dow tops 27,000 for first time ...

Politics and religion: two polarizing topics that deserve their own little place
KITNooga
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 133 times

Re: dow tops 27,000 for first time ...

Post by KITNooga » August 15th, 2019, 9:09 pm

ChemicalKat wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 8:50 pm
Maybe you'll get lucky though and the recession won't come until after Trump is kicked out of office in 2020. Then you can blame the recession on the democrat.
when a big part of the economy IS consumer confidence, and if the Dems retake the WH, my guess is folks WILL pull back investments, cut back spending as they KNOW taxes are going up. I sure as heck will.

the result?

predictable. yes it's predictable.

ChemicalKat
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 18 times

Post by ChemicalKat » August 16th, 2019, 5:59 am

KITNooga wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 9:09 pm
ChemicalKat wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 8:50 pm
Maybe you'll get lucky though and the recession won't come until after Trump is kicked out of office in 2020. Then you can blame the recession on the democrat.
when a big part of the economy IS consumer confidence, and if the Dems retake the WH, my guess is folks WILL pull back investments, cut back spending as they KNOW taxes are going up. I sure as heck will.

the result?

It’s a common trope that the economy struggles during democratic rule and booms during Republican rule and that is not based in reality.

ChemicalKat

Post by ChemicalKat » August 16th, 2019, 6:10 am

politics returns.png
politics returns.png (151.11 KiB) Viewed 86 times
And if you don't believe me.

WIldWIllieCat
Been liked: 134 times

Post by WIldWIllieCat » August 16th, 2019, 6:44 am

*STAMPS FOOT*

"I'm taking my ball and going home!"

I believe EMAW is the third person that has threatened to 'take their ball and go home' if Trump isn't reelected. It's the new "I'm moving to Canada!"

:rofl:
I know words. I have the best words.

KITNooga
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 133 times

Post by KITNooga » August 16th, 2019, 6:55 am

ChemicalKat wrote:
August 16th, 2019, 5:59 am
KITNooga wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 9:09 pm

the result?

It’s a common trope that the economy struggles during democratic rule and booms during Republican rule and that is not based in reality.
while that mayhave been your take on what I said, it's not at all what I said.

to repeat, what I did say was that consumer confidence plays a huge role in the economy.
given what the Dems running for office have been saying (free everything for those who can't pay it, but we're gonna tax the crap out of all you all 'rich' people), if Dems regain the house, watch businesses pull back as they try to figure out how to play in a potentially new 'environment'.

WIldWIllieCat
Been liked: 134 times

Post by WIldWIllieCat » August 16th, 2019, 7:02 am

KITNooga wrote:
August 16th, 2019, 6:55 am
...if Dems regain the house, watch businesses pull back as they try to figure out how to play in a potentially new 'environment'.
uummmmmmm :shock:
I know words. I have the best words.

RichardZ
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 42 times

Pick 'Em

Post by RichardZ » August 16th, 2019, 9:46 am

Notice how the media and in particular CNN and MSNBC are actually rooting for a Bill Maher-oh-how-I-wish-for-a- recession?

Consumer confidence is a big factor in how the market responds. The constant drum beat by those who want to sink the Trump machine can be a large draw down on the economy.

Infidelity didn't work, Russia, Russia, Russia didn't work, Race baiting didn't work, tying him to Epstein didn't work. The media and their demorat cohorts have very few bullets left in their holster. If it takes bringing the American economy to its knees...oh well.
"If you don't know where you are going any road will get you there."
Lewis Carroll

ChemicalKat

Post by ChemicalKat » August 16th, 2019, 10:30 am

RichardZ wrote:
August 16th, 2019, 9:46 am
Notice how the media and in particular CNN and MSNBC are actually rooting for a Bill Maher-oh-how-I-wish-for-a- recession?

Consumer confidence is a big factor in how the market responds. The constant drum beat by those who want to sink the Trump machine can be a large draw down on the economy.

Infidelity didn't work, Russia, Russia, Russia didn't work, Race baiting didn't work, tying him to Epstein didn't work. The media and their demorat cohorts have very few bullets left in their holster. If it takes bringing the American economy to its knees...oh well.
I think you’re over estimating the power of CNN and MSNBC

NealyFan
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by NealyFan » August 16th, 2019, 12:01 pm

A recession is inevitable. It would have happened if Hillary or anyone else were POTUS. The only question is how bad it is going to be.

xtrawildcat
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 97 times

Post by xtrawildcat » August 16th, 2019, 2:33 pm

NealyFan wrote:
August 16th, 2019, 12:01 pm
A recession is inevitable. It would have happened if Hillary or anyone else were POTUS. The only question is how bad it is going to be.
I beleive that is true. However, even though we would still have had an unacceptable deficit to me, it wouldn't have been a trillion dollar deficit that a recession will only increase.
Fiscal irresponsiblility when the economy is performing pretty well is poor policy in my opinion. But when you're the self proclaimed king of debt, you go with what you know.