Good News For Trump - May Budget Deficit sets a Record

Politics and religion: two polarizing topics that deserve their own little place
xtrawildcat
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 104 times

Re: Good News For Trump - May Budget Deficit sets a Record

Post by xtrawildcat » June 14th, 2019, 5:55 pm

xtrawildcat wrote:
June 14th, 2019, 5:11 pm
I have been on the wrong track.
Trump supporters are going to support Trump.

My suggestion is that they can help him even more by demanding he come up with a budget plan to address the deficit, present it to Congress and then push it through Congress.

For example, some things I would support him putting in a plan:
1. Put Social Security and Medicare up for discussion of Means testing.
2. Do away with the $70,000 before you have to start paying tax on Capitol Gains. I would hate this as I have shielded at least three large Capitol gains from taxes by doing this but I also think it would fair to stiffs working for a pay check to do away with this break for those who have enough money to have assets that appreciate over time.
3. Cut military spending back to Obama levels. Or at least start trimming them back. Spend military money smarter instead of more.

That ought to be enough to stir up Washington if Trump really wants to do something.
4. Allow Medicare to negotiate drug prices. (IE Why was I able to buy a rheumatoid arthritis drug cheaper using a GoodRX than the copay I would have paid with BCBS from my company plan. This happened to me 3 years ago.)

Ksuminnesotacat
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by Ksuminnesotacat » June 14th, 2019, 6:45 pm

xtrawildcat wrote:
June 14th, 2019, 5:55 pm
xtrawildcat wrote:
June 14th, 2019, 5:11 pm
I have been on the wrong track.
Trump supporters are going to support Trump.

My suggestion is that they can help him even more by demanding he come up with a budget plan to address the deficit, present it to Congress and then push it through Congress.

For example, some things I would support him putting in a plan:
1. Put Social Security and Medicare up for discussion of Means testing.
2. Do away with the $70,000 before you have to start paying tax on Capitol Gains. I would hate this as I have shielded at least three large Capitol gains from taxes by doing this but I also think it would fair to stiffs working for a pay check to do away with this break for those who have enough money to have assets that appreciate over time.
3. Cut military spending back to Obama levels. Or at least start trimming them back. Spend military money smarter instead of more.

That ought to be enough to stir up Washington if Trump really wants to do something.
4. Allow Medicare to negotiate drug prices. (IE Why was I able to buy a rheumatoid arthritis drug cheaper using a GoodRX than the copay I would have paid with BCBS from my company plan. This happened to me 3 years ago.)
This would all be good except for the fact that 24/7 derp outrage and incarceration without justification is rule for the day. :snore:

Section 12-2
Has liked: 227 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by Section 12-2 » June 14th, 2019, 7:30 pm

I'm old enough to remember when Republicans wanted to cut the deficit. I miss that Republican Party.

KITNooga
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 141 times

Post by KITNooga » June 14th, 2019, 8:16 pm

Section 12-2 wrote:
June 14th, 2019, 7:30 pm
I'm old enough to remember when Republicans wanted to cut the deficit. I miss that Republican Party.
I'm young enough to remember when the dems said if we wanted to win more elections we'd have to be more like the dems.

Cooter
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by Cooter » June 14th, 2019, 9:43 pm

Ksuminnesotacat wrote:
June 14th, 2019, 6:45 pm
xtrawildcat wrote:

This would all be good except for the fact that 24/7 derp outrage and incarceration without justification is rule for the day. :snore:
Your comment makes no sense and it’s seriously ignorant of the history of who created the Medicare drug program and who created its rule.

You’re a jabbering mess man

Ksuminnesotacat

Post by Ksuminnesotacat » June 14th, 2019, 9:52 pm

Cooter wrote:
June 14th, 2019, 9:43 pm
Ksuminnesotacat wrote:

Your comment makes no sense and it’s seriously ignorant of the history of who created the Medicare drug program and who created its rule.

You’re a jabbering mess man
And your trolling if you can’t put it together not my worry but I think you can?

xtrawildcat

Post by xtrawildcat » June 15th, 2019, 6:25 am

Ksuminnesotacat wrote:
xtrawildcat wrote:

1. I don't know what a derp is and don;t plan to look it up..
2. No idea what incarceration without justification means.
3. If Trump is the man that can get things done, why would he care what others think if its the right thing to do.

Trump wanted a two million dollar infrastructure plan. Trump promised to cut taxes again after the mid terms.
When is the last time you have heard Trump even mention the deficit?

Ksuminnesotacat

Post by Ksuminnesotacat » June 15th, 2019, 9:10 am

It s
Cute when liberal leaning folks get all fiscally sound and worried. Trumps Two Trillion you probably had a spell correct I hate that was I believe a red hearing you know shoot for the moon and only get half! The last admin did spend a trillion on shovel ready jobs and we got a bridge here and maybe one over there.

Look when you deny you don’t know what incarceration without justification means you just come of as silly. It’s been mana from heaven for two plus fricken years! So let that go you know damn well what it means don’t be a contributor to the madness then and just own it. Second I do get bad about calling names and should tone it down a bit so I’ll just refer to it as.
“Constantly angry energized to argue and stalemate the opposition person because we have nothing else to offer crowd”

xtrawildcat

Post by xtrawildcat » June 16th, 2019, 4:33 am

Ksuminnesotacat wrote:
June 15th, 2019, 9:10 am
It s
Cute when liberal leaning folks get all fiscally sound and worried. Trumps Two Trillion you probably had a spell correct I hate that was I believe a red hearing you know shoot for the moon and only get half! The last admin did spend a trillion on shovel ready jobs and we got a bridge here and maybe one over there.

Look when you deny you don’t know what incarceration without justification means you just come of as silly. It’s been mana from heaven for two plus fricken years! So let that go you know damn well what it means don’t be a contributor to the madness then and just own it. Second I do get bad about calling names and should tone it down a bit so I’ll just refer to it as.
“Constantly angry energized to argue and stalemate the opposition person because we have nothing else to offer crowd”
You are right. Trump wanted a two trillion infrastructure plan. But you are ok if it is only a trillion.

Who has been incarcerated without justification. They all plead guilty.