Bison play for national championship at 11:00 AM CST today

The defending Big XII Champions
ToledoCat#2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bison play for national championship at 11:00 AM CST today

Post by ToledoCat#2 » January 6th, 2019, 10:17 am

I watched the entire game perfectly -- commentators and everything.

Congrats to the Herd.

kstueve

Post by kstueve » January 6th, 2019, 10:50 am

NoDak Bisman wrote:
January 5th, 2019, 9:54 pm
Tbonespop wrote:
January 5th, 2019, 2:46 pm
This drive is a dagger. Vintage NDSU late 4th quarter, +15 play drive, +90 yards, ~10 min drive, 100% 3rd down conversion rate.
Right on TBone - Does it bring back memories.....? 2013 same killer drive mentality, take all the steam out of the other team, incredible drive. But we didn't finish with points, very lucky we had 14points up to cushion it.

That IS what Coach K will demand the Cats to learn to hold the O and stay on the field when its the best weapon with Clock killer drives.....

Good luck next season.,
NoDak Bisman
Some of you NDSU Fans should really have spent some time researching what Bill Snyder 2.0 was all about before you came on here preaching what our team will need to learn to do.

Opensource

Post by Opensource » January 6th, 2019, 1:04 pm

It is fun to see similarities in NDSU fans and K-State fans. I will be a NDSU fan. But, they are a bit clueless in that they probably don't even know that Snyder re-invented much of the ball control offense happening today. Watch the 1998 Bishop led K-State team against Nebraska when we were ranked number one. Look at the principles that Snyder became overly focused on. Learn that Urban Meyer visited K-State, learned the offense, and popularized many of the Snyder philosophy with Tebow. Learn that much of what the Seahawks do was based on Pete Carroll's plan at New England, when he drafted Bishop prior to him getting fired. Bishop's lack of NFL success can be largely attributed to people not running an offense that suited his abilities. NDSU fans need to learn K-State history. Snyder's recent years aren't the story.

Bishop Quote:

"A lot of people talk about Cam Newton, Michael Vick, and all those guys," Bishop said. "What those guys did, I did five, six years prior to what they did. At the end of the day, I finally started getting some credit.... When it's all said and done, I felt great about what I was doing. I think that the rest of the world, as far as the NFL, wasn't ready for my style of play. I think that might be a main factor why I didn't get the opportunity that I wanted."

Pete Carroll Quote:

"When we talked about restructuring our quarterback setup, part of that was to get a guy who could give us a change of pace and to give us a different kind of attack when we go to a young quarterback," Carroll said, according to a Hartford Courant article. "We were able to do that with Mike Bishop. Anybody who has watched Kansas State this season and watched the progress they made and the tremendous offense they put together, it was all built around Bishop."

PurpleOnWhite

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleOnWhite » January 6th, 2019, 1:54 pm

I’m saddened! Was led to believe NDSU patented hard-nosed, ball control offense.

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » January 6th, 2019, 2:57 pm

I see many similarities between Coach Snyder and Coach K. Hopefully Chris will also be a hall of fame coach one day. I would say he is well on his way. Both guys are about running the ball and creative recruiting. Also coaching guys up and teaching fundamentals. These are some of the reasons I am very optimistic about the hire. I think he fits our culture and personality. I can see he and Bill seeing eye to eye on many aspects of coaching. Hopefully they become compadres. Watching the game yesterday I had to wonder if Coach K or Coach Bohl modeled any of their style on Coach Snyder? Just very similar in many aspects.

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » January 6th, 2019, 3:55 pm

kstueve wrote:
January 6th, 2019, 10:50 am
NoDak Bisman wrote:
January 5th, 2019, 9:54 pm

Right on TBone - Does it bring back memories.....? 2013 same killer drive mentality, take all the steam out of the other team, incredible drive. But we didn't finish with points, very lucky we had 14points up to cushion it.

That IS what Coach K will demand the Cats to learn to hold the O and stay on the field when its the best weapon with Clock killer drives.....

