miz loses to oSu ...

The defending Big XII Champions
tmcats

Pick 'Em

miz loses to oSu ...

Post by tmcats » December 31st, 2018, 7:45 pm

:rofl:
Why is there something rather than nothing?

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » December 31st, 2018, 8:02 pm

I didn't see the game, but I am happy that oSu won. I believe they even had a few of their best players sit this one out.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » December 31st, 2018, 11:13 pm

methzou should have lost with those ugly a$$ emoticon stickers on their helmets. Looked like something from Winnie the Pooh.

oscar

Post by oscar » January 1st, 2019, 12:52 am

Mizzou defense was pathetic, likely a housecleaning of that crappy staff

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » January 1st, 2019, 6:28 am

Three SEC vs Big 12 bowl games. Bama gave up 34. Vandy gave up 45. Mizzou gave up 38. 39 ppg. And oh by the way, the top 15 Kentucky Wildcats put up 14 pts on the same Vandy team that Baylor hung 45 on.

Yes, the SEC is a better overall conference, but I'm sick of hearing "the Big 12 doesn't play defense" and I'm sooo happy to see a damn near 40ppg average hung on the cheatin' south in 3 games. Think ESPN will take notice? Me neither.

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » January 1st, 2019, 7:53 am

always said, cause I believe it, Bama would not end up undefeated too many years if they played in our conference and had to have those big bodies running hard all game, game after game.

are they a very good team? absolutely. would they be top 10 in any given year? sure. but that's a far cry from undefeated and deemed invicincible.

I watched NU and OU do this year after year. swim through a velveeta cheese conference. play one difficult game at the end, then get annointed to a NC bowl opportunity.

the window dressings a little different. the process is still the same.
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

Lionheart
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Lionheart » January 1st, 2019, 10:28 am

Awesome Missouri lost to OSU. Now big 12 fans trying to come out again and talk smack. Maybe we better figure out how to compete against Mississippi State. I recall they smacked us in the mouth this year and big girls cried again. Please don't make us play a team from the SEC. Meow Meow

Lionheart
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Lionheart » January 1st, 2019, 10:31 am

And don't forget KU got Les Miles and Pooka Bazooka. Pooka is doing the jail house rock. Go Cats let's donate the chickenhawks.

epicsnyder

Post by epicsnyder » January 1st, 2019, 10:39 am

KITNooga wrote:
January 1st, 2019, 7:53 am
always said, cause I believe it, Bama would not end up undefeated too many years if they played in our conference and had to have those big bodies running hard all game, game after game.

are they a very good team? absolutely. would they be top 10 in any given year? sure. but that's a far cry from undefeated and deemed invicincible.

I watched NU and OU do this year after year. swim through a velveeta cheese conference. play one difficult game at the end, then get annointed to a NC bowl opportunity.

I think you are forgetting the fact that "those big bodies" are backed up by 2-3 more levels on depth chart of MORE 5 star big bodies and would most assuredly plow their way through our conference year after year, like they do the SEC. It is laughable to believe otherwise. I agree that the SEC is over rated most years from top to bottom. And I am also tired of the "no defense" B.S. from the mostly SEC biased and experienced self-proclaimed experts at E$ecPN.
Bama' has no window dressing on their sideline. None. Risner might have been the only guy on our roster this year that would have even sniffed the field in Tuscaloosa. That is a FACT.
In a perfect world, everyone would choose hard work, morals and ethics over obscene money and fame. And everyone outside of Lowrents would be required to be a red blooded, card carrying Payhawk hater.

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » January 1st, 2019, 10:59 am

epicsnyder wrote:
January 1st, 2019, 10:39 am
KITNooga wrote:
January 1st, 2019, 7:53 am

I think you are forgetting the fact that "those big bodies" are backed up by 2-3 more levels on depth chart of MORE 5 star big bodies and would most assuredly plow their way through our conference year after year, like they do the SEC. It is laughable to believe otherwise. I agree that the SEC is over rated most years from top to bottom. And I am also tired of the "no defense" B.S. from the mostly SEC biased and experienced self-proclaimed experts at E$ecPN.
Bama' has no window dressing on their sideline. None. Risner might have been the only guy on our roster this year that would have even sniffed the field in Tuscaloosa. That is a FACT.
You’re right and the lack of parity is what’s making college football uninteresting. B-ball is much more fun.

I’ve never understood why 5 star players will go to a school like Alabama and sit the bench? Isn’t it about playing the game, getting a degree, and getting a job? Many of them probably don’t get any of those things. They do get a ring I guess.