fbi/ncaa noose tightening on squawks?

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
Texan4KSU

Re: fbi/ncaa noose tightening on squawks?

Post by Texan4KSU » February 13th, 2019, 9:53 pm

College bball is a crooked, dirty sport. The one and done rule has only made it worst with all these players going to the highest bidder. Most these kids are known NBA prospects from their junior year in high school if not before. The vultures sweep in and start lining up their potential payday anyway they can. The NCAA has turned a blind eye to all of this and now the whole sport is being exposed for what it is..

kinsleycat
Has thanked: 0

Post by kinsleycat » February 13th, 2019, 11:13 pm

learnin wrote:
February 13th, 2019, 8:49 pm
xtrawildcat wrote:
February 13th, 2019, 6:43 pm

I think it will be much more than a slap.
1. They have already ruled Silvio ineligible for this year and next.
2,, To get this favorable ruling on Silvio, KU "hypothetically admitted Gassanola was a booster of the program."Now KU is trying to take back this admission. Fine, they can take it back but it is a fact that Gassanola was at minimum a booster and maybe could be classified as an agent for the team." Remember, Gassanola told Self he puts Kansas first when it comes to getting players and Gassanola has given money to get those players.

KU is already experiencing some pain just from the allegations and they are going to get nailed hard by the NCAA . Maybe sooner than later.
I agree, xtra. The NCAA hammered Missouri. They cannot afford to let Kansas off for much more dirt. Gassanola is a booster and agent for KU.
What is more, they have an assistant coach on tape trying to bid for the services of Zion. They, also, have Self on tape, after inking the contract with Addidas, saying: "We need players." They'll get hit with a hammer.
Hopefully. a sledge hammer

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » February 14th, 2019, 7:13 am

Texan4KSU wrote:
February 13th, 2019, 9:53 pm
College bball is a crooked, dirty sport. The one and done rule has only made it worst with all these players going to the highest bidder. Most these kids are known NBA prospects from their junior year in high school if not before. The vultures sweep in and start lining up their potential payday anyway they can. The NCAA has turned a blind eye to all of this and now the whole sport is being exposed for what it is..
Agreed. This is why I hope the NBA's G-League takes off and expands. Give these 18 year-old kids who would have been "one-and-dones", a contract out of high school where they can make a living wage, developing their skills in the NBA equivalent of the minor leagues. This would go a long way to cleaning up the corruption in the college ranks.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

Credulum
Been thanked: 0

Post by Credulum » February 14th, 2019, 10:05 am

stlcatfan wrote:
February 14th, 2019, 7:13 am
Texan4KSU wrote:
February 13th, 2019, 9:53 pm
Agreed. This is why I hope the NBA's G-League takes off and expands. Give these 18 year-old kids who would have been "one-and-dones", a contract out of high school where they can make a living wage, developing their skills in the NBA equivalent of the minor leagues. This would go a long way to cleaning up the corruption in the college ranks.
Is $100k/yr good enough though for these kids coming out of high school though? "Hypothetically" a players parents were getting $250k/yr to run the NBA prospect's AAU team. Then they got $100k for choosing the "right" college. The kid goes and has all sorts of fun in a college town for a year along with at minimum a $20k housing/food/1st year of college education while showcasing their skills to then sign a multi-million dollar contract after that first year.

The second option is to take the $100k for themselves and go to an unproven league and play against better competition and then I'm not sure after a year whether they can enter the NBA draft or not as they would already be playing in a team's affiliate. I guess if the player gets to choose the NBA affiliate they want that may be a deciding factor rather than taking your chances in the draft. But still many of these players are trying to make money for their families so the greedy parents may try to steer them the college route as they can get paid more.

powercat5000

Post by powercat5000 » February 14th, 2019, 10:16 am

It would be a legal $100k per year with no college homework, I’m sure a lot of kids will choose the nbag route.
Our Freedom Does Not End where Fear Begins

catbacker83

Pick 'Em

Post by catbacker83 » February 14th, 2019, 10:53 am

Silvio ineligible this year and next which means buh bye. But since the money was received prior to his arrival in Lowrents last year and he played last year, why was he not ineligible then? Probably due to the fact they did not want the Beakers to lose their Final 4 Banner and break their 14 year championship streak. They didn't want to go through all the hassle. If the NCAA was going make a Landmark Decision, then the Beakers should have been penalized for last year as well. Who knows what is next if anything, but we all know that it goes back further in the years and I am not sure if the NCAA will want to dig all of that up and make it an issue. Of course look at what happened to Ole Miss earlier this week and Misery a couple of weeks ago. The Beakers lie like a rug (Bill's) and the NCAA needs to grow a set and administer the punishment.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » February 14th, 2019, 11:39 am

what's telling about self and ku is that they would call gassnola a "booster" simply for the purpose of getting desousa eligible. they'll do anything to win, stoop to any level, including cheating. despicable program lead by unethical administration.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

powercat5000

Post by powercat5000 » February 14th, 2019, 12:22 pm

I bet Self will pull a Pete Carrol and jump to the nba here before long
Our Freedom Does Not End where Fear Begins

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » February 14th, 2019, 12:35 pm

powercat5000 wrote:
February 14th, 2019, 12:22 pm
I bet Self will pull a Pete Carrol and jump to the nba here before long
that happens only if the ncaa hammers ku, him, or squawk recruiting. as long as ronnie macs head to lawrence, he'll be there to collect his $5 million paychecks. but if that stream drys-up, he'll leave because it's the jimmys and joes that make him a hof coach. this is not bob knight at ku.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

PurpleOnWhite

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleOnWhite » February 14th, 2019, 1:12 pm

The fact that the ncaa declared SDS ineligible for two seasons after KU agreed to a “hypothetical” (which seems assinine on its face) indicates to me that the information the ncaa received from the FBI is damning of KU and/or Self. KU’s timing of getting caught in an FBI sting has put the ncaa squarely on the hot seat. It can no longer hide behind its “limited investigative tools.” Watch how hard KU pushes back. My guess is they will sound tough for their fan base but won’t press too hard on the ncaa. I’m sure KU’s current objective is to determine what the FBI/ncaa knows.