Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Webers track record with Bigmen at KSU

Post by DrJamesANaismith » January 11th, 2019, 9:27 am

wild@nite wrote:
January 10th, 2019, 1:39 pm
DrJamesANaismith wrote:
January 3rd, 2019, 12:39 am

Pullen was recruited by Huggins, not Martin.
Martin was the recruiter and main reason Pullen signed here.
I believe you're mistaken. According to Huggins, Hill was his lead recruiter:

https://www.wvgazettemail.com/sports/wv ... 98e1c.html

And according to Pullen, Huggins was the main reason he signed. Not a mention of Martin leading his recruiting:

""Maywood (Ill.) Proviso East point guard Jacob Pullen has had schools from across the country recruit him this spring and summer. Now, the three-star guard has trimmed his list down to a final two schools. He hosted one of the coaches earlier this week and will host the other later on this week while leading up to a possible decision.

"Coach (Bob) Huggins from Kansas State was here on Sunday for an in-home visit," the 6-foot-1, 175-pound Pullen said. "We had a great visit. He told me about the school, the people and the program he is trying to get going there. Coach Huggins is a wonder. I'm the most competitive person I know and I think he's the type of coach that I could play for. He is very competitive and wants to win. I see that Coach Huggins is going to win at Kansas State and I think I may want to be part of it.

"He's a really good coach and will have things going quickly with what he has going on. He already has the best player, Michael Beasley, coming to play for him and he's maybe going to get Bill Walker and they are in good shape with DeJuan Blair too. Things are going to be very exciting there."

The other finalist for Pullen is Brian Gregory's Dayton Flyers program.

"They have been recruiting me hard for a while," Pullen said. "They have a couple of friends of mine committed to play for them already, so it would be nice to have them there with me."

Gregory will make his pitch to Pullen on Wednesday.

"They'll be here on Wednesday to see me and talk some more. I haven't made any decisions, yet. I'd say that right now, Kansas State is at the top of the list. Dayton has to catch up to them and they'll try when they're here. Dayton is bringing in some great players and building something there. I know I can fit in there, just like I could fit in at Kansas State. But, right now, I think Kansas State is a really good situation. Playing for Bob Huggins and going through what he is building there with the good players he is bringing in already, he has a good start right now."

Pullen has not scheduled an official visit with the Flyers but will be in the Little Apple to see the Wildcats the weekend of October 13.

"I'll be taking my official visit to Kansas State beginning the Friday night they are having their Midnight Madness. I'll be there that day and the next one for the football game. It should be a good trip. I don't have a visit scheduled to Dayton."

A decision most likely is going to come for Pullen prior to his official visit.

"I will most likely talk things over after the coaches leave on Wednesday and try to have a decision on Thursday on what I'm going to do.""

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » January 11th, 2019, 10:28 am

DrJamesANaismith wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 9:27 am
wild@nite wrote:
January 10th, 2019, 1:39 pm

Martin was the recruiter and main reason Pullen signed here.

And according to Pullen, Huggins was the main reason he signed. Not a mention of Martin leading his recruiting:

""Maywood (Ill.) Proviso East point guard Jacob Pullen has had schools from across the country recruit him this spring and summer. Now, the three-star guard has trimmed his list down to a final two schools. He hosted one of the coaches earlier this week and will host the other later on this week while leading up to a possible decision.

"Coach (Bob) Huggins from Kansas State was here on Sunday for an in-home visit," the 6-foot-1, 175-pound Pullen said. "We had a great visit. He told me about the school, the people and the program he is trying to get going there. Coach Huggins is a wonder. I'm the most competitive person I know and I think he's the type of coach that I could play for. He is very competitive and wants to win. I see that Coach Huggins is going to win at Kansas State and I think I may want to be part of it.

"He's a really good coach and will have things going quickly with what he has going on. He already has the best player, Michael Beasley, coming to play for him and he's maybe going to get Bill Walker and they are in good shape with DeJuan Blair too. Things are going to be very exciting there."

"They have been recruiting me hard for a while," Pullen said. "They have a couple of friends of mine committed to play for them already, so it would be nice to have them there with me."

