Please!!!

Discussion related to the K-State men's basketball team
learnin
Moderator
Posts: 11858
Joined: September 18th, 2013, 1:41 pm
Has liked: 594 times
Been liked: 333 times

Please!!!

Post by learnin » January 15th, 2020, 10:04 am

Coaches, can we at least clean up the one handed across the court fling passes? I mean enough already!
And, while I’m at it, can we beg our players to stop driving into standing still players at crucial times in the game? I understand getting a charge on a bang-bang play where a defender scoots over just in the nick of time, but we have players who just dribble right into a defender who has moss growing on his feet. If we would just clean up the obvious...,,,
These users liked learnin for the post:
kswildcat (January 15th, 2020, 11:58 am)

tmcats
Posts: 6438
Joined: September 3rd, 2013, 1:09 pm
Has liked: 864 times
Been liked: 631 times

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » January 15th, 2020, 12:37 pm

he remembers all the accolades from making a great one-hander down the court last year. but he was benched after the last one.
"There ain't anybody stoppin' our ass!" CK

learnin
Moderator
Posts: 11858
Joined: September 18th, 2013, 1:41 pm
Has liked: 594 times
Been liked: 333 times

Post by learnin » January 15th, 2020, 12:53 pm

tmcats wrote:
January 15th, 2020, 12:37 pm
he remembers all the accolades from making a great one-hander down the court last year. but he was benched after the last one.
Yes,, that’s what I was thinking.

Puffdad
Moderator
Posts: 3997
Joined: May 28th, 2015, 7:51 pm
Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 369 times

Post by Puffdad » January 15th, 2020, 1:02 pm

Some of them never throw anything but a one handed flip...oops. You can have a seat next to me till you figure it out.
These users liked Puffdad for the post (total 2):
learnin (January 15th, 2020, 1:15 pm) • tmcats (January 15th, 2020, 1:28 pm)

tmcats
Posts: 6438
Joined: September 3rd, 2013, 1:09 pm
Has liked: 864 times
Been liked: 631 times

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » January 15th, 2020, 1:29 pm

i was tied up last night and didn't make the game. what was up with mike, he didn't play?
"There ain't anybody stoppin' our ass!" CK

Puffdad
Moderator
Posts: 3997
Joined: May 28th, 2015, 7:51 pm
Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 369 times

Post by Puffdad » January 15th, 2020, 1:51 pm

Concussion protocol from the Texas game.
These users liked Puffdad for the post:
tmcats (January 15th, 2020, 2:07 pm)

xtrawildcat
Posts: 4502
Joined: February 15th, 2016, 10:41 pm
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by xtrawildcat » January 15th, 2020, 11:55 pm

I assume this thread was mostly the result of the one handed pass Diarra made at the 4:22 mark of the second half that resulted in a turnover. This was the only one handed pass I saw him make in the TT game. And Weber took him out after that turnover and sat him for a couple of minutes after that tov.
Diarra had too many turnovers (6) in this game but was also making plays. He had two tovs in the second half. On the first one, he got stripped for the tov and then immediately stole it back and got fouled. Second one was at the 4:22 mark.

I rewatched the second half. Sloan came in with something like 13 minutes left after we got within 1. Played 12 minutes from then on. Had three turnovers, 0 assists and 2 points on 1 for 4 from the field. He was -14 on the plus minus during the 12 minutes he played in the second half. cu

Bottom line we need Diarra and Sloan to cut down on tovs. Too hard to beat good teams in this league if you don't value the ball.
These users liked xtrawildcat for the post:
tmcats (January 16th, 2020, 11:06 am)

hilltopwildcat
Posts: 3959
Joined: September 4th, 2013, 12:52 am
Has liked: 592 times
Been liked: 226 times

Post by hilltopwildcat » January 16th, 2020, 12:37 pm

learnin wrote:
January 15th, 2020, 10:04 am
Coaches, can we at least clean up the one handed across the court fling passes? I mean enough already!
And, while I’m at it, can we beg our players to stop driving into standing still players at crucial times in the game? I understand getting a charge on a bang-bang play where a defender scoots over just in the nick of time, but we have players who just dribble right into a defender who has moss growing on his feet. If we would just clean up the obvious...,,,
Go watch a high school game and count how many times it happens. Kids are on the floor more than if they were in wrestling. Just the way the game is played. You don't separate to get a clean shot, you slam into a defender, throw up a prayer and then lay there spread eagle on the floor with your arms out begging for a foul while the opponents go down and brick a lay-up.

Hypeman
Posts: 1138
Joined: December 16th, 2018, 11:33 pm
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 128 times

Post by Hypeman » January 16th, 2020, 12:50 pm

hilltopwildcat wrote:
January 16th, 2020, 12:37 pm
learnin wrote:
January 15th, 2020, 10:04 am
Coaches, can we at least clean up the one handed across the court fling passes? I mean enough already!
And, while I’m at it, can we beg our players to stop driving into standing still players at crucial times in the game? I understand getting a charge on a bang-bang play where a defender scoots over just in the nick of time, but we have players who just dribble right into a defender who has moss growing on his feet. If we would just clean up the obvious...,,,
Go watch a high school game and count how many times it happens. Kids are on the floor more than if they were in wrestling. Just the way the game is played. You don't separate to get a clean shot, you slam into a defender, throw up a prayer and then lay there spread eagle on the floor with your arms out begging for a foul while the opponents go down and brick a lay-up.
Somewhere’s on here I posted that one of the lost arts is the “pull up jumpshot”. Pop strait up and don’t commit the charge. It’s gone by way of the floater. Although the guys shooting floaters were charging all the time so now we have the circle under the basket. Rather than change the rules to accommodate poor fundamentals, we should push kids to learn them.

Puffdad
Moderator
Posts: 3997
Joined: May 28th, 2015, 7:51 pm
Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 369 times

Post by Puffdad » January 16th, 2020, 1:01 pm

Or how about the jump stop? Never.... bye bye

Post Reply