KSU vs ISU

The defending Big XII Champions
tmcats

Pick 'Em

Re: KSU vs ISU

Post by tmcats » December 2nd, 2019, 3:55 pm

RichardZ wrote:
November 30th, 2019, 3:15 pm
Here is hoping Iowa State, once again, does something that allows us to win.
like the opening kickoff to josh youngblood. :lol:
Why is there something rather than nothing?

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » December 2nd, 2019, 5:07 pm

hilltopwildcat wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 2:09 pm
I'll be a little bit of a contrarian. I thought the o-line played well but had a chance to be great. It seemed as though the backs were running harder and Wright was a big factor. Maybe my eyes were frozen over though.
I didn't see anything spectacularly different schematically/. I just saw a motivated group of men playing hard and physical - more so than their opponent, very similar to the way they did against OU and KU - but not the way they did against WVU. Outside of the ISU running back Hall (who is a stud), it looked like the rest of ISU didn't want to be out there in the cold weather playing football (Purdy sliding instead of going for the 1st down mark, OL not blocking well, etc). ISU just played like they didn't care, and we played like we did. KSU owned the line of scrimmage the whole game on both sides. Overall, these are two very evenly matched teams in terms of talent. So it really just came down to effort, or in ISU's case lack of.
EMAW

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » December 2nd, 2019, 5:10 pm

Jacardia Wright is a stud and is going to become an even bigger stud. He reminds me of a Bryce Brown (potentially). He has an extra gear that Barnes didn't have, yet Jacardia has the size and strength to take on LBers and flat out "Truck" a safety. He's only going to get bigger, stronger, and faster. Between him and Irving, we have 2 really good RBs. They are like Brown and Gilbert, only will be better than both.
EMAW

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » December 2nd, 2019, 5:31 pm

tmcats wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 3:55 pm
RichardZ wrote:
November 30th, 2019, 3:15 pm
Here is hoping Iowa State, once again, does something that allows us to win.
so I'm sitting there watching this thing. the announcer is really hyping up josh. yap-yap-yap. start to wonder 'how cool would it be if...'

and then, 13 seconds later and 93 yards... OMG!

:rofl:

could NOT have written a movie script any better.
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

kinsleycat
Has thanked: 0

Post by kinsleycat » December 2nd, 2019, 5:47 pm

Tbonespop wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 5:10 pm
Jacardia Wright is a stud and is going to become an even bigger stud. He reminds me of a Bryce Brown (potentially). He has an extra gear that Barnes didn't have, yet Jacardia has the size and strength to take on LBers and flat out "Truck" a safety. He's only going to get bigger, stronger, and faster. Between him and Irving, we have 2 really good RBs. They are like Brown and Gilbert, only will be better than both.
I hope Jacardia Wright has a lot better career at K-State than Bryce Harper did. Heck, he already has IMO. I hope he's willing to block, unlike Harper.

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » December 2nd, 2019, 8:22 pm

kinsleycat wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 5:47 pm
Tbonespop wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 5:10 pm
I hope Jacardia Wright has a lot better career at K-State than Bryce Harper did. Heck, he already has IMO. I hope he's willing to block, unlike Harper.
*Brown* Lol,. but I followed what you were saying
EMAW

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » December 2nd, 2019, 8:28 pm

KITNooga wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 5:31 pm
tmcats wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 3:55 pm

so I'm sitting there watching this thing. the announcer is really hyping up josh. yap-yap-yap. start to wonder 'how cool would it be if...'

and then, 13 seconds later and 93 yards... OMG!

:rofl:

could NOT have written a movie script any better.
The kid has 3 KO returns for TDs in the 3 of the last 4 games, and he's a true freshman. It was also against opposing teams that have very good athletes with SPEED, and he ran away from them. He's got similar skills to Tyler Lockett. I just can't believe people are still kicking the ball to him. When he refines his techniques as a WR, he will be equally as dangerous at WR. He just needs to do a little more work on going into and out of his breaks in the route running. Kid is a stud for sure.
EMAW

kinsleycat
Has thanked: 0

Post by kinsleycat » December 2nd, 2019, 9:24 pm

Tbonespop wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 8:22 pm
kinsleycat wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 5:47 pm

*Brown* Lol,. but I followed what you were saying
Shoot, my bad Tbone. I got distracted with a phone call in the middle of posting and had a brain cramp when I got back to it.

PurpleOnWhite

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleOnWhite » December 2nd, 2019, 9:46 pm

Jacardia is going to be a force for years to come. Absolute power with decent lateral movement. I like how he gets low to take on would-be tacklers. That’s where Alex Barnes really struggled.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » December 2nd, 2019, 10:21 pm

Tbonespop wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 5:07 pm
hilltopwildcat wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 2:09 pm
I'll be a little bit of a contrarian. I thought the o-line played well but had a chance to be great. It seemed as though the backs were running harder and Wright was a big factor. Maybe my eyes were frozen over though.
I didn't see anything spectacularly different schematically/. I just saw a motivated group of men playing hard and physical - more so than their opponent, very similar to the way they did against OU and KU - but not the way they did against WVU. Outside of the ISU running back Hall (who is a stud), it looked like the rest of ISU didn't want to be out there in the cold weather playing football (Purdy sliding instead of going for the 1st down mark, OL not blocking well, etc). ISU just played like they didn't care, and we played like we did. KSU owned the line of scrimmage the whole game on both sides. Overall, these are two very evenly matched teams in terms of talent. So it really just came down to effort, or in ISU's case lack of.
Said the same to the guy sitting next to me. Couldn't believe they didn't really bring it. Not negating our defense's efforts which for sure played a big part.