Conference minutes per game next year

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
tmcats

Pick 'Em

Re: Conference minutes per game next year

Post by tmcats » April 10th, 2018, 7:56 am

this thread tells me there's not much to talk about. ;-)
Why is there something rather than nothing?

Puffdad

Post by Puffdad » April 10th, 2018, 8:09 am

Come on tmcats! Give us your minutes! Next year everybody will say, “ I knew he was going to be good and play a lot more minutes!”

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 10th, 2018, 8:35 am

the math is too testing for me. and i have to go to class shortly. i do believe, if healthy, this will be k-state's best team since mitch richmond's.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

Puffdad

Post by Puffdad » April 10th, 2018, 9:03 am

And your the numbers guy!

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » April 10th, 2018, 9:16 am

I think Shaun Williams will reshirt, unless he shows he is can be an impact guy. Kam, Cartier, McGuil, are all going to get solid double-digit minutes. Barry will get 34+minutes/game, and Xavier 28-30. It just doesn't leave a lot of time for another PG. I understand we'll play 2PG's often, but still, I don't see Barry and Xavier giving up many(if any) minutes from last season, unless the game is already in hand.

With Amaad likely leaving, that opens up time for somebody to back up the 3, which I would expect to be one of our guards(along with a few minutes from Patrick). But still, just only so many minutes to go around.

xtrawildcat

Post by xtrawildcat » April 10th, 2018, 9:28 am

Always too many players for the minutes this time of year and then about mid way through the Big 12, not enough good players for the minutes. Lets hope this year is the exception. Be nice to be able to throw some more defensive wrinkles in this year such as bmore half court traps and pressure. (Not too much but just some new wrinkles to keep offenses from getting comfortable)

Gorhoops

Post by Gorhoops » April 10th, 2018, 9:59 am

Hopefully the addition of Trice can cut Dean's minutes to 34 or so, but listening to that interview with Lowery it is pretty obvious they don't want to go too long without him on the floor, and of course none of us want that, but hopefully they find a way to give him a couple of minutes in the first 10, a couple in the second 10, and a couple in the first 10 of the second half.

Barry will still play 37 or more a game. Kam will play a lot of minutes as well. I do expect to see more of Mak at the 4 when Dean sits and Trice or whoever at the 5, as that is what I would expect to see in 2019-2020. I think Mak is a natural 4, at least he wants to be a 4.

Do wish we had another 6'6" wing in the mold of X or Wes, but if X needs to rest, I would bet unless Patrick really steps it up, we will just see three guards a lot in that scenario. Barry can guard anyone, so no big deal to play 3 guards if X needs a rest.

I could definitely see Trice and Dean playing together a lot. Trice's rebouding will be nice to put next to Dean. One thing that I like from that video is Trice's ability and willingness to just go dunk anything and everything. I wish Mak had that mindset. Now, juco is not the Big 12, but with his athleticism, if he gets an angle, he can dunk a lot in the Big 12 as well. Just go dunk the dang thing, which he should do a lot playing with Dean Wade, the best passing Big in America.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » April 10th, 2018, 10:37 am

Gorhoops wrote:Hopefully the addition of Trice can cut Dean's minutes to 34 or so, but listening to that interview with Lowery it is pretty obvious they don't want to go too long without him on the floor, and of course none of us want that, but hopefully they find a way to give him a couple of minutes in the first 10, a couple in the second 10, and a couple in the first 10 of the second half.

Barry will still play 37 or more a game. Kam will play a lot of minutes as well. I do expect to see more of Mak at the 4 when Dean sits and Trice or whoever at the 5, as that is what I would expect to see in 2019-2020. I think Mak is a natural 4, at least he wants to be a 4.

Do wish we had another 6'6" wing in the mold of X or Wes, but if X needs to rest, I would bet unless Patrick really steps it up, we will just see three guards a lot in that scenario. Barry can guard anyone, so no big deal to play 3 guards if X needs a rest.

I could definitely see Trice and Dean playing together a lot. Trice's rebouding will be nice to put next to Dean. One thing that I like from that video is Trice's ability and willingness to just go dunk anything and everything. I wish Mak had that mindset. Now, juco is not the Big 12, but with his athleticism, if he gets an angle, he can dunk a lot in the Big 12 as well. Just go dunk the dang thing, which he should do a lot playing with Dean Wade, the best passing Big in America.
I'm leaning a lot your way Gor. I can see Trice spelling Dean in certain situations but I see him more as the 5. His PT will of course depend on his development AND Mawien's. I certainly agree on the dunks. I think Dean can hit him anywhere, anytime for the dunk.

It would be very nice to have someone getting some minutes behind X to get ready for next year but life, and recruiting, isn't perfect.

Don't know anything about Williams but we're still lacking a true point. If he can come in and do some of those things, he will get some minutes. As stated, Barry can defend about anyone. It would be nice if McGuirl and Diarra, with their size, could put in some time on the defensive end as a 3.

If Trice works out as everyone thinks, we're going to be a very versatile team. Better 3-pt shooting would be great for these guys.

As Lowrey indicated, Dean is going to play a LOT especially during conference season. If he can stay out at the 4 and not have to bang so much the minutes shouldn't be as tough.

Puffdad

Post by Puffdad » April 10th, 2018, 10:44 am

I think Dean will be at the 3 when they rest X. A few minutes of Dean at the 3, Mak at the 4 and Trice at the 5 could be interesting.

Sir Ocelot

Post by Sir Ocelot » April 10th, 2018, 11:25 am

I will predict the following, assuming no injuries.

X. Sneed - 32
B. Brown - 30
D. Wade - 30
K. Stokes - 28
M. Mawien - 22
C. Diarra - 18
A. Trice - 16
M. McGuirl - 10
L. Stockard - 8
J. Love - 6

I expect that Shaun Williams will redshirt and Patrick Muldoon, Brian Patrick, and Nigel Shadd will get some minutes from Levi and James.