Steve King at it again

Politics and religion: two polarizing topics that deserve their own little place
KITNooga
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 133 times

Re: Steve King at it again

Post by KITNooga » August 16th, 2019, 4:22 am

on that pending legislation
The Labor Department’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs says the rule is necessary to “clarify” existing rules because recent Supreme Court decisions and executive orders have expanded the rights of religious employers with federal contracts.

But none of the three central court cases cited by the agency concern discrimination by religious organizations with federal contracts. Instead, it leans heavily on the case of Hobby Lobby, a for-profit corporation that sought to deny reproductive health insurance coverage to women by claiming a religious excuse.

LGBTQ advocates were alarmed when the draft rule was pending, saying it was being designed to create a loophole in former president Obama’s 2014 executive order that banned contractors from discriminating on the basis of their sexual orientation or gender identity.
amongst all the crying, gnashing of teeth (and I don't for a second believe that somehow, willie, you actually care about the people impacted, potentially impacted) don't overlook the obvious: previous administration short-circuited process with an executive order and Congress failed to ratify it via enacting LAW.

there's a process here that is supposed to be followed, supposed to work.

don't be giving a pass to the folks who by their lack of effort, execution of responsibility left this door open.

by the way, do I know folks in the work force who, as they got close to being fired 'suddenly' came out of the closet in order to be a protected class? yes I do. so while I do not support discrimination, neither do I support manipulation of the system for personal gain. fair should be fair.

on another front, once watched my wife really push some buttons during the mortgage appication process when claiming disparate treatment of her that she said 'felt like gender' discrimination.

WIldWIllieCat
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 134 times

Post by WIldWIllieCat » August 16th, 2019, 6:48 am

KITNooga wrote:
August 16th, 2019, 4:22 am

don't be giving a pass to the folks who by their lack of effort, execution of responsibility left this door open.
You know what? You're absolutely right. Congressional NaRPs are absolutely complicit. Thanks for pointing that out.
I know words. I have the best words.

KITNooga
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 133 times

Post by KITNooga » August 16th, 2019, 6:52 am

WIldWIllieCat wrote:
August 16th, 2019, 6:48 am
KITNooga wrote:
August 16th, 2019, 4:22 am

You know what? You're absolutely right. Congressional NaRPs are absolutely complicit. Thanks for pointing that out.
yes, and just like you always point out: when a party has two years of control (as the Dems did during BHO admin) they're also complicit.

wondering why you failed to recognize complicity from both parties? could it be that you're just all about fomenting dischord from your 'self-described, albeit fake' position as an independent?

(no, not really wondering. not at all)

:rofl: :rofl:

xtrawildcat
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 97 times

Post by xtrawildcat » August 16th, 2019, 2:48 pm

RichardZ wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 9:34 am
"To the extent that the literal story of Adam and Eve is nonsense? Yes. If you want to call it an allegory, it makes more sense. Regardless, the idiocy of the story is not proof for or against the existence of God."

Not so quick my fast talking amigo. You didn't just call out the nonsense and idiocy of Adam and Eve, but the nonsense that goes with it. Would that include the creating the universe?

If you are indeed agnostic you would neither have faith or a disbelief. You clearly have a disbelief.

Why you deny it, and continue to denigrate those who do believe is puzzling. Should not an agnostic be neutral?

By the way...the 'proof' you are looking for will reveal itself shortly after you take your last breath. Not before.
Only question I have is what was there before the universe. And what is on the outside of the universe.

tmcats
Has liked: 582 times
Been liked: 361 times

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » August 16th, 2019, 2:53 pm

i can't imagine the dread of denying God's existence. my gosh. oh, i'm just the result of some random explosion somewhere. :roll:
"There ain't anybody stoppin' our ass!" CK

NealyFan
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by NealyFan » August 16th, 2019, 3:41 pm

tmcats wrote:
August 16th, 2019, 2:53 pm
i can't imagine the dread of denying God's existence. my gosh. oh, i'm just the result of some random explosion somewhere. :roll:
We are all the result of an “explosion.” I have no idea about the universe.

WIldWIllieCat

Post by WIldWIllieCat » August 16th, 2019, 4:37 pm

KITNooga wrote:
August 16th, 2019, 6:52 am
WIldWIllieCat wrote:
August 16th, 2019, 6:48 am

yes, and just like you always point out: when a party has two years of control (as the Dems did during BHO admin) they're also complicit.

wondering why you failed to recognize complicity from both parties? could it be that you're just all about fomenting dischord from your 'self-described, albeit fake' position as an independent?

(no, not really wondering. not at all)

:rofl: :rofl:
That's fair. I've no problem with that, it is however difficult to predict that someone will come along and make open discrimination actual government policy though.

tmcats
Has liked: 582 times
Been liked: 361 times

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » August 16th, 2019, 5:43 pm

NealyFan wrote:
August 16th, 2019, 3:41 pm
tmcats wrote:
August 16th, 2019, 2:53 pm
We are all the result of an “explosion.”
:rofl:
"There ain't anybody stoppin' our ass!" CK

spot2180
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by spot2180 » August 16th, 2019, 7:47 pm

WIldWIllieCat wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 7:34 pm
spot2180 wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 6:42 pm

I know a guy that got a vacation from the board for saying people were pro rape.
Sweet, maybe you think about that next you trot out your "pro human trafficking" arguments...next one's due along any second. :thumbsup:
I never said anyone was pro human trafficking. I say that particular aspect of illegal immigration is ignored repeatedly. Everything bad about illegal immigration is ignored by you lefties, the wannabe nominees, and the leftist media. So much concern for the illegal immigrants that it leads some to fake cry at a fence on the edge of an empty parking lot. But those tears aren't for the little girls that are taken and exploited in the worst ways. Those tears are for the camera. And votes.

Democrats are for the little guys.....if they live long enough to vote, that is.
'To be a leftist means that one has to ignore the obvious....Social justice, enviornmental justice, racial justice are all oxymorons. These kinds of adjectives for justice do not denote actual justice. Only justice is justice.'

WIldWIllieCat

Post by WIldWIllieCat » August 16th, 2019, 8:02 pm

lol...sure, sure

nope, never :what:

holy shlt you went with the "empty parking lot" again??

:rofl: