Track signees

Discussion about the bat cats, volleyball, and any other wildcat athletic team!
Kralicek

Re: Track signees

Post by Kralicek » October 15th, 2023, 4:07 pm

AlabamaLane wrote:
October 14th, 2023, 12:00 pm
I posted about the track signees a few months ago. This morning, Josephine Wanjiku, one of the two Kenyan women signees, won the cross country race in Virginia over 167 competitors. The women’s team was also victorious in a field of 15 competing teams. The other Kenyan signee has not competed this fall. I don’t know if it is an injury or eligibility situation.
Thanks for posting, I had seen that Josephine had won this last meet and wondered if she might be one of the Kenyan gals. There is no bio of her on the KSU web site.
These users thanked the author Kralicek for the post:
randallcat85

MGPcat

Post by MGPcat » October 27th, 2023, 10:31 pm

They’ve thrived on throws and jumps, sometimes multis, and some sprints, hurdles and relays sprinkled in. We never seem to have good pole vaulters (KU usually has a bunch) and not much distance. I would like to see more focus on building a championship squad on the women’s side- that would probably be easier than men. But it seems like recruiting has dropped off in the last few years. It will be interesting to see what the Kenyan girls do in track- there are potentially a lot of points to be had there.

And multis frustrate me- so much goes into an event that has no more point value than anything else.