Good luck next season.,
NoDak Bisman
Some of you NDSU Fans should really have spent some time researching what Bill Snyder 2.0 was all about before you came on here preaching what our team will need to learn to do.
Agreed. I think that every single time he posts this. Snyder and his invention of the Wildcat, plus the implementation of the "battering ram" QB was the blueprint for programs.

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » January 6th, 2019, 4:10 pm

Folks, the overall "theory" from Snyder and Coach Kli are the same - and to be brutally honest, neither of them invented the theory behind the strategy. With that said, there are stark differences in schemes, coaching, execution, recruiting (hopefully), and strength and conditioning between the two. The schematic changes on both sides of the ball alone are a welcomed change. I love coach Snyder and I am grateful for everything he has done for KSU, but I'm much more optimistic going into 2019.
EMAW

Ksuhampton

Post by Ksuhampton » January 6th, 2019, 4:29 pm

On vacation in Jamaica I met a big group of SDSU and they are thankful for us taking their coach. That also was true of HCBS leaving the big 10.

NoDak Bisman

Post by NoDak Bisman » January 7th, 2019, 7:14 pm

Opensource wrote:
January 6th, 2019, 1:04 pm
It is fun to see similarities in NDSU fans and K-State fans. I will be a NDSU fan. Watch the 1998 Bishop led K-State team against Nebraska when we were ranked number one. Look at the principles that Snyder became overly focused on. Learn that Urban Meyer visited K-State, learned the offense, and popularized many of the Snyder philosophy with Tebow. Learn that much of what the Seahawks do was based on Pete Carroll's plan at New England, when he drafted Bishop prior to him getting fired. Bishop's lack of NFL success can be largely attributed to people not running an offense that suited his abilities. NDSU fans need to learn K-State history. Snyder's recent years aren't the story.

Bishop Quote:

"A lot of people talk about Cam Newton, Michael Vick, and all those guys," Bishop said. "What those guys did, I did five, six years prior to what they did. At the end of the day, I finally started getting some credit.... When it's all said and done, I felt great about what I was doing. I think that the rest of the world, as far as the NFL, wasn't ready for my style of play. I think that might be a main factor why I didn't get the opportunity that I wanted."

Pete Carroll Quote:

"When we talked about restructuring our quarterback setup, part of that was to get a guy who could give us a change of pace and to give us a different kind of attack when we go to a young quarterback," Carroll said, according to a Hartford Courant article. "We were able to do that with Mike Bishop. Anybody who has watched Kansas State this season and watched the progress they made and the tremendous offense they put together, it was all built around Bishop."
But, they are a bit clueless in that they probably don't even know that Snyder re-invented much of the ball control offense happening today.
So You are correct on your comment above and cut/pasted so I could be more accurate. I don't know far back history of KSU football but do know your program use to be a contender in the Big 12. I only watched your run in 2012 and that was fun, always pulling for a Midwestern FBS team is fun.

I will stay off your forum moving ahead and watch from afar and see if Coach K can reignite your program that is USE to have....
I can't stand the RPO, 4 wide out college offenses and that is what you were doing lately and the QB can't make a darn decision himself.
I like under the center QB football, full backs blocking, and play action.....that's real football and that's what they play in the pro's.... if you haven't noticed.

Good luck, I wished the Big 12 commissioner would give NDSU an Invite to the Big 12, your conference could use us to spice it up, that's no joke. I would like to see this happen. I'm tired of the wipping we give almost all teams outside of maybe 2 games all year.....You guys have such a nice stadium, would love to come play there again, maybe Coach K will give us a shot in the next 6 years.... & Gene Taylor.

2020 - Aug.30th - Oregon - we will be them, count on it!

Bison Pride,
NoDak Bisman

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » January 8th, 2019, 2:19 pm

I hope Klieman duplicates his success at NDSU at K-State. For the Bison who keep throwing out their winning streak against FBS teams, the best of the lot was the win in Manhattan when Snyder treated them like the preacher coming over for dinner. Iowa St in 2014=2-10, 2012 Colorado St=4-8, Minnesota in 20141=3-9 and the beaks in 2010 were 3-9. For a team that is bragging up their RPI or whatever, that's not exactly a juggernaut row of wins for a team ranked as high as it is.