Hydroxychloroquine

Politics and religion: two polarizing topics that deserve their own little place
ChemicalKat
Posts: 4840
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 9:18 am
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Hydroxychloroquine

Post by ChemicalKat » May 22nd, 2020, 7:02 pm

KITNooga wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 4:13 pm
ChemicalKat wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 2:59 pm


Sure if you want? Ask for the bubblegum flavored HCQ.
perhaps. what other flavors do they have, in your experience? and can I get a 32 ounce version?
No, 64 oz boots only. Das boot.

KITNooga
Posts: 6231
Joined: September 19th, 2017, 8:22 am
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 346 times

Post by KITNooga » May 22nd, 2020, 7:29 pm

ChemicalKat wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 7:02 pm
KITNooga wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 4:13 pm


perhaps. what other flavors do they have, in your experience? and can I get a 32 ounce version?
No, 64 oz boots only. Das boot.
Image

xtrawildcat
Posts: 5463
Joined: February 15th, 2016, 10:41 pm
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 241 times

Post by xtrawildcat » May 23rd, 2020, 2:39 pm

Appears the discussion of Hydroxy as a treatment for Covid is now over.

This is the text of the full study published in the Lancet
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanc ... 6/fulltext

he Lancet is a weekly peer-reviewed general medical journal. It is among the world's oldest and best-known general medical journals.[1]

Puffdad
Moderator
Posts: 4694
Joined: May 28th, 2015, 7:51 pm
Has liked: 432 times
Been liked: 533 times

Post by Puffdad » May 23rd, 2020, 3:48 pm

So they said it didn’t help acting alone.... well duh. They might want to check on the right formula.

xtrawildcat
Posts: 5463
Joined: February 15th, 2016, 10:41 pm
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 241 times

Post by xtrawildcat » May 23rd, 2020, 10:38 pm

Read the study.
HCL held promise due to one small study from France that has since been discredited. As such it held out some promise to help treat Covid.
Maybe you can find something in it to support using HCL as a treatment. The fact 9% of patients in the control group died vs 23.6% with HCL and antibiotic tells me it is time to move on and doctors prescribing it to patients who have Covid are doing harm.

If you are so anxious to make Trump look like a winner, research taking HCL to prevent Covid. That might still be worth researching for some people. Although if Trump was really taking Hydroxy you can be sure he is stopping because he was told this study would be released and wanted to cut his losses on the subject of HC.

From the study:
The treatment groups included 1868 patients who were given chloroquine alone, 3016 given hydroxychloroquine alone, 3783 given chloroquine with a macrolide and 6221 given hydroxychloroquine and a macrolide. The median time from hospitalisation to diagnosis of COVID-19 was 2 days (IQR 1–4). The mean daily dose and duration of the various drug regimens were as follows: chloroquine alone, 765 mg (SD 308) and 6·6 days (2·4); hydroxychloroquine alone, 596 mg (126) and 4·2 days (1·9); chloroquine with a macrolide, 790 mg (320) and 6·8 days (2·5); and hydroxychloroquine with a macrolide, 597 mg (128) and 4·3 days (2·0). Additional details of the study cohort are provided in the appendix (pp 4–5).
Macrolides, such as azithromycin and clarithromycin, are antibiotics with immunomodulatory and anti-inflammatory effects.

14,888 patients in treatment groups. 81,144 in control group
Mortality
7530 (9.3%) Control Group
307 (16.4%) Chloroquine
839 (22.2%) Chloroquine with macrolide (antibiotic)
543 (18.0% Hydroxychloroquine
1479 (23.8%) Hydroxychloroquine with macrolide

* Macrolides include only clarithromycin and azithromycin.

Ksuminnesotacat
Posts: 2723
Joined: September 1st, 2013, 9:56 am
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 160 times

Post by Ksuminnesotacat » May 23rd, 2020, 11:04 pm

xtrawildcat wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 10:38 pm
Read the study.
HCL held promise due to one small study from France that has since been discredited. As such it held out some promise to help treat Covid.
Maybe you can find something in it to support using HCL as a treatment. The fact 9% of patients in the control group died vs 23.6% with HCL and antibiotic tells me it is time to move on and doctors prescribing it to patients who have Covid are doing harm.

