KSU vs. ISU part 3

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
powercat95

Re: KSU vs. ISU part 3

Post by powercat95 » March 15th, 2024, 10:03 am

Pretty damn sad when your opponent shoots 1-14 from three and yet you lose by 19. :banghead:

I read that after we cut their lead to 1 we then turned the ball over the next 7 straight possessions.
These users thanked the author powercat95 for the post:
stlcatfan

DeereCatFan

Pick 'Em

Post by DeereCatFan » March 15th, 2024, 10:19 am

powercat95 wrote:
March 15th, 2024, 10:03 am
Pretty damn sad when your opponent shoots 1-14 from three and yet you lose by 19. :banghead:

I read that after we cut their lead to 1 we then turned the ball over the next 7 straight possessions.
Then the lead ballooned to 10 pts, at which point I thought the guys panicked and pressed too much leading to more. Quicksand! 21 TO's Isu took advantage.
I had to chuckle at Rob energy's post game comment saying isu wasn't themselves last Saturday. Well he certainly wasn't himself last night. 18pts career night for him.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 15th, 2024, 10:52 am

that was a brutal game to watch making this morning's afterthoughts uneasy ...

1. this team has gone as dng - he scored zero last night;
2. 20 turnovers is a losing proposition in every game - ten by the starting guards, 14 if you add kaluma;
3. this turnover thingy has to be fixed - castillo and glover should help, can't be any worse than this too-often shiz-show;
4. isu shoots 46%, k-state 38; 81% to 65 from the free throw line - too much disparity between equals, and no, they're not;
5. coach tang makes the dance case afterwards - zero chance of a card, coach;
6. cream rose to the top with baylor, houston, iowa state, and txt - those are the four best this year;
7. the tournament has lost some glow for me with unbalanced schedule - a double bye may be cute, clearly not fair;
8. the building wasn't full - that may be a reflection of my concerns;
9. "farmageddon" is getting heated - our two schools are so much alike that they repel, for me uncomfortably so, when together;
10. maybe an nit is best - like competition - the program needs something positive and a serious infusion of talent lost with na'quan and ques this year - see ku without two starters.
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
stlcatfan
Why is there something rather than nothing?

Snyder

Post by Snyder » March 15th, 2024, 11:25 am

tmcats wrote:
March 15th, 2024, 10:52 am

2. 20 turnovers is a losing proposition in every game - ten by the starting guards, 14 if you add kaluma;
3. this turnover thingy has to be fixed - castillo and glover should help, can't be any worse than this too-often shiz-show;
4. isu shoots 46%, k-state 38; 81% to 65 from the free throw line - too much disparity between equals, and no, they're not;
6. cream rose to the top with baylor, houston, iowa state, and txt - those are the four best this year;
7. the tournament has lost some glow for me with unbalanced schedule - a double bye may be cute, clearly not fair;
9. "farmageddon" is getting heated - our two schools are so much alike that they repel, for me uncomfortably so, when together;
10. maybe an nit is best - like competition - the program needs something positive and a serious infusion of talent lost with na'quan and ques this year - see ku without two starters.

ISU and KSU has gone from friendly rivalry to uncomfortable. We went last Saturday in Manhattan and some obnoxious younger (early 20's) ISU fans were smack dab in front of us. Several mentions of the following were overheard
1. K-State should wear black since they have only black players and coaches. Blatantly racist and not even worthy of a response other than STFU.
2. K-State obviously cheats since no one would come play for a god fanatic, again STFU
3. Is Bill Snyder dead yet?
This is the kind of stuff Cyclone Larry the twitter dipshit says, pretty juvenile and unbecoming if you ask me
These users thanked the author Snyder for the post (total 2):
tmcatsstlcatfan

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » March 15th, 2024, 11:52 am

Snyder wrote:
March 15th, 2024, 11:25 am
tmcats wrote:
March 15th, 2024, 10:52 am

ISU and KSU has gone from friendly rivalry to uncomfortable. We went last Saturday in Manhattan and some obnoxious younger (early 20's) ISU fans were smack dab in front of us. Several mentions of the following were overheard
1. K-State should wear black since they have only black players and coaches. Blatantly racist and not even worthy of a response other than STFU.
2. K-State obviously cheats since no one would come play for a god fanatic, again STFU
This is the kind of stuff Cyclone Larry the twitter dipshit says, pretty juvenile and unbecoming if you ask me

Considering Bill Snyder's record vs. ISU (22-5), I would not like him either if I were an ISU fan. ;-)
These users thanked the author stlcatfan for the post:
Snyder
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

DeereCatFan

Pick 'Em

Post by DeereCatFan » March 15th, 2024, 12:34 pm

I had a conversation with a few Cyclone fans at work this morning. They echoed the same things about the tension between fanbases and regrettably so. They also commented how they appreciated Coach Tang last year, but he has become public enemy #1 for their fans this year. Most stems from the cheating accusation or camera phone. Misunderstood or not, that is how it is perceived and that did the lions share of damage in relations. And if I were sitting in their chairs I'd feel the same way. Last night after the game Coach commented on Perry being the 2nd best flopper in the league after Lypsey. That was the first ire I got this morning. I haven't seen enough Bball this year to know who's a flopper and who isn't. Anyway that comment probably should have been shelved.

Football contributors were how K-State managed to beat ISU for so long in football and some of the fortuitous bounces in farmageddon. I don't mean refs, they were times ISU kind of handed that game back to the Cats with stupid decisions. Their own fault, but....
Another thing at least in my opinion was the continual lovefest for Campbell for so long. My gawd it was thick and I grew tired of hearing it all the time. And now I get to hear Purdy during NFL. ISU had some things to be proud of this year for sure.
Living in Des Moines area this is my take on it. I fricking hate losing to them because I know what the next day of work entails. No I am not cheering for them in Big 12 tourney. Sour grapes I guess or could be I just don't want to hear it.
These users thanked the author DeereCatFan for the post (total 2):
tmcatsstlcatfan

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 15th, 2024, 12:45 pm

facts are stubborn little things. but here's exactly what coach tang said. it's has be completely blown up by isu fanatics and media midgets.

These users thanked the author tmcats for the post:
Snyder
Why is there something rather than nothing?

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » March 15th, 2024, 2:54 pm

Tang profusely praises Osleberger and other coaches all of the time.
Osleberger when asked if K State should be in the NCAA Tournament, he responded (paraphrasing) that he was no expert at such things. Kind of a weeny think to say from different perspectives.