the Big12 years ago. Ann Richards, the curse that keeps on giving.
You're right. It's silly to compare the academic caliber of schools overall, because each school may have a specific area in which they focus and are strong. Baylor is perceived well overall, but they don't necessarily stand out in any one area. For instance, the best Engineers I work with are from A&M and Tech. They are considered better engineering schools. It all depends in what discipline you are involved in. I would rather send my kid to K-State or TTech and pay public school tuition, than send them to Baylor and pay private school tuition. If they were Harvard, Rice, Stanford, etc., then yeah maybe, but Baylor just doesn't have the same notoriety nationwide to justify the cost.

Zoltar

Post by Zoltar » May 14th, 2019, 9:26 pm

It appears to me that Texas must win 2 more games this weekend than we do for them to go to the championship over us. If they go 2-1 and we are swept they go and we are done.

I posted this weeks ago, but why do we always seem to be fighting for last team in?
Win the dang day!

PurpleOnWhite

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleOnWhite » May 16th, 2019, 7:19 am

Zoltar wrote:
May 14th, 2019, 9:26 pm
It appears to me that Texas must win 2 more games this weekend than we do for them to go to the championship over us. If they go 2-1 and we are swept they go and we are done.

I posted this weeks ago, but why do we always seem to be fighting for last team in?
Maybe because that’s been the state of our program for the past several years? The team seemed to have improved the latter part of the season. Hopefully enough to get to the Big 12 tournament and not get swept early.