Cats vs Shockers in KC

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
xtrawildcat

Re: Cats vs Shockers in KC

Post by xtrawildcat » December 22nd, 2023, 5:39 pm

kswildcat wrote:
December 22nd, 2023, 5:05 pm
We played well enough to beat a mediocre team. I'm not sure that says much. We certainly don't pass the ball enough and too often settle for one on one. I know I'm old school but I love 5 on 5 basketball!
I saw pick and rolls to both DNG and Mcnair. Saw Perry get some wide open threes due to off ball screens and had passes right to his shooting pocket.
Saw Mcnair isolated in the post with both good and bad results.
We had a lot of good looks in the second half but had a little below average night shooting it.
These users thanked the author xtrawildcat for the post (total 2):
pharaohcatrandallcat85

xtrawildcat

Post by xtrawildcat » December 22nd, 2023, 8:00 pm

bhoovy wrote:
December 22nd, 2023, 4:59 pm
In my opinion I think the game is just a bit too fast for Finister. He seems unsure of himself. Dribbled to basically the free throw line once and never showed any attempt offensively. Never looked at the basket. Just picked up his dribble and looked to pass.

But it also hard to get comfortable when you play so infrequently. And the games you manage to get in is for a handful of minutes. He got 9 last night. And once Glover is back I’m not sure he’ll see the court at all in less we’re in deep foul trouble and/or multiple injuries.

If he manages to stay at KSU I think he won’t have any significance until probably his junior or senior year.
He was filling his role last night. He was not looking for his shot unless WSU had a breakdown
He got in because of how he has played in practice and because Tang wanted a bigger guard. Now he will have to keep competing in practice to keep getting minutes. Have to see where Glovers minutes come from.

Tang comments on Finister:
Dorian, especially the last week or so, has really locked in, and he's done some really good things in practice. We just felt like he could give us something. We don't have a big guard who can switch guard multiple position rebound. There's some other things that he can do. Today he did what we needed him to do.
These users thanked the author xtrawildcat for the post (total 3):
randallcat85stlcatfanSCKSCat

WildcatEngineer

Pick 'Em

Post by WildcatEngineer » December 23rd, 2023, 10:06 am

Big Guard - if there is anything that Tomlin brought it was an athletic big body that could guard just about anybody on the floor. Now that also led to foul issues and questionable rebounding.
These users thanked the author WildcatEngineer for the post:
randallcat85