Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 257 times

Re: Recruiting Thread

Post by stlcatfan » March 24th, 2020, 7:15 pm

katlander wrote:
March 24th, 2020, 5:41 pm
bhoovy wrote:
March 22nd, 2020, 10:29 pm
I like Lewis. Think he appears to have a lot of upside. Athletic, explosive, can run. And I like Weber sells him on possibly being a piece to another fab 5. Why not? Who says they can’t? Why not have high expectations? Why not try to help build guys confidence up and have them believe?

And would love to add either Williams or Ellis to this class also and make it a fab 6.
Just looking at 247 sports list of recruits and it showed Donovan Williams at #148 and a 3 star. Ranked 2 spots higher than Davion Bradford and 100% to OSU.
I'm not surprised. Unless someone else transfers, there are no scholarships currently available. We may also be going more strongly after other recruits than Williams. Who knows?

pulitzerdave
Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 327 times

Post by pulitzerdave » March 26th, 2020, 8:47 pm

katlander wrote:
March 24th, 2020, 5:41 pm
bhoovy wrote:
March 22nd, 2020, 10:29 pm
I like Lewis. Think he appears to have a lot of upside. Athletic, explosive, can run. And I like Weber sells him on possibly being a piece to another fab 5. Why not? Who says they can’t? Why not have high expectations? Why not try to help build guys confidence up and have them believe?

And would love to add either Williams or Ellis to this class also and make it a fab 6.
Just looking at 247 sports list of recruits and it showed Donovan Williams at #148 and a 3 star. Ranked 2 spots higher than Davion Bradford and 100% to OSU.
Williams is better than his ranking. He missed AAU basketball and the first 10 games of this season due to an injury. I've recently seen him listed as a 4-star. After coming back from his injury, he averaged 28 points and 8 rebounds a game against the best of Nebraska's competition. He's a scorer. If we could add him to this class, that would be a bonus. We need scorers.

Horses_n_Hoops
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Horses_n_Hoops » March 26th, 2020, 10:27 pm

I agree that Williams is way undervalued. He has serious potential and could be amazing in this class. He’s down to a final 6, but 3 of the schools in that 6 haven’t offered him.

The three that have offered are us, OK State, and Texas.

Oklahoma State has two available scholarships, and I read that Boyton was gunning for a grad transfer (heard they’ve been in contact with Landers Nolley). They’re also in the running for another recruit who’s higher ranked than Williams, JT Thorr. We’ll see what happens but right now I’d say Oklahoma State has the best chance to get him IMO.

Texas has only one available scholarship I believe. While Williams is a target, looks like they’re going to land Greg Brown, a top 10 player from Texas. So that’ll take care of them. If you haven’t seen, Texas is going to return probably 100% of their minutes as of right now, so even if he were to go there, he may not get the playing time he wants.

TAMU has 1 scholarship available but I have a feeling they’re maybe looking elsewhere. If Kansas ends up having the scholarship available and they offer it to him, he’s probably going to go there IMO. Villanova seems like the odd team out for him. Hadn’t heard he was interested in there/they were interested in him. I don’t think they have any scholarship available for him, but a lot of eyes are on Saddiq Bey and wether he declares for the draft.

Kansas State doesn’t have bad odds to get him, especially considering the list of schools he’s compiled.

bhoovy
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 212 times

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » March 27th, 2020, 9:07 am

I would agree with you HnH. OSU would appear to be the most likely, unless ku offers and then I think they’re a lock. If neither of them do I think we stand a good shot, should we not sign someone like Ellis or a grad transfer ourselves before then. As you probably have to take the first guy who says they’re all in.

Highway26north
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by Highway26north » March 27th, 2020, 9:21 am

Seems like Williams would be a natural in Weber's system. It must drive a coach batty to be recruiting these guys for months and months. And months. I used to think asking a girl on a date was hard! It would be a very good decision for Williams to join the corps that's already onboard IMHO.

Coach314
Has liked: 0

Post by Coach314 » March 27th, 2020, 4:08 pm

I think another point guard is needed. I don't see Sloan coming back

KsJoey
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 215 times

Post by KsJoey » March 27th, 2020, 4:14 pm

Coach314 wrote:
March 27th, 2020, 4:08 pm
You don't see him coming back for his senior year? Whys that? With Cartier gone, it's him and a true freshman at PG. He will get a lot of playing time.

Horses_n_Hoops
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Horses_n_Hoops » March 27th, 2020, 6:14 pm

Why on the world would David Sloan leave? He’s been a very solid player, he hasn’t had any team issues (that we know of), he’d definitely have to sit a year, and he’ll get big amounts of playing time.

AJcat7755
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 247 times

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » March 27th, 2020, 6:18 pm

Horses_n_Hoops wrote:
March 27th, 2020, 6:14 pm
Why on the world would David Sloan leave? He’s been a very solid player, he hasn’t had any team issues (that we know of), he’d definitely have to sit a year, and he’ll get big amounts of playing time.
He wouldn't have to sit for a transfer if he graduates, but I'm not sure how close he would be to doing that coming from a JUCO. Having said that, I don't see any reason why he would transfer at this point. Even going young, KSU will still need some experience a guard to help with the transition.

stlcatfan
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 257 times

Post by stlcatfan » March 27th, 2020, 6:49 pm

Coach314 wrote:
March 27th, 2020, 4:08 pm
I would be really surprised at that. Do you know something we don't know?