Good News For Trump - May Budget Deficit sets a Record

Politics and religion: two polarizing topics that deserve their own little place
xtrawildcat
Posts: 3396
Joined: February 15th, 2016, 10:41 pm
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 94 times

Good News For Trump - May Budget Deficit sets a Record

Post by xtrawildcat » June 13th, 2019, 8:41 am

He just keeps winning.

(Of course he had a little help by having 50 billion of June payments come in May) But he's still on track to hit a trillion this year.

All the Trump liberals should be proud.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-bu ... 2019-06-12

I wonder how many million are in a trillion?

NealyFan
Posts: 2114
Joined: September 26th, 2017, 9:18 am
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by NealyFan » June 13th, 2019, 11:32 am

And this is at a time when tax revenues are high and the economy is growing. If we hit another recession, it will skyrocket. If there was ever a time to reduce the debt, now would be it.

As an aside, as much as people hate Gingerich and Clinton, they managed to get some business done.

tmcats
Posts: 4547
Joined: September 3rd, 2013, 1:09 pm
Has liked: 552 times
Been liked: 338 times

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » June 13th, 2019, 11:40 am

the good thing here is that the figures aren't fudged. the bad is that the figures aren't fudged. this is a worrisome trend given the present economic conditions. but debt and social welfare come at a serious cost to the treasury and bernie wants add free college and medicare-for-all. :|
"There ain't anybody stoppin' our ass!" CK

xtrawildcat
Posts: 3396
Joined: February 15th, 2016, 10:41 pm
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by xtrawildcat » June 13th, 2019, 12:41 pm

tmcats wrote:
June 13th, 2019, 11:40 am
the good thing here is that the figures aren't fudged. the bad is that the figures aren't fudged. this is a worrisome trend given the present economic conditions. but debt and social welfare come at a serious cost to the treasury and bernie wants add free college and medicare-for-all. :|
I doubt anybody on this forum would vote for Bernie. Trump is doing a fine job running up the debt without worrying about Bernie.

User avatar
WIldWIllieCat
Posts: 13621
Joined: September 7th, 2013, 7:30 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 115 times

Post by WIldWIllieCat » June 13th, 2019, 1:09 pm

Yes, let's talk about a hypothetical Sanders presidency, whatever we have to do to change the subject from what's actually going on.

good grief
I know words. I have the best words.

NealyFan
Posts: 2114
Joined: September 26th, 2017, 9:18 am
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by NealyFan » June 13th, 2019, 1:29 pm

The genius of the right-wing is that it runs up the debt with unpaid for tax cuts, corporate subsidies, and wars and when someone dares suggest that regular folks have access to healthcare, they scream “no money!” It really is brilliant.

KITNooga
Posts: 3614
Joined: September 19th, 2017, 8:22 am
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 115 times

Post by KITNooga » June 13th, 2019, 4:08 pm

xtrawildcat wrote:
June 13th, 2019, 12:41 pm
tmcats wrote:
June 13th, 2019, 11:40 am
the good thing here is that the figures aren't fudged. the bad is that the figures aren't fudged. this is a worrisome trend given the present economic conditions. but debt and social welfare come at a serious cost to the treasury and bernie wants add free college and medicare-for-all. :|
I doubt anybody on this forum would vote for Bernie. Trump is doing a fine job running up the debt without worrying about Bernie.
but you sure as heck seem interested in single payer healthcare and free college. that's not just a 'bernie' program.
so align so while feigning outrage over deficits is quite hypcritical.

and yes, our feckless GOP is not much better.

but is the FIX really to go back to the Dems? trying to pee on my leg and tell me its raining?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0hK1wyrrAU[/youtube]
Last edited by KITNooga on June 13th, 2019, 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NealyFan
Posts: 2114
Joined: September 26th, 2017, 9:18 am
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by NealyFan » June 13th, 2019, 4:11 pm

I am more interested in single payer.

tmcats
Posts: 4547
Joined: September 3rd, 2013, 1:09 pm
Has liked: 552 times
Been liked: 338 times

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » June 13th, 2019, 4:31 pm

NealyFan wrote:
June 13th, 2019, 1:29 pm
The genius of the right-wing is that it runs up the debt with unpaid for tax cuts, corporate subsidies, and wars and when someone dares suggest that regular folks have access to healthcare, they scream “no money!” It really is brilliant.
unpaid for tax cuts is that like growing smaller or clearly confused? what the hell, nealy, how is a tax cut unpaid?

what corporate subsidies are you talking about specifically: windmills, electric cars, ethanol?

and regular folks don't have access to health care, seriously? even though the census bureau writes: "The percentage of people with health insurance coverage for all or part of 2017 was 91.2 percent"
"There ain't anybody stoppin' our ass!" CK

learnin
Moderator
Posts: 11190
Joined: September 18th, 2013, 1:41 pm
Has liked: 401 times
Been liked: 206 times

Post by learnin » June 13th, 2019, 4:42 pm

NealyFan wrote:
June 13th, 2019, 1:29 pm
The genius of the right-wing is that it runs up the debt with unpaid for tax cuts, corporate subsidies, and wars and when someone dares suggest that regular folks have access to healthcare, they scream “no money!” It really is brilliant.
Post of the year.

Post Reply