Iowa St at K-State, Sat., 2:30 PM, ESPN2

The defending Big XII Champions
Tbonespop

Re: Iowa St at K-State, Sat., 2:30 PM, ESPN2

Post by Tbonespop » November 25th, 2017, 8:22 pm

NMcat wrote:I'd give game balls to Thompson, Zuber, the Defense…. and a special one for Sean Snyder. He sparked the team right when they needed it. Didn't know he had it in him.

His sideline rant turned Napageddon back into Farmageddon!
I'd give a game ball to Warmack too. Without his play, no way we can win. He was crucial to getting the W today. He did what no one else could do (except for Silmon on one run), slice and dice the ISU defense. Warmack is special and needs more touches. JMHO
EMAW

ChemicalKat

Post by ChemicalKat » November 25th, 2017, 8:22 pm

section12 wrote:Sean Snyder should have been pissed. I agree with the post above. His actions may have had an impact on the refs decisions later in the game.
Anyone have a video of this? Must have missed it.

Opensource
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Opensource » November 25th, 2017, 8:33 pm

A few game observations: 1) Iowa State played their third string QB (not the same team that beat OU), 2) Snyder outed Waters at the press conference saying he hadn’t played another team that knew their offensive signals before and tried to block ISU view, 3) Snyder complained about lack of pass plays, 4) the students didn’t show up and many others left on very nice night.

Wildcat69

Post by Wildcat69 » November 25th, 2017, 8:40 pm

Kemp started at OU I thought? Who are the first and second string QBs at Iowa State?
Opensource wrote:A few game observations: 1) Iowa State played their third string QB (not the same team that beat OU), 2) Snyder outed Waters at the press conference saying he hadn’t played another team that knew their offensive signals before and tried to block ISU view, 3) Snyder complained about lack of pass plays, 4) the students didn’t show up and many others left on very nice night.

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » November 25th, 2017, 8:49 pm

Wildcat69 wrote:Kemp started at OU I thought? Who are the first and second string QBs at Iowa State?
Opensource wrote:A few game observations: 1) Iowa State played their third string QB (not the same team that beat OU), 2) Snyder outed Waters at the press conference saying he hadn’t played another team that knew their offensive signals before and tried to block ISU view, 3) Snyder complained about lack of pass plays, 4) the students didn’t show up and many others left on very nice night.
Kempt is NOT their 3rd string QB and he was the QB that beat OU and TCU. Lanning converted to LB. Kempt was a highly recruited QB out of HS and was their most talented QB - he should have been the starter all season - had he been, they would have beaten UT. Thankfully he was a 5th year SR and is gone. The big loss for ISU was their all conference RB. If he doesn't get hurt, doubtful we can win. But injuries are part of the game - as we know.

And if Snyder didn't know other teams knew their signals this season, then he needs to get his eyesight checked. It could be seen from my TV on multiple games this year.
EMAW

Tulsacat

Post by Tulsacat » November 25th, 2017, 8:50 pm

http://www.espn.com/college-football/re ... =400934523

Kepf started OU game. His first start

NECatFan

Pick 'Em

Post by NECatFan » November 25th, 2017, 8:51 pm

"A few game observations: 1) Iowa State played their third string QB (not the same team that beat OU), 2) Snyder outed Waters at the press conference saying he hadn’t played another team that knew their offensive signals before and tried to block ISU view, 3) Snyder complained about lack of pass plays, 4) the students didn’t show up and many others left on very nice night."

Comments from previous games (TCU and WVU) indicated that opposing defenses knew what we were going to run before the snap as well. Wouldn't think it would take much to figure out signals for the three plays that are run for most of the game.

Tulsacat

Post by Tulsacat » November 25th, 2017, 9:18 pm

I went back and reviewed the last few isu games. They must really hate playing KSU. No matter what they do they end up losing.

KSU_1987

Post by KSU_1987 » November 25th, 2017, 9:40 pm

Fullypersuaded wrote:In a round about way, maybe Sean Snyder going ballistic helped us. I believe that was a bad call that ruined that big return. After that, the refs pick up flags on two huge plays. The late hit call and the no call against Duke Shelley. Both those calls in ISU's favor, I don't think we win this game.

Hats off to Sean. It was like a "Bill Self, Bobby Huggins" tongue lashing.
I think Sean going ballistic was absolutely what we needed to get everybody fired up. After that fiasco it's like the coaches and players said to the refs "screw, you, we're winning this game"!

Fullypersuaded

Post by Fullypersuaded » November 25th, 2017, 9:40 pm

I listened to post game as well. Apparently Skylar didn't practice until Thanksgiving. He had an undisclosed injury. I'd guess it's a knee injury. That's part of the reason he didn't run much perhaps. As far as stealing the signals, Snyder said they had someone signaling from the tunnel, since Waters knew their signals. Thompson said it was hard having to look that far for signals.

No doubt I'm pro Warmack. I just re-watched the 4th qtr and he really got us some crucial yards.