If you are so anxious to make Trump look like a winner, research taking HCL to prevent Covid. That might still be worth researching for some people. Although if Trump was really taking Hydroxy you can be sure he is stopping because he was told this study would be released and wanted to cut his losses on the subject of HC.

From the study:
The treatment groups included 1868 patients who were given chloroquine alone, 3016 given hydroxychloroquine alone, 3783 given chloroquine with a macrolide and 6221 given hydroxychloroquine and a macrolide. The median time from hospitalisation to diagnosis of COVID-19 was 2 days (IQR 1–4). The mean daily dose and duration of the various drug regimens were as follows: chloroquine alone, 765 mg (SD 308) and 6·6 days (2·4); hydroxychloroquine alone, 596 mg (126) and 4·2 days (1·9); chloroquine with a macrolide, 790 mg (320) and 6·8 days (2·5); and hydroxychloroquine with a macrolide, 597 mg (128) and 4·3 days (2·0). Additional details of the study cohort are provided in the appendix (pp 4–5).
Macrolides, such as azithromycin and clarithromycin, are antibiotics with immunomodulatory and anti-inflammatory effects.

14,888 patients in treatment groups. 81,144 in control group
Mortality
7530 (9.3%) Control Group
307 (16.4%) Chloroquine
839 (22.2%) Chloroquine with macrolide (antibiotic)
543 (18.0% Hydroxychloroquine
1479 (23.8%) Hydroxychloroquine with macrolide

* Macrolides include only clarithromycin and azithromycin.
Makes you all warm and fuzzy inside right?

xtrawildcat
Posts: 5463
Joined: February 15th, 2016, 10:41 pm
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 241 times

Post by xtrawildcat » May 23rd, 2020, 11:26 pm

[/quote]
Makes you all warm and fuzzy inside right?
[/quote]

I would be extremely happy if hydroxy cured those with Covid. I would have a lot more money right now and I would not be concerned about not enjoying college sports.

But I do like to follow the facts and those who have been hyping hydroxy did not read the details of the first French study that hyped it. I did post the results on this forum but Trump supporters were already over the top pushing hydroxy.

I also said in a post that Trump was fine to mention hydroxy as a potential treatment just like he is fine saying that their have been some positive news on vaccines. But he was way wrong to hype the hell out of hydroxy. . And now, this study shows more Covid patients died because of using hydroxy.

Ksuminnesotacat
Posts: 2723
Joined: September 1st, 2013, 9:56 am
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 160 times

Post by Ksuminnesotacat » May 23rd, 2020, 11:32 pm

Maybe if you would spend one tenth of the time not being so Billy Kristol resistant you would not come off as such a parody poster with one intended outcome. Your appreciation of bad news is noted! Milk toast Amy Klobuchar does not share your view but oh well. There’s no place for good news yet we get it.

xtrawildcat
Posts: 5463
Joined: February 15th, 2016, 10:41 pm
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 241 times

Post by xtrawildcat » May 24th, 2020, 8:33 am

Ksuminnesotacat wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 11:32 pm
Maybe if you would spend one tenth of the time not being so Billy Kristol resistant you would not come off as such a parody poster with one intended outcome. Your appreciation of bad news is noted! Milk toast Amy Klobuchar does not share your view but oh well. There’s no place for good news yet we get it.
I spend my time studying and understanding the facts. I prefer to do that than chase BS conspiracy.

FYI I have also posted positives when they are available, IE On remdisvir, on vaccines, on the fact face masks and social distancing are doing the job. On the fact we have other countries who have successfully mitigated Covid with face masks, social distancing, testing and quarantining those who have been in contact with a carrier.

Heres some positives for you.
I think the state of Kansas has been pretty successful managing Covid with manufacturing never shutting down and now most of he economy open.
I think Arkansas has been successful managing Covid without a shelter in place and did it by promoting personal responsibility of social distancing and face masks in combination with low population density. They have a little increase going on now but I expect their Republican govonor to manage any changes in mitigation if it is needed.

I am encouraged by the fact Georgia has opened up and so far is staying steady with new cases.

Post Reply