"They'll be here on Wednesday to see me and talk some more. I haven't made any decisions, yet. I'd say that right now, Kansas State is at the top of the list. Dayton has to catch up to them and they'll try when they're here. Dayton is bringing in some great players and building something there. I know I can fit in there, just like I could fit in at Kansas State. But, right now, I think Kansas State is a really good situation. Playing for Bob Huggins and going through what he is building there with the good players he is bringing in already, he has a good start right now."

Pullen has not scheduled an official visit with the Flyers but will be in the Little Apple to see the Wildcats the weekend of October 13.

"I'll be taking my official visit to Kansas State beginning the Friday night they are having their Midnight Madness. I'll be there that day and the next one for the football game. It should be a good trip. I don't have a visit scheduled to Dayton."

"I will most likely talk things over after the coaches leave on Wednesday and try to have a decision on Thursday on what I'm going to do.""
Martin and Hill both recruited him, and Hill may have been the lead technically, but Jacob has stated before that he came to KState because of Frank Martin. As you can see below, Frank recruited Pullen too.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/ ... llen-38012

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » January 11th, 2019, 11:23 am

Frank’s role was dropping off the brown paper bags of cash.

DrJamesANaismith

Post by DrJamesANaismith » January 11th, 2019, 2:24 pm

wild@nite wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 10:28 am
DrJamesANaismith wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 9:27 am

Martin and Hill both recruited him, and Hill may have been the lead technically, but Jacob has stated before that he came to KState because of Frank Martin. As you can see below, Frank recruited Pullen too.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/ ... llen-38012
I cited direct quotes from Huggins and Pullen. Do you have a link to Pullen saying he came to KSU because of Martin?

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » January 11th, 2019, 3:30 pm

First of all, that quote from Pullen was when before his decision. I'm not arguing what Huggins said. Maybe Hill was the primary recruiter, but I'm telling you I've heard Jake Pullen say in interviews he came to KSTATE because of he loved Frank Martin. Why would I make that up? Also, I've followed KState's sports for 43 years. Probably know a little more than some Squawk whose hanging out over here.
Last edited by wild@nite on January 11th, 2019, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » January 11th, 2019, 3:33 pm

:rofl:

DrJamesANaismith

Post by DrJamesANaismith » January 11th, 2019, 5:20 pm

wild@nite wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 3:30 pm
First of all, that quote from Pullen was when before his decision. I'm not arguing what Huggins said. Maybe Hill was the primary recruiter, but I'm telling you I've heard Jake Pullen say in interviews he came to KSTATE because of he loved Frank Martin. Why would I make that up? Also, I've followed KState's sports for 43 years. Probably know a little more than some Squawk whose hanging out over here.
It's a message board discussion. I've followed KSU sports longer than that, and have been respectful in my few posts here. Why are you being condescending? I didn't say you made it up and you didn't say "you heard him say it."

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » January 11th, 2019, 5:30 pm

DrJamesANaismith wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 5:20 pm
wild@nite wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 3:30 pm
It's a message board discussion. I've followed KSU sports longer than that, and have been respectful in my few posts here. Why are you being condescending? I didn't say you made it up and you didn't say "you heard him say it."
Because you just showed up here recently with a Naismith tag and are questioning me like I'm lying. It would be different if you weren't a Squawk. You do understand we absolutely despise KU and their decades of cheating over here correct? You may be a good guy, but on a KSU board, you're going to get treated that way when you try to Google stuff to try and make someone look bad after you clearly stated Huggins, not Frank recruited Jake.

Jake was undecided until Martin reeled him in. I'm in no way disputing that Hill was involved, but Frank closed the deal.

WIldWIllieCat

Post by WIldWIllieCat » January 11th, 2019, 5:49 pm

That particular Squawk username has also formerly been utilized by an utterly reprehensible human being....so there is some history as well.

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » January 11th, 2019, 5:59 pm

Are you trying to say Frank had no involved in Jacobs recruitment, or why he stayed at KSU for 4 years? Because that's the credit I'm originally making with Frank in regards to Jacob.

FWIW... Your time would probably be better spent figuring out how to better conceal those 3rd party payments to your own players. :rofl: