fbi/ncaa noose tightening on squawks?

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
tmcats

Pick 'Em

fbi/ncaa noose tightening on squawks?

Post by tmcats » February 13th, 2019, 4:59 pm

Meanwhile, there is still an unsettling feeling internally that the NCAA may not be done with Kansas.

Emmert told a group of reporters in December that the association had the "manpower and willpower" to investigate some of biggest names and brands in college basketball stemming from the FBI investigation.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... asketball/
Why is there something rather than nothing?

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » February 13th, 2019, 5:24 pm

KU picked the absolute worst time possible to get caught.

powercat5000

Post by powercat5000 » February 13th, 2019, 5:31 pm

I would say the best time possible!
Our Freedom Does Not End where Fear Begins

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » February 13th, 2019, 5:34 pm

tmcats wrote:
February 13th, 2019, 4:59 pm
Meanwhile, there is still an unsettling feeling internally that the NCAA may not be done with Kansas.

Emmert told a group of reporters in December that the association had the "manpower and willpower" to investigate some of biggest names and brands in college basketball stemming from the FBI investigation.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... asketball/
It’s all “hype” and a setup. A year from now they will be saying they threw all this manpower into it and the findings exonerate KU.

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » February 13th, 2019, 5:40 pm

I'll believe it when I see it. I still think KU and other big name institutions in the crosshairs of this investigation will end up with a relative slap on the wrist for their many years of cheating.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

Sir Ocelot

Post by Sir Ocelot » February 13th, 2019, 5:50 pm

If they get any penalty, the most it will be a slap on the wrist.

Then their fans and ESPN can complain about how Kansas was mistreated.

The NCAA reminds me of the scene in the Return of the Pink Panther when Clouseau is interrogating and organ grinder and his monkey while Clouseau ignores an armed robbery that is going on at the bank next to him. The Clouseau hits the banker on the head with his club.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnlIWpZSPXU

xtrawildcat

Post by xtrawildcat » February 13th, 2019, 6:43 pm

Sir Ocelot wrote:
February 13th, 2019, 5:50 pm

The NCAA reminds me of the scene in the Return of the Pink Panther when Clouseau is interrogating and organ grinder and his monkey while Clouseau ignores an armed robbery that is going on at the bank next to him. The Clouseau hits the banker on the head with his club.

I think it will be much more than a slap.
1. They have already ruled Silvio ineligible for this year and next.
2,, To get this favorable ruling on Silvio, KU "hypothetically admitted Gassanola was a booster of the program."Now KU is trying to take back this admission. Fine, they can take it back but it is a fact that Gassanola was at minimum a booster and maybe could be classified as an agent for the team." Remember, Gassanola told Self he puts Kansas first when it comes to getting players and Gassanola has given money to get those players.

KU is already experiencing some pain just from the allegations and they are going to get nailed hard by the NCAA . Maybe sooner than later.

Zoltar

Post by Zoltar » February 13th, 2019, 6:52 pm

Don't most schools try to get out in front of this and impose sanctions on themselves hoping the NCAA will go lighter on them? It would make sense to me for KU to forfeit all games the player played in, take down any banners they have about this and impose a post season ban this year. They are said to be down this year meaning it would be better to get this done and not let it hurt recruiting moving forward.

The only thing that I can figure from them taking no action is that they believe they will escape any sanctions at all. These are about the minimum I think the NCAA could hand out. I believe Cheatin' Bill may get a show cause as well.
Win the dang day!

Lionheart
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Lionheart » February 13th, 2019, 7:21 pm

Gassnolaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa give me that money. Let's meet at the moonbar. Bring Self and Townsend. Heeee Heeee Rockchauk going to jail.

learnin

Post by learnin » February 13th, 2019, 8:49 pm

xtrawildcat wrote:
February 13th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Sir Ocelot wrote:
February 13th, 2019, 5:50 pm

I think it will be much more than a slap.
1. They have already ruled Silvio ineligible for this year and next.
2,, To get this favorable ruling on Silvio, KU "hypothetically admitted Gassanola was a booster of the program."Now KU is trying to take back this admission. Fine, they can take it back but it is a fact that Gassanola was at minimum a booster and maybe could be classified as an agent for the team." Remember, Gassanola told Self he puts Kansas first when it comes to getting players and Gassanola has given money to get those players.

KU is already experiencing some pain just from the allegations and they are going to get nailed hard by the NCAA . Maybe sooner than later.
I agree, xtra. The NCAA hammered Missouri. They cannot afford to let Kansas off for much more dirt. Gassanola is a booster and agent for KU.
What is more, they have an assistant coach on tape trying to bid for the services of Zion. They, also, have Self on tape, after inking the contract with Addidas, saying: "We need players." They'll get hit with a hammer.