The Drum Beat of War

Politics and religion: two polarizing topics that deserve their own little place
Ksuminnesotacat
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 45 times

Re: The Drum Beat of War

Post by Ksuminnesotacat » May 17th, 2019, 12:39 pm

And now the house of Saud is calling for us surgical strikes on Iranian so called missile sites. Good God I hope we don’t and this crap of having so called allies prompt us into another useless conflict! Those back stabbers are the last group I would take intel from. If they want to strike at those assets let em do I t themselves!
These users liked Ksuminnesotacat for the post:
hilltopwildcat (May 17th, 2019, 4:45 pm)

wazucat
Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by wazucat » May 17th, 2019, 2:29 pm

I expect Iran will use one of their proxies to attack us, something similar to the USS Cole.

learnin
Has liked: 414 times
Been liked: 212 times

Post by learnin » May 17th, 2019, 2:36 pm

There's only one world leader that really supports America's saber rattling against Iran. Netanyahu. Imagine that.

xtrawildcat
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 97 times

Post by xtrawildcat » May 17th, 2019, 5:29 pm

tmcats wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 11:20 am
unless fired upon, it would be crazy to strike at iran just as it was iraq. i hope trump is more circumspect than bush in that regard. these are third world powers that rationally pose damn near zero threat to america. if they pull some shananigans, then sink their ass. but until then, rattle the swords if you must mr. president but otherwise keep them secured in their scabbards. iran is not worth american blood, not a single oz.
Absolutely agree with you.
And don't put more Americans in the region that give any group that would like to stir up trouble a chance to strike and blame it on Iran. I think Trump fundametally does not want any engagement with Iran but he has the idiot Bolten working for him and that guy wants a war. I hope Trump is man enough to actually take control of the situation.

And the best thing we could do is get back in the Iran agreement with our allies and use the power of economic development to influence the Iran people to demand reforms from their leaders. Backing people into a corner never works.

Reminds me of a true story from my days growing up on a farm. A wild dog grabbed a chicken about 100 yards from my older brother and I and took off with it. My brother chased it for over a mile and then cornered the dog in the corner of a fence line. We asked him what he did then. He said nothing because when he cornered that dog, it decided to fight and my brother was not ready for that.

WIldWIllieCat
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 134 times

Post by WIldWIllieCat » May 17th, 2019, 9:09 pm

Hey, look at that, we have some actual agreement....dare I say, common ground.

Nice!
I know words. I have the best words.

hilltopwildcat
Has liked: 377 times
Been liked: 137 times

Post by hilltopwildcat » May 17th, 2019, 10:18 pm

I'm not sold that US forces or personnel were in particular danger. I suspect it's more a show that Iran needs to quit exporting terrorism.

KITNooga
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 133 times

Post by KITNooga » May 18th, 2019, 6:46 am

There's only one world leader that really supports America's saber rattling against Iran. Netanyahu. Imagine that.
tell me, all you dem voting persons: would you be okay if we were saber-rattling with RUSSIA as the target?

is this not about 'the drum-beat of war', but rather 'who is in the cross-hairs'?

or was all that tough talk just that: talk, usual rhetoric of the dems when not in power? like the little barking dog in the fenced in yard?

xtrawildcat
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 97 times

Post by xtrawildcat » May 18th, 2019, 7:11 am

KITNooga wrote:
May 18th, 2019, 6:46 am
tell me, all you dem voting persons: would you be okay if we were saber-rattling with RUSSIA as the target?

is this not about 'the drum-beat of war', but rather 'who is in the cross-hairs'?

or was all that tough talk just that: talk, usual rhetoric of the dems when not in power? like the little barking dog in the fenced in yard?
What is your position on Iran?
Are you saying you are in favor of pushing Iran til we have something happen and can start military actions against them.
As TM said, are you in favor of spilling one litre of young American service members blood in a military action with Iran that is pushed on the US by Bolten?

Really don''t need a what about ism in order to discuss positions on Iran

KITNooga
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 133 times

Post by KITNooga » May 18th, 2019, 7:20 am

Really don''t need a what about ism in order to discuss positions on Iran
isn't it 'what about ism' that is the basis of the thread?

my position on Iran? should never have lifted sanctions during BHO administration. should never have delivered cash to them during BHO administration. we're reaping the 'rewards' of all that ill-advised crap from back then. what could possibly have drawn to a close now has Iran standing back up. you all someday might want to look past the immediacy, expediency of the now and think a little more long term. that 'blood an treasure' you all seem so passionate about? putting off today what you'll only end up tomorrow is how that 'bill' just grows larger and larger.

Please. don't tell me how you all 'support the troops, but not the war'. that crap sounds good, but logically just doesn't fly.

let me know if you've ever heard this one 'the road to hell is paved with good intentions'?

you lefties seem to want all the world to like you (et tu, Sally Fields?) but willing to sell your soul and the souls of fellow citizens to do so.

and aren't YOU all the folks who would rather spill litres of young american blood over Russia, Russia Russia? how about the litres of INNOCENT american blood spilled unnecessarily by ILLEGAL aliens? not significant? don't want to consider it too as part of the bigger picture of the feaux outrage, aggression play by all you all dems who are not in position to have to be held accountable?

barking little lap dogs. you all are.

ToledoCat#2
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 122 times

Post by ToledoCat#2 » May 18th, 2019, 9:27 am

Like all despots, the Imams ruling Iran only understand power and it's real danger to them personally and their long-range ideology. I don't think for a minute that even the most radical of nation leaders think for a moment that they would survive an all-out war; hence, the deterrent effect of a strong U.S. military and a president willing to use it adroitly.