What type of QB are we recruiting now?

The defending Big XII Champions
Hypeman

Re: What type of QB are we recruiting now?

Post by Hypeman » February 19th, 2019, 12:20 am

NDSU’s teams look more like Big 10 teams rather the Big 12. Seems to me that style of play would be successful in the big 12 because most defenses are gearing for the pass attack and are more concerned about speed. Bludgeoning the opponent with power
is the way for KSU to be successful. The contrarian approach always wins. Shoot, look what NDSU has done to the Big 12 teams they’ve played. Dominated them. I vote Kliemann starts bringing in more Paul Bunyans from Minn, Wisc, and Manatoba to man our offensive line so we can start bludgeoning the Big 12 ourselves.

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » February 19th, 2019, 4:25 pm

Tbonespop wrote:
February 18th, 2019, 11:05 pm
Opensource wrote:
February 18th, 2019, 8:52 pm
K-State doesn’t have offensive lineman to do what NDSU did at the Big 12 level. So, I bet we pass more than they want to until the offense gets established.
Agreed, his OLmen at NDSU were big by P5 football standards let alone FCS standards (they were huge for FCS players). To have that kind of advantage at the P5 level, we will have to average 350 lbs per lineman, and they still will have to be able to move. It's going to be more of a challenge to get OL that can bully opponents at the P5 level. Impossible? No, but definitely more difficult than what it was at NDSU.
Start with an agile OL that has the frame to add on weight and develop them to that size. They aren't going to come out of HS at 350lb and agile.