In Defense of Trump

Politics and religion: two polarizing topics that deserve their own little place
NealyFan
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 47 times

In Defense of Trump

Post by NealyFan » June 14th, 2019, 8:12 am

I am obviously not a Trump supporter, but I don't think anyone is all good or bad. There are areas of which I agree. So I thought I would make a list:

1. He is right about some college liberals being too PC and trying to shut down free speech. I support vigorous debate. Conservatives should have just as much access to the marketplace of ideas as anyone else. Shouting people down, banning them from a campus, or otherwise breaking the law to keep out ideas which one disagrees is un-American. If you don't like what someone is arguing, make a better argument.

2. He is right that we shoulder too much of the cost in multi-lateral defense pacts (i.e. NATO). Other nations need to step up and contribute more.

3. He is right about the need to increase our manufacturing base. Too many jobs have left for cheaper labor. I am not sure tariffs will solve the problem, but he is right that NAFTA has not been in our best interest. (Ross Perot was correct in 1992.)

4. He is right that we need to do more to deal with the opioid crisis. I am happy that he has identified pharmaceutical companies as a big contributor to the problem.

5. I like the proposed new livery for the next Air Force One.

6. He was right to grant clemency to Alice Johnson.

7. He deserves credit that ISIS has been decimated.

8. He supports giving all Americans access to affordable healthcare. Obviously, I think it is single payer, but there may be other options. I would like to see him and the Democrats try to hammer something out. It is not enough just to hate Obamacare.

Happy Friday!
These users liked NealyFan for the post:
tmcats (June 14th, 2019, 10:34 am)

KITNooga
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 115 times

Post by KITNooga » June 14th, 2019, 9:55 am

thanks Nealy. Great leadership.

Have a great weekend!

RichardZ
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 32 times

Pick 'Em

Post by RichardZ » June 14th, 2019, 10:03 am

Careful there Nealy, your card carrying liberal membership could be yanked at any moment.

Seems to me Trump who had zero political experience to go along with his rough edges has made a terrific impact on many fronts in just a few years in office.

For those who think he is a loose cannon oaf, I look at him as one who is not afraid to stand up to the status quo. He keeps friends, enemies on their toes and he does put America First. Refreshing.

The largest threat we have is our southern border and he and he alone seems to be the only one in Washington who wants to do something about it. He operates, basically, with no help from his own party, the media and surely demorats who try to thwart him at every turn. Not only on immigration, but basically everything he says or does.

Of course, his greatest sin was to defeat Ms. Pantsuit. Despite spying by the demorats , involving Russia and help from the high ups in the FBI and receiving the questions prior to debates Ms. Pantsuit lost AGAIN in her quest for the presidency.
"If you don't know where you are going any road will get you there."
Lewis Carroll

NealyFan

Post by NealyFan » June 14th, 2019, 10:35 am

RichardZ wrote:
June 14th, 2019, 10:03 am
Careful there Nealy, your card carrying liberal membership could be yanked at any moment.

Seems to me Trump who had zero political experience to go along with his rough edges has made a terrific impact on many fronts in just a few years in office.

For those who think he is a loose cannon oaf, I look at him as one who is not afraid to stand up to the status quo. He keeps friends, enemies on their toes and he does put America First. Refreshing.

The largest threat we have is our southern border and he and he alone seems to be the only one in Washington who wants to do something about it. He operates, basically, with no help from his own party, the media and surely demorats who try to thwart him at every turn. Not only on immigration, but basically everything he says or does.

Of course, his greatest sin was to defeat Ms. Pantsuit. Despite spying by the demorats , involving Russia and help from the high ups in the FBI and receiving the questions prior to debates Ms. Pantsuit lost AGAIN in her quest for the presidency.
I never was a card carrying liberal.

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » June 14th, 2019, 10:40 am

NealyFan wrote:
June 14th, 2019, 10:35 am
RichardZ wrote:
June 14th, 2019, 10:03 am

but often DJT sure can be, or at least appear to be, an 'oaf'. I don't know in my lifetime, having said that, that I've ever seen anyone get as much done in their first few years in office. certainly not any 'elevated' Senators.

WIldWIllieCat
Has liked: 1 time

Post by WIldWIllieCat » June 14th, 2019, 10:42 am

NealyFan wrote:
wouldn't sweat Richard too much Nealy, he's repeatedly stated he still believes the former president was "actively trying to destroy America"
I know words. I have the best words.

ToledoCat#2
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 102 times

Post by ToledoCat#2 » June 14th, 2019, 11:04 am

Blow me over with a feather. RIGHT ON, Nealy. You and I actually have a lot in common.

BTW, Ross Perot was right about that great "sucking sound" was American jobs leaving for Mexico. Went to the dude's rally in Des Moines. Voted for him, too.

NealyFan

Post by NealyFan » June 14th, 2019, 11:17 am

KITNooga wrote:
June 14th, 2019, 10:40 am
NealyFan wrote:

but often DJT sure can be, or at least appear to be, an 'oaf'. I don't know in my lifetime, having said that, that I've ever seen anyone get as much done in their first few years in office. certainly not any 'elevated' Senators.
Wrecking balls and dynamite also "get a lot done." Question will be if it what he did was good or bad for the country. So far, he is perceived as getting a lot done because our economy is good. On the other hand, he hasn't gotten his wall, NK is still testing weapons, he hasn't done anything to replace Obamacare, and the debt is still growing. Like I wrote, no POTUS is all good nor bad.

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » June 14th, 2019, 11:45 am

dynamite and wrecking balls have done an awful lot of good in history. through out history.
not saying I want either of these tools used inside my house at any particular time. but if it's the right time/tool for the job? heck yes.

and I'd be smart enough to get the heck out of the way.

Cooter
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Cooter » June 14th, 2019, 1:44 pm

KITNooga wrote:
June 14th, 2019, 10:40 am
NealyFan wrote:

What the hell has he done?

I see no significant accomplishments.

Economy? Meh, hes not pulling a strings. In fact hes raised the cost of business and the cost of living. Believe me i know. I was a laid off commodity buyer because of his mouth.